Introduce Yourself

C Cartwright

Arachnopeon
Hello

Hi,

My names Claire. I don't have any T's at the moment as I am traveling and I don't think my suitcase would be suitable accommodation. I'm hoping to settle into a permanent home later in the year and I am hoping to get some T's then.
In the meantime I plan to learn as much as I can in preparation for then so I will hopefully get as few surprises as possible. I will probably be asking stupid questions and embarrassing myself so I apologize now.
Thanks

Claire

Arachnosold1er

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hello Everyone!!
My name is Branden and I have been an arachno-nut for about 8 months now. My friend introduced me to the hobby and I now own 5 T's and looking for more. As you can probably tell by my User ID, i am a U.S. Soldier. I have been in the Army for two long years, and I am stationed in Georgia. I originally from South Carolina. I am also into cars and guitars!! Will have pics soon!

Bye!

Krazy Kat

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hi all

My name is T.j.,I've just gotten into the this cool hobby.My first tarantula is B.emilia and my next will be A.versicolor.If any one has some words of wisdom for a new comer that would be cool...

jme

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
allo

allo all im from edmonton alberta canada and i just recently got into inverts about half a year ago and figured a site like this would teach me alot about scorpions and tarantulas and also help me out if i had any questions i have a little list right now but im inlove with almost every tarantula and scorpion and i want to save every one i see in the pet stores so i figure it will grow quickly

0.1 avicularia metallica shes all matured and ready to mate now wooo :clap:
0.0.1 Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens (green bottle blue) almost has all her/his colors cant wait
0.0.1 B. smithy
1.0 gramastola rosea atleast i think its a male one more molt and ill know for sure :?
0.0.1 tanzanian red claw scorpion
0.0.1 B. jacksoni
0.1.0 black emperor with 11 scorplings so cute :p

Last edited:

Jason0528

Arachnopeon
my name is Jason and i have been keeping exotic animals for well over 8 years now with a collection that never stops growing lol. i just recently found out about this site through a friend and have decided to join since i have plenty of arachnids in my collection and it would always be good to have people who can help when i need it. i have been a member of reptilescanada.com for i believe a couple years now. so that's pretty much all i have for now. off to feed the zoo!!!!

dj_flip03

Arachnopeon
Ey guys!

Just new here (and to the hobby). Got the ff slings:

a.seemani
b.smithi
g.aureostriata
a.versicolor

all are just about 2-3cm small

-Exotic

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Famous Words.

Well hi everyone thanks to let me join you and your crew on this site i heard about this site so i joined im 16 years old and i love insects and reptiles i have quite a bit of creatures of myself tiger centiepde egyptian etc thx for having me here im looknig forward at meeting everyone here thank you to the arachno team!! {D {D

calum

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
hi y'all. im fairly new to keeping inverts and so far i have 19 pandinus imperator.
im hoping to get some hadrurus arizonensis soon.

Vettech1

Arachnopeon
Hi everyone,

I have quite a bit of experience with arachnids. My daughter and I are doing a specialized kids & adult educational & entertainment program, we go to a lot of schools, churches, ymca's & convalescent centers. We are always looking for large gentle arachnids to use in our programs & this seemed to be a great place to hook up to find other people interested in the same thing we are and maybe to find some new pets to add to our collection. We also have herps and some other exotic stuff but the inverts have been my favorites for awhile. Great to be here.;)

drummindan2007

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hey everyone!

New here. Been keeping Scorps for the past 6 months or so.

Hope to chat with you all soon!

PsychoSpider

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My name is Jason. My collection right now consists of 0.0.1 Gorygella sp. (or however you spell it) 0.1.0 Grammostola rosea 01.0 Hadogenes paucidans and a B. dubia colony and more to come. Bye!

scorpis

Arachnopeon
A member for a year, and finaly something about me

Hey!

I have been a member here in a year now, often in here to find some info and stuff, really good info to find on this forum :clap:

So, let me tell you people about me and my animals.
I am a 19 year old kid (born 4th of july :p ) whit arachnids and reptiles on my mind.

