Enclosure/Terrarium Pictures

raggamuffin415

Arachnosquire
10 gallon for P.irminia with actinic light
Nice little setup, though pointless to put Irminia in there lol. Put my girl in a 12x12x18 and she rarely ever leaves cork round, no effort to explore from what I've seen!

RMJ, cool tanks man! Would love to see more and learn more about the set ups.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer

Dendrobates leucomelas vivarium
24x18x36 Exo Terra

Very nice Vespers!! Definitely inspires me to keep going in this direction. The more pics the merrier. Did the branch on the right develop plants on it? Or is it artificial cage furniture? Either way it looks very nice. What LED lighting system are you using?

vespers

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Thanks, man...the branch is a tree fern log. The plant at the top is a black rabbit's foot fern (Davallia trichomanoides), and the small vines with round leaves growing down it are Peperomia prostrata. The small leaved vine growing up the log is Ficus pumilia 'Minima'. And there's at least 2 different types of moss growing on it. Except for one of the mosses, I planted those there myself and let them take off. The lighting is one of the 22" LED bars sold by Tincman Herps.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Thanks, man...the branch is a tree fern log. The plant at the top is a black rabbit's foot fern (Davallia trichomanoides), and the small vines with round leaves growing down it are Peperomia prostrata. The small leaved vine growing up the log is Ficus pumilia 'Minima'. And there's at least 2 different types of moss growing on it. Except for one of the mosses, I planted those there myself and let them take off. The lighting is one of the 22" LED bars sold by Tincman Herps.
@vespers would you clear your inbox please. I'm sure it's full because of PM. I have saved all the info you kindly provided. I have a reply to send you based on the previous info and some additional research since last communicating.

Just let me know when it's not full.;)

vespers

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
@vespers would you clear your inbox please. I'm sure it's full because of PM. I have saved all the info you kindly provided. I have a reply to send you based on the previous info and some additional research since last communicating.

Just let me know when it's not full.;)
Hopefully its cleared up some now, I wasn't exactly sure how to do it on this newer version of the forum.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
B. auratum and P. irminia
Very nice looking. I wish you had a build thread for these. Where did the irminia take up residence?

What did you use to make the background wall in both setups, and how did you do it?

Hias

Arachnopeon
Its very simple to build such Terras. Just go into the forest and look for "Things". The substrate is loamy soil (or earth?) from there. The background is also made of loamy soil. Simply press it down firmly.
Maybe i will make a build thread for the next one :)
For the irminia: I hoped she would build up her home in the barktube to the left. But no, she is hiding in front under the bough :D

Sry, if my english inst perfect. Its not my native language.

Btw: Thats my first Terra ever made for my G. porteri, but im not so happy about it.

Attachments

Last edited:

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Its very simple to build such Terras. Just go into the forest and look for "Things". The substrate is loamy soil (or earth?) from there. The background is also made of loamy soil. Simply press it down firmly.
Maybe i will make a build thread for the next one :)
For the irminia: I hoped she would build up her home in the barktube to the left. But no, she is hiding in front under the bough :D

Sry, if my english inst perfect. Its not my native language.
Danke

Your English is far better than my German ;) A build thread would be quite helpful. There are a lot of details we do in building that aren't obvious with the pictures.

Last edited:

vespers

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
a great enclosure setup this is great for a rainforest tarantula right?!
This vivarium is for dart frogs though. You could possibly do something similar for an arboreal rainforest tarantula, with a few modifications. But that enclosure size would be overkill for any tarantula (Its 3 ft tall, 2 feet wide, and 1 1/2 feet deep).

sTop

Arachnopeon
This vivarium is for dart frogs though. You could possibly do something similar for an arboreal rainforest tarantula, with a few modifications. But that enclosure size would be overkill for any tarantula (Its 3 ft tall, 2 feet wide, and 1 1/2 feet deep).
its really large terrarium this is my rainforest enclo...the size is 12 Length x 8 width x 8 Height

Attachments