Enclosure/Terrarium Pictures

Miehrano

Arachnopeon
M. balfouri

i originaly intended to use this for M. balfouri, i am aware it might be to little substrate in there. But regardless of waht anyone else says, i will try, its set up for one female, and the ability for young ones to find homes later. and when they reach a good size, i will remove them and allow new slings to make homes.
If it does not work i will cancel it all, and instead introduce H. incei instead. they have no imediate need to burrow, as they are going to cover everything in web anyways. Same thing with M. balfouri, if they feel they dont have enoguht substrate to make them happy, they make web tunnels to compensate.

http://i.imgur.com/YEyK8SR.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/m9K8n2c.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/RGA3AV0.jpg

vespers

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Also some T homes are great but a tiny natural looking "stone" dish be it resin or stone really doesn't exist. I find more small lids or pill containers etc that are deeper - thus hold more water- than I do natural looking bowls that hold the same amount of water. Most small pet bowls for exotics tend to be very shallow
Exo terra now make an X-small resin/faux stone water dish that's between 2 and 2.5 inches in diameter, and is still about an inch deep. There are little stone dishes at my local Petsmart as well that are of comparable size in the hermit crab section, that are only 99 cents each.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Exo terra now make an X-small resin/faux stone water dish that's between 2 and 2.5 inches in diameter, and is still about an inch deep. There are little stone dishes at my local Petsmart as well that are of comparable size in the hermit crab section, that are only 99 cents each.
Yep I've seen that XS a months ago. I don't like that size for some reason.

I meant really tiny, like bottle cap or slightly larger sized.

I may not know they sold brick moss, but I def know their cage and bowl lineup ;)

Redthirteen

Arachnopeon
Rehoused my juvenile spiders in Exo Terra terrariums

Here's my OBT. Notice the vertical lair, looks pretty cool.

SAM_7396.jpg

SAM_7405.jpg

SAM_7400.jpg

SAM_7403.jpg

Redthirteen

Arachnopeon

Here's my B. boehmei's desert themed terrarium

SAM_7391.jpg

SAM_7393.jpg

SAM_7394.jpg

Redthirteen

Arachnopeon

Here's my A.genic, although it's barricaded in the rock hide :biggrin:
SAM_7407.jpg

P.irminia hiding away
SAM_7390.jpg

H.maculata who's also keeping a low profile lol
SAM_7389.jpg

sweetypie

Arachnoknight
Front access under $15 (small of 3 sizes, pictured w/ species in them).
There are 3 colors, and 3 sizes, Blue, Black and a 3rd color called Turquoise.

Walmart had them, but the lids were all stolen as an employee noted they are always missing.
Home depot had the small and medium for a few bucks more thankfully.
The small size set up with the LP and Theraphosa in it is noted
to be 19.51 x 17.51 x 11.58, where as the large is noted to be 22 1/16" x 17 1/2" x 15 1/8".
The large is still under $20 in most cases.

The holes that the door swings on has a small area to keep attention to.
Get creative for the area w/ grommets, pebbles or whatever if needed.
This Rubbermaid tub should be somewhat adult Dubia proof but has it's limitations.
Adult dubia are fed one at a time personally, unless the species is in a better sealed tank.
If they don't get eaten, take them out if necessary.

Enjoy, and have at it. :?

budget front access by LandedInMyEye, on Flickr

Budget enclosures. by LandedInMyEye, on Flickr

front access under $15 by LandedInMyEye, on Flickr

Theraphosa 0.1.0 by LandedInMyEye, on Flickr

LP 0.1.0 by LandedInMyEye, on Flickr

top/side acess by LandedInMyEye, on Flickr

Kat Fenix

Arachnosquire
My tarantulas right now. Left to right: A. avic, OBT, P. regalis, P. irminia, and in the background, there's a Vietnamese Giant Centipede. [behind the A. avic enclosure]

A. avic was my first vertical conversion so the door is a little shabby but it works!
IMG_6562.jpg

_MG_6565.jpg

and earlier today when I finished the top three in better lighting.

Brain Zapped

Arachnopeon
@ Kat -I always like the little display box setups, but I had to respond seeing the Kantus. Then upon further inspection I see the awesome names of your Ts!! Any links to close-up shots of the P. irminia?

Last edited:

Morphine04

Arachnopeon
My setup was designed to fit in with her indoors, I was not allowed all perspex or just glass (said the boss :D ). I built them about 8 years ago but have modified them slightly since. There are two vivs per unit (bolted together for removal).

The arboreal setup has a resin backdrop made by casting stonework, the top two backdrops are styrene, filler, painted with non-toxic paints then yaught varnished to seal them, I used this for the insides to waterproof and prevent the wood bubbling too. The acrylic is siliconed also. I usually use virmiculite but used a percentage of virmiculite/moss and stones right at the bottom for asthetic reasons. Also recently just dampened them before drying them out.

AlyssaPearl

Arachnopeon
Small display "cubes" - purchased at an arts and crafts store such as Michael's.

Some have 100% peat moss substrate, some have 60/40 peat moss / vermaculite substrate (recommended), small piece of cork bark, and/or small flowerpot hide.

This is EXACTLY what I have been looking for and I would have NEVER thought of going to craft store. Thanks for saving me about 130.00 on shipping. Lol. You're a life saver!

gidzotic

Arachnopeon
hello sir, i love the enclosure, but just wanna ask that is it safe to use rocks in there, because i really wanted to have them in my enclosures to add a naturalistic look but on other when i asked them they told me it's not advisable...what's your say on that? thank you.

RodillasRojas

Arachnopeon
B. smithi sling enclosure. You can see it's rump in the 3rd plant from the left.

8oz mason jar with a sprouting screen. Tiny artificial plants from on Etsy, small bat skull from eBay.

photo 1 (2).JPG

photo 2 (2).JPG

photo 3 (2).JPG