Enclosure/Terrarium Pictures

Orchidist

Arachnopeon
Betta cup enclosure for A. versicolor sling. The bottom moss is (I think) Thuidium delicatulum. The moss on the bark is some random tropical moss from my crested gecko vivarium.

Attachments

dirtmonkey

Arachnopeon
Terrestrial
The Grammostola desert nursery.

Keeping it simple. I've used a gold colored clay from the forest, leaving little roots and moss bits in (and oven baking to kill off anything living in it). It's too heavy to use in large amounts, but in these smaller amounts they love it. It's not dusty and looks desert like without using sand. Most of them dug out caves under the bark right away, then sculpted out landscapes around them that they bind with silk and change around every few days.

4 G. pulchra to the left, 4 G. pulchripes to the right. The pulchra on the top left is the only one that isn't really into digging around, at least for now, and likes hanging out in full view. the two larger 2.5"-ish pulchripes mostly stay up top as well. They're just hiding from being moved around for dusting.

Attachments

sTop

Arachnopeon
can someone can show their Lasiodora sp. Striatipes Enclosure setup pls?!?!?!

Saark

Arachnosquire
T. stirmi set up - 36in x 18in x 18in with 4-6 inches (was deeper but has compacted over time) of coco fiber /potting soil mix. Hygrotherm hooked to red heat lamp and ultrasonic fogger with day temp at 84F with a 6 to 8 degree drop at night. Live plants are
Episcia cupreata 'Silver Skies' and Philodendron cordatum 'Lemon' The water dish was removed for cleaning. Can't say I've ever seen her drink from it though...

Attachments

Last edited:

Tanner Dzula

Arachnoknight
Arboreal Set up.
Species: A. Avic
Cork Bark is completely hollow, and opens up in the bottom Left end as a viewing window into the Hide.
Hard to see due to my Crappy phone camera, but a few small chunks of moss throughout the Actual cork bark itself.

Screen Shot 2017-02-04 at 3.49.10 PM.png

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Pirm en2.JPG This is one I set up for my P. irminia for once she outgrows her current enclosure, hoping she either uses the cork tube or makes a web tube in the back corner Pirm en.JPG

user 666

Arachnobaron
Arboreal

This one is based on a Hobby Lobby display case (5.5 x 6.5 x 8.5) and is my first attempt at an arboreal enclosure with minimal substrate. The current occupant is an S calceatum whose previous home was short of ventilation and decoration. (it was a rush build for a 3.5" T which was supposed to be a 1.5" T)

The base is a coco fiber sheet (find it in the hermit crab section) with about an inch of moss, a handful of coco fiber substrate, and a water dish. Along the back are a cork bark tube (open at both ends), a twig, and a section of plastic vine wrapped around the twig.

The vine, twig, and tube were hot glued into the enclosure, and so is the coco fiber sheet.

All in all I am pleased with the look but if I had to do it again I would distress the edges of the fiber sheet and use a vine which wasn't so beat up. (But I am going to wait for critiques before trying again, anyway.)

Attachments