Favorite Baboons?

elysium

Arachnosquire
Ah ah, that's true :) I remember that load of satellites. Where? Tirana, Valona, Fier, Durazzo/Durres? Kukes?
Haha I've been to all those places but I lived in Tirana. I've also been all over Italy many times - from the alps and Milano all the way down to Sicilia. lots of family and friends there too. The past decade in Toronto though, a lot easier to find theraposidae here :p.

Oh and to answer the thread...my favorite is the balfouri sling I just picked up from tarantula Canada :)

Josh33Baboons

Arachnopeon
Just got an awesome video of my P. Muticus eating a cricket but the site wont let me upload.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
i really loved my muticus, but my interest has slowly gone down, its been in premolt since December last year and i think its a male. (its about 3") i really loved raising it from a 1" sling though, awesome tunnels and so many cool take downs. planning on buying a good sized (4"+) female soon. i love my H mac as well.

Josh33Baboons

Arachnopeon
image.png
i really loved my muticus, but my interest has slowly gone down, its been in premolt since December last year and i think its a male. (its about 3") i really loved raising it from a 1" sling though, awesome tunnels and so many cool take downs. planning on buying a good sized (4"+) female soon. i love my H mac as well.
I got mine home and put it in the new enclosure and it was dozing and tunneling within ten minutes. In a way i wished he/she hadnt, and just stayed up top so i could see it but it tunneled down in a corner against the glass so i can see the entire length of its tunnel. And like you say with yours, im not looking forward to the disrepectfuly long growth time but ill live. Got a baby P. Murinus at the same time so i can still watch that one grow while i wait on the muticus lol

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
View attachment 214885
I got mine home and put it in the new enclosure and it was dozing and tunneling within ten minutes. In a way i wished he/she hadnt, and just stayed up top so i could see it but it tunneled down in a corner against the glass so i can see the entire length of its tunnel. And like you say with yours, im not looking forward to the disrepectfuly long growth time but ill live. Got a baby P. Murinus at the same time so i can still watch that one grow while i wait on the muticus lol
murinus hit 2" within 6 months from 1/2". you'll have a adult murinus before you have a 3" muticus. my specimens abdomen is darkening so im optimistic for a molt in a couple months. its the slowest growing species ive heard of so far, expect maybe A chalcodes.

Josh33Baboons

Arachnopeon
Its such a fantastic digger/ eater that im not that upset about it. If it was a really boring species that was also a finicky eater id have probably already givin up lol. Im fine with it. Im certain the murinus will keep me plenty occupid in the meanwhile

crlovel

Arachnopeon
I love the calceatum. Just a beautiful spider. My pachypus has a lot of personality, too, but so do my OBTs. Screw it, I love them all!

Josh33Baboons

Arachnopeon
I apologize but i dont know alot of the latin names for the T's, mainly what i have i know and even those i cant pronounce half of lol

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
I apologize but i dont know alot of the latin names for the T's, mainly what i have i know and even those i cant pronounce half of lol
i watched Jon3800 feeding vids for hours at a time. he says the scientific names before he feeds every spider so you can eventually remember which is which.