Enclosure/Terrarium Pictures

smof

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Nick1218, that is the most ridiculous tarantula display I've ever seen. I love it :D

BasementJungle

Arachnopeon
My enclosure

This is a 120 gallon aquarium with 40 gallons of water and an upside down 55 gallon aquarium to add height for plants. The tank was originally intended for plants, fish and amphibians, then I added my giant diving beetle, now various large spiders from my basement have made the 85 degree humid enclosure their home and nesting sight, some within inches of the 250 watt heat bulb.

I cant seem to get the pic to work heres a link
http://image61.webshots.com/61/9/9/47/2509909470075195083zAZkCm_ph.jpg

jeeeze if that doesnt work....
Go to this_http://image61.webshots.com/61/9/9/47/2509909470075195083zAZkCm_ph.jpg

Last edited:

moricollins

Arachno search engine
Old Timer
Cyriocosmus elegans sub adult:

Cyriocosmus elegans sling: (they are tunnellers as slings):

Xenesthis intermedia:

Avicularia laeta juvenile:

Cyclosternum fasciatum:

Holothele incei:

dymndgyrl

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Antique (late 1800's) 5 gal. aquarium with gothic decor and G. Rosea. 80/20 vermiculite/peat. She has since dug out a nice webby nest behind the pot and never leaves .. .. pet rock indeed.

View attachment 53361

Last edited:

fangsalot

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
kitty_b said:
OMG THAT ROCKS!!! if i didn't have over 20 T's, i'd make a cage like that for every single one of them. :clap:
my thoughts exactly!!!

Fullstop

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Here is the vial I used for my Versi before he had a really bad molt:

Just used peat for the sub, and cut apart some reptivine and hotglued them how I wanted. The top (not shown) I cut a square out, and hot glued mesh cut from a silent practice drum head.

bananaman

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Avicularia avicularia... Sterilite box on its side with holes melted on sides and top... a bit of peat moss, to water containers for humidity and a log I got at the river... and coconut shell on the side hoping it will web there...

Steven

pede-a-holic
Old Timer
seems like i NEVER post in the T section around here,...
gotta start someday :)

Spideyman

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
hey bananaman,can i have details of how you did the enclosure?like the door, etc etc...

bananaman

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Spideyman said:
hey bananaman,can i have details of how you did the enclosure?like the door, etc etc...
I cut the cover at one third with a pair of strong scissors (first mark the straight line)... so the bottom part (the 1/3) i glued to the sterilite box... that is the one that goes on the bottom, using hot glue i sealed it, and prevent water, dirt or whatever from escaping...

Then the top part i temporarily used tape, to hang it from the top...but then I used hot glue and put some velcro on it...and some on the top of the box (the top is actually the side, but im assuming you are looking at it standing on its side)... so to open the enclosure you flip open the top 2/3 of the cover...

I took an ice pick, heated it with fire from the stove, and melted holes on the top and the sides of the enclosure (not the front)...

I also removed the coconut hide, didnt like it...i put some plastic plants in there, looks much nicer...

Thats it... I hope i made myself clear :eek:

Cost:
Sterilite container: 3 dlls
Log: Free
Fake plants: 1 dollar
Hot glue: Practically free
Velcro: 2 dlls

Total: 6dlls :)
Cheapest avic enclosure ever! And it looks quite nice... just be sure to melt the holes evenly...follow a pattern...

Later!

Nate

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Steven your display setup is AWSOME!

:worship: :worship: :worship:

Can you give some info on your lighting system?
Does it provide any warmth?

Ryan C.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
H. lividum housing

Enclosure for my .75" H. lividum

Sorry for the bad quality,
Ryan