Enclosure/Terrarium Pictures

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
Booyaka, I'm curious how deep the substrate is in your Pterinochilus tanks? It doesn't look very deep for burrowers, which those species are. Especially P. chordatus and P. lugardi. Nice job on the decorations though!:clap: They would be fantastic arboreal cages.

BooYaKa

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Yes, there's a litlle lack of substrate, but when I'll have all decorations I wanted, then I make them conditions like in heaven :)

ACR

Arachnopeon
hi my friends..

gigus, jw73 thanks for your comments :worship:

add some pictures to show them as goes remaining the terrarium

Gigas

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Very nice tank, where has the avic put its web tube? has it made a web tube?

ACR

Arachnopeon
Hi...

It began to build its web in the upper part of the trunk with holes, between the trunk and the wall, but even it does not finish {D

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
nice tanks man.it seems like all u guys in europe have access to more random aquariums.or u all just build them haha

Cerbera

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Acr

Hey ACR - your tank looks phenomenal, may I say, but whats the situation on ventilation ? I notice your tank is 100% humidity, a condition which has been known to kill some avics (from search of previous threads). Also its mostly glass, so not easy to drill into - how much airflow does that tank get ? The avic doesn't look like it's having problems, but i'm curious...

I also note, with a small smile to myself that the humdidty guage on the wall of the tank is showing 60% or something, when there is water dripping off the walls ! Unless its a thermometer of course...

Not a criticism necessarily, and the conditions in the (excellent) photo may not be the typical, so I may be banging on about nothing (again).

Cheers

Jay

Tegenaria

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Terrestrial/burrowing

Simple microwave containers, stacked.
Top - Tegenaria sp(possibly domestica) female.(arboreal?)

Bottom - Chilean Rose sling-Burrowing/Terrestrial

Side view:

Substrate vermiculite plus sphagnum moss with G rosea.

Gigas

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Looks veeeery damp, too damp for a rosea, no misting at all with this species, bone dry substrate with a small water dish.

I have a friend whos been studying tegenairia, he says that gigantea have more arboreal tendencies

ACR

Arachnopeon
hi Cerbera....

I thank your comments :worship:

The terrarium have a complete wall with netting metallica and it serves also as entrance, the humidity oscillates between 70%, temp 28°C (82°F), my avic seems that feels happy thus.

i show you a picture in a before setup

Cerbera

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well that would be that question answered ! Awesome, awesome tank, dude..

Flogger

Arachnopeon
Got a few new terrariums this weekend and a bunch of new spiders, so naturally I made a whole new setup.

So let's try to explain what's in there.
Tall one on the left: Nepila senegalensis
The one right of that one: Haplopelma hainanum
The three tiny ones: Porrhothele antipodiana
Right of that: Haplopelma schmidti GCF
Three jars on the left: Haplopelma lividum
Next two jars: Haplopelma albostriatum
Last jar: Haplopelma minax
Below that: Haplopelma lividum DCF
Left of that: Haplopelma lividum