Dream insect/invertebrate/arthropod?

Lambda Tau

Arachnopeon
I would have loved Labidura herculeana, but of course that's impossible, so I'll settle for any giant earwig.

DARAPTOR

Arachnopeon
A metallyticus splendidus(iridescent bark mantis) would be nice, a titaneus giganticus(titan beetle)would also be cool.

MrGhostMantis

Arachnoprince
I would agree with both but my eyes are on the dragon mantis. Can’t quite remember the scientific name but it is the rarest mantis in the WORLD. They get up to 8”!

Joopes

Arachnopeon
@SonsofArachne, I am currently pursuing the permits along with @The Mantis Menagerie to keep these. As he said above, it may not be as complicated or difficult as previously thought to have an acceptable containment facility. For now, all I can do is hope that it works out. If it does, maybe more enthusiasts will pursue the necessary permits and exotic species can finally come to the US...legally.

Thanks,

Arthroverts
What ended up happening?

goliathusdavid

Arachnobaron

isopodgeek

Arachnosquire
My dream inverts I wish to keep arr the following:
Cubaris sp. “Lemon Blue” Isopods sp. Thai, Porcellio Hassi ‘high yellow’ , Porcelio Expansus ‘orange’, Porcelio Oranatus ‘yellow’ and porcelio sp. ‘morraco’.

Can’t keep any of these as they need a containment facility. For Cubaris sp., it is unsure if they are legally allowed in the U.S. as they haven’t been identified to the species level(except for Cubaris murina).

CanebrakeRattlesnake

Arachnosquire
I'd love to completely redo my basement to be waterproof, flood it, and fill it with Bathynomus sp.

Or be able to keep a Birgus latro, those are neat too.

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
I would agree with both but my eyes are on the dragon mantis. Can’t quite remember the scientific name but it is the rarest mantis in the WORLD. They get up to 8”!
I believe it is Toxodera spp. There are some for sale in the US apparently right now for $1000 a pop each.......😬

MrGhostMantis

Arachnoprince
I believe it is Toxodera spp. There are some for sale in the US apparently right now for $1000 a pop each.......😬
Yeah, it’s been a while since I said that haha...

Stenophylla spp. Are technically a dragon too. The 1k a pop I’m guessing is USMantis, huge scammers in the hobby. MantidKingdom had them for sale like a year back for $100.

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
Yeah, it’s been a while since I said that haha...

Stenophylla spp. Are technically a dragon too. The 1k a pop I’m guessing is USMantis, huge scammers in the hobby. MantidKingdom had them for sale like a year back for $100.
Yeah theres them too!! And yup it was them...... and yeah I saw that and thought shame on them for charging $1000 a pop, not even a pair lol. I literally cant imagine people shelling out that kind of cash for a mantid.....

MrGhostMantis

Arachnoprince
Yeah theres them too!! And yup it was them...... and yeah I saw that and that shame on them for charging $1000 a pop, not even a pair lol. I literally cant imagine people shelling out that kind of cash for a mantid.....
I can’t imagine people going for most of their prices. I’m more focused on a realer dream insect now: Metallyticus splendidus. A few people have some colonies of them so them blowing up in the hobby in the near future is very likely.

CanebrakeRattlesnake

Arachnosquire
Yeah theres them too!! And yup it was them...... and yeah I saw that and thought shame on them for charging $1000 a pop, not even a pair lol. I literally cant imagine people shelling out that kind of cash for a mantid.....
For 1k that mantis better be able to file my taxes, do my laundry and walk my dogs :anxious: