Enclosure/Terrarium Pictures

raggamuffin415

Arachnosquire
Another shot of the first tank picnic posted for my C. Schioedtei. My first attempt at using foam... worked pretty well, tho part of the foam shrank/collapsed since I used gorilla glue to secure to glass. Making sure t's have hiding places is essential, whether it's with a cork tube or branches and plants.

Attachments

raggamuffin415

Arachnosquire
My P. Striata girl is pushing close to 8".
I find making the enclosures so much fun, tho prefer arboreal vertical ones then terrestrial which give you less options I feel.

Attachments

Blackout14

Arachnoknight
If people are generally trying to make their enclosures resemble natural settings, I don't understand why so many people ignore the floor of the setups. I've seen elaborate setups with cork and plants and vines, but the soil is left alone. Walk through anywhere in nature where spiders appear, and you'll see leaf litter, twigs, moss, etc on the ground. It's very easy to create that look in an enclosure, yet many people overlook the detail. Ruins the entire setup in my opinion as it looses it's authenticity...
Because in ten minutes any leaf litter I put in there is buried anyhow they make it look more natural by digging and webbing :)

raggamuffin415

Arachnosquire
With burrowers, obligate or even opportunistic, then yes that can be an issue, but arboreals not as much. Providing hides often helps prevent too much rearranging in my experience.Vertical cork rounds usually get excavated by my poecs and psalmoeps, but it's easy to remove the webbed dirt clods they toss out lol.

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
Ephebopus uatuman 4x8x12 with 8"+ of substrate.
The 2.5-3" juveniles have already burrowed to the opposite bottom corner. from a 3.5" starter hole, they have used almost all of the moss and leaves to make the turret mounds.

2016-06-09 17.01.15.jpg 2016-06-24 13.13.26.jpg 2016-06-24 13.12.33.jpg 2016-06-24 13.11.54.jpg

RMJ

Arachnosquire
Looks nice but I would be careful with those lights especially inside the cage they can get really hot I'd be afraid of the t burning itself if it touched it let alone maybe drying out the enclosure. But it looks very nice :)
@Blackout14 Both lights are LED and give off no heat :) I set up and tested the enclosed for a good 2 weeks before placing the T in. Thank you for the heads up anyway!

Karla

Arachnopeon
My Phlogius crassipes (Australian T) is in a huge tank with 2 levels, in the wild her burrow can be 1-2 metres (3-6 foot) deep so I like to give her lots of room to move, she takes the substrate from the top level and builds tunnels on the lower level, I can still see her from the false bottom. I must remember to upload a picture. She comes out when shedding to get some water from her dish, she is tropical so I keep the humidity high in the tank with daily sprays of water and a good warm room temperature all year round. Charlotte is 5 this year and loves crickets the most.

JayWebb

Arachnopeon
actinic light.
this was built for about 10 dollars.
1 10 watt royal blue led (440-460 nm)
3 scraps of plexi
solder to led
solder in battery harness
voila. this is my first attempt. led were procured of ebay.

Attachments

RMJ

Arachnosquire
You should make a build thread for something like this, very nice indeed.
Thank you, I am noting the positive comments on my bioactive vivariums!:)

I must not take all the glory! as it is a friend that builds these glass vivs for his business, I just help plant my own and set them how I want. I would do a big post with pics of all my vivs for people to see but dont know the rules on pretty much advertising my friends services.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Thank you, I am noting the positive comments on my bioactive vivariums!:)

I must not take all the glory! as it is a friend that builds these glass vivs for his business, I just help plant my own and set them how I want. I would do a big post with pics of all my vivs for people to see but dont know the rules on pretty much advertising my friends services.
There's nothing wrong with taking pics of your vivs and posting. If however you are taking pics and then dropping a link to his/her site, might be an issue. Just put in the text PM me to learn the company who made them.