Hello there, why not take a few seconds to register on our forums and become part of the community? Just click here.

Favorite Baboons?

Discussion in 'Tarantula Chat' started by Vukmir13, Nov 13, 2015.

1. Vukmir13

Vukmir13 Arachnopeon

Advertisement
    Hello all,

Which are your favorite baboons? My personal favorites are M balfouri, P muticus, and H pulchripes. The OBT is charming as well.:mask:
    Thank you, Manny

2. Faing

Faing Arachnoknight

USA
    P lugardi and H gigas are both nice, in their own ways.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Shawnee

Shawnee Arachnosquire

I really loved my OBT I had, and I really miss owning that species (Perhaps that is why I just bought some slings LOL) so I'd probably say OBT is my favorite for now, but I really love the way M. balfouri looks, and I'm going to get one in the future. They are one of the prettiest baboons ever! Also, very recently, as in last night, I finally ordered a Idiothele Mira (Blue Foot Baboon) sling. I've been waiting to do this and I'm very excited to finally get this little one. They are very beautiful baboons, and I've never owned this species before so it will be extra fun :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Vukmir13

Vukmir13 Arachnopeon

OBT's are super entertaining and you've always got to have one or a dozen. I will be getting my first I. mira in 2-3 months, very stoked about this as well. I have a few M. balfouri's and they're stunning, probably my favorite T. Thanks for the reply, Manny

5. Arachnomaniac19

Arachnomaniac19 Arachnolord

I haven't narrowed it down to species yet, but I love Hysterocrates and Pterinochilus. Everybody should own at least one.

• Like Like x 1
  6. fowlmoodmandy

fowlmoodmandy Arachnopeon

GA
    I like my Augacephalus enzendami.

• Like Like x 2
  7. cold blood

cold blood Moderator Staff Member

Does a mandrill count??:unsure:

I like C. marshalli and P. muticus...also really dig ezendami's look....and their feeding response really gets good as they grow.

• Like Like x 3
  8. M.balfouri and believe it or not, more for their behavior than their looks; not that the looks hurts. And, though I don't yet own one, E.pachypus--those pants kill me. >w<

• Like Like x 2
  9. Chris11

Chris11 ArachnoBat Arachnosupporter

Same exact order you put yours in, op. Except i cannot leave out C. darlingi.

• Like Like x 1
  10. johnny quango

johnny quango Arachnoknight Arachnosupporter

I'm not really too bothered about many baboons but I guess seeing as I have 2 in my collection then they must be my favourites and they H villosella and Eucratoscelus constrictus

• Like Like x 1
  11. I'm not really confident enough in my abilities at this point to own any "baboons" though there are several that I hope to own eventually. The first will be either C. marshalli or C. darlingi; I simply adore the appearance of Ceratogyrus species. :D Another species I'm eager to add to my collection would be P. lugardi and P. chordatus. Also would one day like to own H. maculata but that won't be happening for a long while. The only species listed here that I would consider getting in the near future would be a Ceratogyrus species. Just because I often see the them recommended as a good chioice for a first OW.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Chris LXXIX

Chris LXXIX ArachnoGod Active Member

Pelinobius muticus (0.1 only) IMO those are the best looking, size/shape Baboon ever.

Then Pterinochilus murinus, Ceratogyrus marshalli and genus Ceratogyrus in general, Hysterocrates gigas (again only 0.1).

I love all mines but my Baby, a female Pelinobius muticus, is very special, she's so :cute: especially when i spot her eyes, waiting for food near the burrow entrance.

• Like Like x 1
  13. jiacovazzi

jiacovazzi Arachnoknight

H pulchripes
    M balfouri
    P muticus are all my favorites

• Like Like x 1
  14. 8 leg wonder

8 leg wonder Arachnoangel Old Timer

E.oliveacea is def my fav. They web lots have an excellent feeding responce and are absolutely stunning

• Like Like x 1
  15. lalberts9310

lalberts9310 Arachnoprince

M. balfouri, P. muticus, H. gigas, H. pulchripes and H. maculata... altough I've only ever owned M. balfouri :p I like Ceratogyrus and Augacephalus as well.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Thistles

Thistles Arachnobroad

I've yet to meet a baboon I don't love. They're my favorite Ts, hands down. My favorite individual spider is an Idiothele mira but IMO you just can't beat a Heteroscodra maculata. They're the total package. I'm itching to get some Harpactira chrysogaster and I love my (generations of) Monocentropus balfouri, but seriously H macs are where it's at.

• Like Like x 2
  17. cold blood

Oh man, I totally forgot about I. mira. I always tell people they won't see her ever, but she's still one of my all time favs....trapdoors are possibly the coolest thing EVER.

H. mac however, does nothing for me.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Sana

Sana Arachnoprince Arachnosupporter

Really? Why? :eek: They are beautiful and elusive. So shy that any chance to actually view them is a gift.

Obviously I like H. macs. To be honest though, so far I adore all of my baboons. They have amazing looks and personality, and they make my significant other (who adores poecs) nervous for some unknown reason so I get a smile there.

• Like Like x 1
  19. cold blood

Way too reclusive and skittish, add in a major aversion to light and they are just a pain....touch something wrong and they can go whirlwind around enclosures, finally get a look, flashlight hits and they're gone....even my LV's let me look for a while before crawling into their holes. Slow growers and while decent eaters, they're so damn skittish I almost never get to see it...and I have 3. Probably the most likely t to just bolt for seemingly no reason of all the ts I've dealt with. Its like they are all schizophrenic.....I do like how well they can blend into their surroundings though...every t has redeeming qualities;) Its not that I hate them, I just don't get all the love they get....to me a Asian arboreals are just more attractive.

• Like Like x 1
  20. OBT; and I would love to someday get a horned baboon -- either Ceratogyrus would do.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.