Enclosure/Terrarium Pictures

Cerbera

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Arboreal Adult / Sub-adult tanks (custom)

2 Adapted aquarium tanks, designed for P.irminia, and A.versicolor sub-adults. Double locking, dual entrance. Tank height aprox 45 cm.

Both tanks from the front, showing entrances / locks

Rear of tank 2 showing meshing, and magnetic strip for heatpad...

Reinforced meshing for non chew-through action...

Top down, showing front catches on tank 1, magnetic strip cover holders, and lower slide-out-able substrate / water bowl tray...

lilhildy

Arachnopeon
Avic enclosure

Well after that tank I almost don't want to post mine. WELL DONE Cerbera!!!! :clap: Well here is my 1.25" A. Avicularia tank. Made it from a cotton ball container I found at BedBath&Beyond. (Who says shopping with your girlfriend is a bad thing; I found this great new tank for my T's);P

Last edited:

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
those tanks are nice cereba.u built them yourself?they look pro:D

Cerbera

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
syndicate said:
those tanks are nice cereba.u built them yourself?they look pro:D
Started out with bog standard aquariums, and then went a bit nuts with the plexi, building various panels and sliding bits. Lots of drilling. Did take quite a long time, and if you'd seen the amount of cock-ups I made along the way, you'd know there was nothing 'pro' about it ! :) thanks for the comments tho...

aerodyke

Arachnopeon
Some of my enclosure pictures

This is the enclosure my baby lasiodora parahybana is in for the moment..I got a molt this morning when I woke up from him/her

and the 2nd one is my Aphonopelma seemanni enclosure

the 3rd one is my phormictopus cancerides enclosure

I have 8 more so there will be more pictures soon

Attachments

kitty_b

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
got these 1 gallon rubbermaid jars at walmart. still need to put in the potting soil. it's temporary housing for two mature male a. avics coming to woo my girl, so i'm refraining from hot-gluing the sticks or water dishes (because it will only make it harder to catch them).

great thing is that i can use it in the future for raising more arboreals. :D i still prefer putting my "keepers" in glass aquariums.

bananaman

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
very nice! i dont use substrate in my avic's enclosure... just large water dishes on the bottom for humidity... its not like they ever use the substrate and it could lead to mites plus the crickets like to burrow in it... just a thought... later :)

owcarnia

Arachnopeon
Goliath could you post some more pics of your terrariums ? They're totally awesome. Especially the way plants are attached. What species of plants are there ?

Last edited:

Maikardaaion

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My newest project terrarium for the subterrain tarantulas.

From the side it looks quite typical - 35x25cm

From the above 10 x 25.

After removing the cover:

And the hole of the inhabitant :)

Now the whole strange thing about this enclosure. The terra is C shaped. There is a top and bottom chamber. The bottom chamber has a removable glass lid. One can manipulate and do what ever wanted inside the spider chamber (for ex. one can take the cocoon form the female - just like that :).

And the resident of the enclosure after the lid removed - female Ornithoctonus aureotibialis

The terrarium can come in different sizes - this one is for smaller species.

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
that is a really nice tank!i need to start making some.is that mostly just glued glass together?

A.J. Disc

Arachnopeon
Q. Is the burrow self made, spider made, or a little of both? Do you have to keep the exposed side, and bottom, c part, shaded form lite?

Maikardaaion

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
is that mostly just glued glass together?
It's all glued glass - aquarium silicone to be exact. Only the lids are loose - I'm trying to think of some kind of lock.

Is the burrow self made, spider made, or a little of both? Do you have to keep the exposed side, and bottom, c part, shaded form lite?
The burrow is semi spider made :) I made the begining of the tunnel using the water system pipe :) The rest, including the underground chamber is purely spidermade ;).
At the moment the terrariums are in the dark room for spiders to accomodate to the new enclosures. When I will move them to the dedicated place I surely will make a shade or something similar.