Arachnids i have now:
0.2.16 pandinus imperator
0.0.1 pandinus cavimanus
0.0.2 hottentotta judaicus
0.0.3 androctonus australis
1.2.0 archispirostreptus gigas

Scorps on their way:
0.0.2 androctonus bicolor
0.0.2 leiurus quinquestriatus
0.0.2 hottentotta trilineatus
0.0.2 heterometrus longimanus

Arachnids i had:
1.0.0 heterometrus spinifer
0.0.1 leiurus quinquestriatus
0.0.1 archispirostreptus gigas
0.0.2 scolopendra mirabilis

Reptiles i have:
1.0.0 pogona vitticeps
1.2.0 eublepharis macularius + 3eggs in incubator
0.0.1 rhacodactylus auriculatus
1.0.0 anolis caronilensis

Reptiles i had:
0.0.1 gecko gekko
0.2.10 lepidodactylus lugubris
1.0.0 iguana iguana
1.2.0 lacerta vivipara

I know this is not an reptile forum, but i think its worth to put in my list over animals. So i have/had a lot of animals, and i hope i can get in help for someone in her :)

A picture thread will come up soon :D

AngelPixel

Arachnopeon
helllo everyone. im a millipede girl. although i have been known to fancy some roaches and other little critters. no centipedes or t's for me though. ;P i like my slow moving detrivores the most. im looking to get more so if you know anywhere let me know!

mohsy2

Arachnopeon
Hello

:) Im so excited to finally get a account on here

me and b-fish are starting a collection/selling trading, exc. but im very interested in inverts and i have a lot to learn so i wanna soak it up every chance i can:)

Naveed83

Arachnopeon
Greetings. New here, but not totally new to the world of arachnids. I've had a mild interest in them all my life, but just recently I have become heavily hooked on them from playing with the macro photography setting on my digital camera.

I'm not to knowledgeable on the scientific names or identifying species yet, but I've got a basic general knowledge on them.

I was born in Phoenix, AZ and moved to Colorado when I was 3. Had tons of fun hunting black widows when I was a kid during summer time, which I usually spent at my grand parents in Phoenix. Thats where my mild interest on arachnids and other invertebrates started.
Currently I live in Hillsboro, Oregon where I've been since I was 13.

At the moment I have no invertebrate pets, but I had a funnel weaving spider a few years back. I caught it, but let it go after a week. Also I've been wanting to get a tarantula for a couple years now, but my wife won't have it lol. In the meantime though I've been happy just photographing the local arachnid and invertebrate life around my apartment.

Wow, thats the longest intro I've ever done. Anyways I'll post some of my photos here in the near future.

Tarantula007

Arachnopeon
hi all

Hello all am from belgium and have my first tarantula and i love her.
Its a C.Crawshayi(she is 2years old) but soon to have more tarantulas.
Love this hobby.

ps:sry for my crap english{D

Jo&Rich

Arachnopeon
Hello everyone!!!

Hey everybody we are new to the thread and we are pretty new to the arachno-world as well. You will probably see me on here primarily posting because I am the one that initially got started with taking in T's as pets. My name is Richard, I was just a recent arachnaphobe but now I am an arachnoholic :) my girlfriend Joelle (pronounced Jo Elle) was the one that talked me into buying my first invert.

Anyway, we are a laid back couple that are always wanting to experience and learn new things. And we are going to be happy to talk to each and every one on you during our stay here at the AB!

stevetastic

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Hello

Hi. My name is Steve. I just graduated with a degree in zoo animal technology. My big passions are all wildlife from Madagascar and inverts. I had my first T (stripe knee) about 3 years ago and my first scorpion (emporer) about 4 years ago. After they passed away (under someone elses care while i went home on vacation :mad: ) i took some time off to focus on school and then take a month long trip to madagascar but now i'm getting back in to it in a much bigger way. I currently have:

Tarantulas:

Mexican Redknee Tarantula (Brachypelma smithi): 0.0.2
Mexican Fireleg Tarantula (Brachypelma boehmei): 0.0.1
Chilean Rose Haired "Flame" Tarantula (Grammostola rosea): 0.0.1
Guyana Pinktoe Tarantula (Avicularia avicularia) 0.0.1
Panama Red Rump Tarantula (Sericopelma rubronitens) 0.1.0
Brazilian Salmon Birdeater (Lasiodora parahybana) 0.0.1

Scorpions:

Emperor Scorpion (Pandinus imperator) 1.1.0
Giant Desert Hairy Scorpion (Hadrurus arizonensis) 1.0.0
Flat Rock Scorpion (Hadogenes troglodytes) 0.0.1

more to come when the reptile expo hits town this weekend!!!

I also helpred set up the "Arachno-shack" at chehaw wild animal park in albany georgia while i interned there.

Last edited: