Another vote for C. marshalli!

IMG_5033.jpg

IMG_5030.jpg

A. ezendami are really beautiful too!

IMG_4998.jpg

Last edited:

Kroogur

Arachnopeon
H.Maculata is awesome I have a lil sling and he is a hoot!, S.Calceatum is stunning especially the iridescent colors on the underside of it's legs and I picked up two C.Darlingi at the Steel City expo last weekend one is very laid back and the other is all threat displays and hissing :)

leaveittoweaver

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I love my Balfouri. The webs that little guy makes are just amazing. Great eater too.

I love the look of H.Mac's but am not ready for one.

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
There's still a lot of baboons that are rare in captivity, and more to be discovered. We have something to look for.

Josh33Baboons

Arachnopeon
I have an obt and a king baboon. The king looks exectly like what he/she will be when grown (1"). The obt on the other hand looks nothing like an obt (.5- .75"). It was labeled as such when i bought it.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
I am a big fan of I.mira not just because they trap door but they look good when you get to see them.

I have 4 baboon species ATM and I'm pretty fond of them all. I can't wait till all my little baboon Ts start showing their full on colors.

Blackout14

Arachnoknight
I adore my I miras and am a big fan of my h gigas but I haven't met a baboon I diddnt like yet..pokies though they scare me lol

Josh33Baboons

Arachnopeon
I am a big fan of I.mira not just because they trap door but they look good when you get to see them.

I have 4 baboon species ATM and I'm pretty fond of them all. I can't wait till all my little baboon Ts start showing their full on colors.
I just hope my obt wasnt mislabeled

Thistles

Arachnobroad
Old Timer
I have an obt and a king baboon. The king looks exectly like what he/she will be when grown (1"). The obt on the other hand looks nothing like an obt (.5- .75"). It was labeled as such when i bought it.
Baby OBTs are dark. Post a pic and we can verify, but I doubt anyone would sub something else in for an OBT.

I stand by my I. mira and H. macs! But I love all baboons. Can't beat the queen, and Ceratogyrus horns are too cool. Baboons have it all.

Josh33Baboons

Arachnopeon
Baby OBTs are dark. Post a pic and we can verify, but I doubt anyone would sub something else in for an OBT.

I stand by my I. mira and H. macs! But I love all baboons. Can't beat the queen, and Ceratogyrus horns are too cool. Baboons have it all.
I can get a pic in a few mins

Josh33Baboons

Arachnopeon
image.png

Here it is

Josh33Baboons

Arachnopeon
To be honest, thats the best pic ive taken of it... Lol. I kinda see and orange thing going on

Josh33Baboons

Arachnopeon
Adorable! And yes, it's an OBT :D hope you're ready for it!
Ready as ill ever be lol. The obt and the king baboon are the same age but the king is considerably heftier. Dont obt's grow a little faster than the kings? And thanks for the help. Much apreciated. Also have a g. Rosea thats quite gravid, so thats on the waiting list also for upcoming excitement

Wasabiroot

Arachnopeon
I've never met a baboon spider i didn't find the appeal in. In particular, I think the patterns they show on the opisthosoma are some of my favorite in the hobby.
I guess if I had to pick one, it'd be Augacephalus ezendami. Love the subtle color palette and starburst prosoma.
And if you get a chance, take a look at the size difference between mature M/F A. junodi. Rare to see in tarantulas.

Thistles

Arachnobroad
Old Timer
Ready as ill ever be lol. The obt and the king baboon are the same age but the king is considerably heftier. Dont obt's grow a little faster than the kings? And thanks for the help. Much apreciated. Also have a g. Rosea thats quite gravid, so thats on the waiting list also for upcoming excitement
Yes, OBTs grow much faster than kings. They have different builds, though. The king will be stockier as it grows. Good luck with the rosea!