Introduce Yourself

tmama

Arachnopeon
Hi, I'm Meredith!

I got into this hobby two months ago. It started with a G. porteri someone gave away on Craigslist and now I've added 11 more. Including A. anax, G. pulchripes, N. chromatus, C. versicolor, B. albopilosum, B. vagans, L. parahybana, C. cyaneopubescens, Euathlus sp. red, H. villosella and a Heterometrus sp. scorpion. So far this site has been ny greatest resource.

Caseyface

Arachnosquire
Hi, I'm Meredith!

I got into this hobby two months ago. It started with a G. porteri someone gave away on Craigslist and now I've added 11 more. Including A. anax, G. pulchripes, N. chromatus, C. versicolor, B. albopilosum, B. vagans, L. parahybana, C. cyaneopubescens, Euathlus sp. red, H. villosella and a Heterometrus sp. scorpion. So far this site has been ny greatest resource.
Hi Meredith! I started with one B. albopilosum about three months ago, and now I am up to 20! I just picked up my four new spiderlings today! I must agree that this website has been an amazing resource.

How big is your Euathlus sp. red? I have one adult female, and one of her slings. I named the adult Gordita, and she is my favorite.

Oliver King

Arachnopeon
Hello Everybody-

I am Oliver, and my main focus is aquatic insects, especially giant water bugs in the family Belostomatidae, though I am interested in all arthropods. I am about to go off to college, but in the meantime I am trying to get into the hobby of keeping live inverts. It is a pleasure to meet you all, and I hope I can become a valuable addition to the community!

tmama

Arachnopeon
Hi Meredith! I started with one B. albopilosum about three months ago, and now I am up to 20! I just picked up my four new spiderlings today! I must agree that this website has been an amazing resource.

How big is your Euathlus sp. red? I have one adult female, and one of her slings. I named the adult Gordita, and she is my favorite.
Its addicting! My Euathlus sling is tiny, sold at 1/4 inch but I swear it looks smaller. Here's a photo! How long have you had yours? I hear they're extremely slow growers.

Attachments

Caseyface

Arachnosquire
Its addicting! My Euathlus sling is tiny, sold at 1/4 inch but I swear it looks smaller. Here's a photo! How long have you had yours? I hear they're extremely slow growers.
I've had my two for about two months. The sling is a solid 1/4", and looking pretty fat, so I am really hoping it wants to molt. I have another dwarf sling, a C. elegans. That one was sold as the same size, but is definitely smaller than 1/4".

They are pretty slow growers, so we are in it for the long haul with these slings! We'll have to compare growth rates(over the next few years, hahaha).

eaturbyfill

Arachnopeon
Hi! I am new to the forum and to tarantulas. I've placed an order for one A. chalcodes and two B. absopilosum and look forward to receiving them. Been spending a huge amount of time researching and watching tarantula videos!

Caseyface

Arachnosquire
Hi! I am new to the forum and to tarantulas. I've placed an order for one A. chalcodes and two B. absopilosum and look forward to receiving them. Been spending a huge amount of time researching and watching tarantula videos!
An adult female B. albopilosum was my first T, too! <3

Ragnoso

Arachnosquire
Hello to everyone! I'm new to the forum and to this hobby and I want to learn a lot more about the world of aracnids. Within a few days I will receive my first tarantula (a 9-10 months old female B. smithi) and I cannot wait to start this first experience.

Caseyface

Arachnosquire
Hello to everyone! I'm new to the forum and to this hobby and I want to learn a lot more about the world of aracnids. Within a few days I will receive my first tarantula (a 9-10 months old female B. smithi) and I cannot wait to start this first experience.
Welcome! I found AB shortly after starting the hobby. It is amazing how much I have learned. Read as much as you can, ask questions, and reach out of you need us!! :)

Maxwell

Arachnopeon
Hello everyone my name is Max I am from Virginia and am somewhat new to the hobby, I look forward to getting lots of new and useful information in the future here!

Fix0on

Arachnopeon
Hey there! Im Matt! I live in London but I am originally from Poland. I own tarantulas for over a year now; in my collection which is constantly expanding, you can find T's like P. murinus, G. rosea, 2 slings of N incei, Ch. sp Blue Vietnam, L parahybana and Chromatopelma cyano... yeaah :)

keks

Arachnobaron
Good morning :)!
After some years of abstinence I start again with tarantulas. Please excuse me, my English is (still) rather bad, I am from Austria and I had no English conversations for a long time :bag:. I hope, I will improve.
In the next two weeks I will get a group of five Monocentropus balfouri slings (they are still with their mother), and I am very excited :happy:.
I also like Avicularia and .. and ... and .... ^^.

mylesriver

Arachnopeon
Hello! I'm Myles and I live in desolate southern Michigan. I have a B. albopilosum who is my first T! I've wanted one for years but just got him/her last Friday :)

DubiaW

Arachnobaron
OK. I've been active on this site for a few months without introducing myself properly.

