Species Grammostola pulchra

Fierce Deity

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Wow, looks like she made a nice little bed out of webbing to tan on. My rosie does the same thing.

kitty_b

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Fierce Deity said:
Wow, looks like she made a nice little bed out of webbing to tan on. My rosie does the same thing.
yeah, she's never been one to web, but that construction has been going on for about a week or so. now most of the middle section of the cage is covered. i wonder if she's getting ready to molt, because she only does it every 18+ months, and i think she is about due. she's also stopped eating again... though it's hard to tell on a black tarantula if their rump is black (since she doesn't really kick off her hairs).

Fierce Deity

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My rosie acts like a GBB or P. murinus and goes insane with webbing, covering the whole enclosure before a molt. She likes to mat substrate onto the webbing for more privacy. She has a little hide-out composed purely of web and substrate that she made.

Becca

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
reminds me of a moult mat!
I have to say, G.pulchra is the only Grammostola I have a real interest in keeping.

dragyn5

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Becca said:
reminds me of a moult mat!
I have to say, G.pulchra is the only Grammostola I have a real interest in keeping.
I love the Grammostolas, they are really sweet and very pretty. I just got an acteon and the aureostrata is a fantastic beginner T.

kitty_b

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i got this girl back in early 2003 as a 1/4" or 1/2" sling. she's probably my favorite. she wasn't my first T, but she's definitely the most docile and tolerant.

and it definitely looks like a molt mat. i removed her petri dish (water dish) to clean it, and the webbing is very thick.

GROW GIRL, GROW!!!

i also have a G. aureostriata 1" sling named "Nacho," but it's almost constantly hidden in its burrow. :(

alucard1965

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Big but ugly before the molt but very nice:) I will take pics tonight to show after big bib diff looks nice and black starting to look like a adult she was born on 5/14/05 and still only about 1-2 in need to mesure her to see.

Attachments

ErikH

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Very pretty! They are on my list for one of my next T.'s.

alucard1965

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thank you.I seen one on here too and had to get one, this guy in mich had one left so I got him for around 50.00.

smof

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I was informed earlier that tarantulas drool venom and digestive juices to clean their fangs, and that it's very common. But I had never seen it before, so thought I'd put these pics up for anyone else who hadn't seen it.

My G. pulchra, sitting in the corner of her tank with her ass in the air, dribbling. She looked crazy. But then she is probably the most active and weirdest of my Ts. All my other Ts are hiding and resting right now, but she's on a digging mission in the corner of her tank :D

Gigas

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
aww lol she looks hungry, that or its a water droplet, nice pic

Keith Richard

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
She was out exploring so I took the opportunity to take some macro shots. She's a babe!!

Beth-Tex

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yeppers, certainly a beauty you have there!!!! Nice pics!! :D

I love these guys.....love their color!!

Beth