Enclosure/Terrarium Pictures

melijoc

Arachnopeon
1 gallon glass jar centipede display enclosures. escape proof . six bucks.!!!!!!

2013-09-07 23.03.16.jpg each cost six bucks 2013-09-07 23.04.27.jpg with aquarium plant 2013-09-07 23.06.22.jpg claypot hiding spot with the subsnipes inside sleeping

SCTarantula

Arachnopeon
10 Gallon T. Stirmi Enclosure

10 gallon with DIY top with vents. Eco Earth substrate. 8 inch hide with real moss and potted plant in substrate.

T. Stirmi Enclosure.jpg

sanni

Arachnopeon
Updated my B. smithis enclosure to use the full size of the 30cmx 30cm. Up till now it was devided to be about 15cm x 30cm. She does not like it yeat since obviously the substrate is a bit moist still. So shes up on the wall in the top right. Hope she settles in in a day or so. First time putting a live plant in the with her so will see how that works out too. Sorry the lighting as not great in the photo.

IMG_20131110_130107.jpg

2g33k4u

Arachnopeon
My versi color does the same thing poops all over the front doors of my Exo drives me crazy.

Scuttlebutt

Arachnosquire
I recently moved my A. versicolor into her adult enclosure. I think it turned out pretty nice. The plants I got from Michaels for a total of around $2.50 and everything else (except for the exo terra of course) I either had laying around or scrounged from the woods. She loves to explore the whole thing but always ends up back in that cork hammock I fashioned for her and is committed to streaking the whole front door with poop :sarcasm:

20131124_233913.jpg

PharmGirl

Arachnopeon
I hate exo terras because they have so much black surfaces :)
I completely agree! I dream of having a display wall in our living room with 13 COMPLETELY clear tanks of various shapes and sizes...surrounded by plants and beautiful lighting. I just need to finish the living room remodel first! :/

On a side note - does it bother anyone else when you see a perfectly natural-looking enclosure...with a lid of some sort for a water dish??? I so want to send these people stone dishes!!! Is there a reason people seem to prefer the lid vs stone...something I'm missing?

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Is there a reason people seem to prefer the lid vs stone...something I'm missing?
Yes some people have a lot of Ts, and that's not practical. Also some T homes are great but a tiny natural looking "stone" dish be it resin or stone really doesn't exist. I find more small lids or pill containers etc that are deeper - thus hold more water- than I do natural looking bowls that hold the same amount of water. Most small pet bowls for exotics tend to be very shallow

And cost, pet bowls aren't cheap compared to lids etc

Bender

Arachnopeon
Yes some people have a lot of Ts, and that's not practical. Also some T homes are great but a tiny natural looking "stone" dish be it resin or stone really doesn't exist. I find more small lids or pill containers etc that are deeper - thus hold more water- than I do natural looking bowls that hold the same amount of water. Most small pet bowls for exotics tend to be very shallow

And cost, pet bowls aren't cheap compared to lids etc
That and maybe the lids are lighter.....I know Ill be using a lid so I can pick it up with tweezers.....instead of trying to manipulate a stone/ceramic dish with tweezers ; )

PharmGirl

Arachnopeon
That and maybe the lids are lighter.....I know Ill be using a lid so I can pick it up with tweezers.....instead of trying to manipulate a stone/ceramic dish with tweezers ; )
I hadn't thought of the weight factor...I guess it has never come up since both of my spideys have been friendly enough that I never had to worry about reaching my hand in! But I'm glad I asked because I plan to up the ante in the fairly near future and I likely will need to be using tweezers! Thanks!

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I hadn't thought of the weight factor...I guess it has never come up since both of my spideys have been friendly enough that I never had to worry about reaching my hand in! But I'm glad I asked because I plan to up the ante in the fairly near future and I likely will need to be using tweezers! Thanks!
Yes wild animals that tolerate human intrusion into their homes make things MUCH easier :D

Upping the ante hmm what are you going to get?

PharmGirl

Arachnopeon
Yes wild animals that tolerate human intrusion into their homes make things MUCH easier :D

Upping the ante hmm what are you going to get?

If only I knew the answer to that question! I will likely try to find a show or expo (with iPad in tow for research!) and see what strikes my fancy...I really don't trust mail order. It would be nice if there were some sort of scale or guideline to follow with increasing difficulty until I have all 13 I dream of...including at least 1 nasty, ornery, S.O.B...I think I'll hide my diamond jewelry in his enclosure! ;)

Webdrop

Arachnopeon
Linothele and Holothele terrariums

web01.jpg Linothele suitable for terrariums in the form of cylinders and craters with a diameter of up to 2 meters, humidity through drip irrigation and spraying cobwebs with LED backlight, two species of ants, passionflower, peas and beans, rotten leaves, worms, mites, fungi and bacteria.

For a family of social spiders Holothele used incubator for premature infants without live plants, coco substrate, first floor incubator for cockroaches and crickets.
web2.0.jpg