My name is Jesse, and I live in AZ. I have two boys and I'm currently going through a divorce. I have been into exotics off and on through the years, mostly rattlesnakes and local venomous species. At university I worked at the NTRC serpentarium and venom research lab in Kingsville TX. I currently work as a maintenance plumber in corrections in a unit that houses mostly murderers serving life, (still working with dangerous animals). Over the years my interests moved to T's scorpions and now centipedes. I'm considering selling off all of my T's and focusing on breeding centipedes. My current collection consists of: (1)Poecilotheria ornatus, (1)Psalmopoeus irminia, (1)Stromatopelma calceatum, (2)Aphonopelma chalcodes, (1)Brachypelma albopilosum, (1)Phidippus audax (bold jumper), (5) Hadrurus arizonensis, (1)Centruroides sculpturatus (orange/red phase), (1)Unidentified plain brown scorpion, (4) Scolopendra subsinipes, (6) Scolopendra polymorpha (rusty phase), (1) Scolopendra viridis (unconfirmed), and a couple of cockroach colonies that act as feeders and pets. Other interests include Balkan Beats and other forms of cultural recycled music, BBQ, spelunking, writing, politics, social economic theory, science, history and street protest photography. I'm currently listening to Al Jawala, Blast Your Ghetto (Remixes).

DubiaW

Arachnobaron
Hello Everybody-

I am Oliver, and my main focus is aquatic insects, especially giant water bugs in the family Belostomatidae, though I am interested in all arthropods. I am about to go off to college, but in the meantime I am trying to get into the hobby of keeping live inverts. It is a pleasure to meet you all, and I hope I can become a valuable addition to the community!
You might find these interesting since you are into aquatic inverts. I have found these in the wild. You can buy kits to grow them for $3.99 on ebay. Still an interesting creature that I have run into during my excursions in AZ.

Triops longicaudatus (commonly called longtail tadpole shrimp, American tadpole shrimp, or rice tadpole shrimp) is a freshwater crustacean of the order Notostraca, resembling a miniature horseshoe crab. It is characterized by an elongated, segmented body, a flattened shield-like brownish carapace covering two thirds of the thorax, and two long filaments on the abdomen. Triops refers to its three eyes, and longicaudatus refers to the elongated tail structures. Triops longicaudatus is found in freshwater ponds and pools, often in places where few higher forms of life can exist. Like its relative Triops cancriformis, the longtail tadpole shrimp is considered a living fossil because its basic prehistoric morphology has changed little in the last 70 million years, exactly matching their ancient fossils. Triops longicaudatus is one of the oldest animal species still in existence. (Wikipedia)

Bearded Brian

Arachnopeon
Howdy peeps, had been recommended from a staff member from TheSpiderShop to come and join up, so here I am. Had T's for over 10+ years now and still going strong, gotta love the little guys and girls.I'll keep it short and sweet and wish you all the very best to all

Jacko65

Arachnopeon
Hi Everyone,
Finally took the plunge about a month ago after months of research and reading. My wife was adamant I wasn't getting a spider but I bought it for myself as a birthday present (so what could she say lol ??) I am now the proud owner of a 2 inch Grammostola pulchripes. He/she is feeding well and has settled into a new home with no dramas up to now. I live just outside Liverpool and purchased my spider from "Warrington Pets and Exotics", happy with the service and advice and will use them again. I have kept reptiles before but never a spider and am loving every minute. I fancy getting a Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens next.... what do you folks think?
Anyway a great site and forum with lots of good advice I look forward to getting to know you all.
Jacko.

Last edited:

Caseyface

Arachnosquire
Welcome @Bearded Brian and @Jacko65!

Had T's for over 10+ years now and still going strong, gotta love the little guys and girls.
Ah, I have only been in the hobby for a fraction of a fraction of that time! I can't see myself stopping anytime soon, either! :)

Hi Everyone,
My wife was adamant I wasn't getting a spider but I bought it for myself as a birthday present (so what could she say lol ??) I have kept reptiles before but never a spider and am loving every minute. I fancy getting a Chromatopelma Cyaneopubescens next.... what do you folks think?
HAHAH, that made me giggle. My girlfriend once told me I "couldn't" buy any more tarantulas until we bought shelving. I've never dropped money on two shelving units as fast. I'm now 25 Ts strong, with plenty of room for more. MWAHAHAHA. As for the C. cyaneopubsenscens (we only capitalize the genus), they are a great tarantula. I have one spiderling, and it has been a real treat observing. They are ferocious eaters, heavy-webbers, and stunning. Just say yes.

Jacko65

Arachnopeon
Welcome @Bearded Brian and @Jacko65!

Ah, I have only been in the hobby for a fraction of a fraction of that time! I can't see myself stopping anytime soon, either! :)

HAHAH, that made me giggle. My girlfriend once told me I "couldn't" buy any more tarantulas until we bought shelving. I've never dropped money on two shelving units as fast. I'm now 25 Ts strong, with plenty of room for more. MWAHAHAHA. As for the C. cyaneopubsenscens (we only capitalize the genus), they are a great tarantula. I have one spiderling, and it has been a real treat observing. They are ferocious eaters, heavy-webbers, and stunning. Just say yes.
Looks like I've got some catching up to do Caseyface....25 T's wow. I've just placed an order from a reputable online dealer for a 2cm C. cyaneopubsenscens, so you are getting the blame haha for twisting my arm ;). I'll post a pic when it arrives. Nice to meet you.:cool: