Do you look like a spider person???

Charlottesweb17

Arachnopeon
I am a nurse and I am sure I don't look like a spider person to most people. When my son tells his friends that I keep tarantulas I get that "really?" look.

Nanchantress

ArachnoFriend
Old Timer
I'm a 50 year old female healthcare professional who wears mom jeans, t-shirts and crocs in my downtime. No makeup, thick glasses, simple nondescript hairstyle (often in a ponytail), with a colorful tattoo of flowers and butterflies in full view around my wrist and forearm. Kind of nerdy but did fly to another state just for 1 night specifically for a Twenty One Pilots concert, so pretty hip musical tastes too. People are usually surprised when they learn I keep tarantulas and roaches.

CyclingSam

Arachnoknight
People are generally shocked when they find out I keep spiders. I am a 5'10" light-weight and I try to look like this whenever possible:
IMG_3071.jpg

tetracerus

Arachnosquire
This was such a fun thread to read (all nine pages yes) :D Maybe I'm just unhealthily curious about what other spider keepers are like because I know so few in person.

More than one coworker has remarked that they'd have never guessed I kept tarantulas. Am a very petite, awkward Asian. My closet is divided between casual preppy / business casual (from my not-so-long-ago east coast college years :rofl:) and company t-shirts. I mostly wear the latter to work because I am a mechanical engineer. Just between you and me, though, I prefer the company of artsy types over that of engineers ;).

nburgmei

Arachnopeon
I've never been accused of looking like a spider person, but I did have someone say they weren't surprised when they found out I am a herpetologist. I'd say I'm pretty standard, normal looking guy. Not tattoos, metal band t-shirts, piercings, or non-standard hair colors. I imagine they were just a good judge of character.

shutout2000

Arachnoknight
Peter Parker looks like a spider guy, well more like a Spiderman. I am a regular guy, 6'1", too fat for what I like, but still athletic enough if you want to try and keep up. I surprise the unknowing when I say I have tarantulas. I love educating people to my hobby (sorry for all of you offended by the term "hobby' as seen in another thread).
I'm offended. You say 6' 1" is normal? If thats the case, at 5' 8" am I a midget? o_O Seriously though, I think 5' 10" is average. Phew, not to far from average. :anxious:

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
Dark hair and blue eyes: such a stunning combination!! I always wished I had icy blue eyes. Infact, I am the only one of my 3 siblings who does not have blue eyes.
Meh, oh well... I have been told by multiple, unrelated strangers that I have "vampire eyes." This must be due to the prominent amber in them. :vamp: (my avatar pic is not a good reference, fyi)
You are a Vampire. :rolleyes:

Walker253

Arachnobaron
I'm offended. You say 6' 1" is normal? If thats the case, at 5' 8" am I a midget? o_O Seriously though, I think 5' 10" is average. Phew, not to far from average. :anxious:
I said I am a regular guy. You changed it to “normal” and focused on the height aspect. Regular guy, meaning I do stupid things and say stupid things. Recognize Bro, lol. I’m well rounded, no pun intended. I have a wide variety of interests. Tarantulas are just some of the things I enjoy.

grumpycow3

Arachnosquire
5 foot something, male teen, not a music person. kind of a history buff (profile pic) dirty blonde, half shaggy, half combed hair. Blue eyes, skinny.
People go REALLY!!!! when i tell people.

Ztesch

Arachnoknight
I'm 31 5'8 165 from the chicagoland area, Go Bears! Anyways I'm into sports and the outdoors and love all animals. I'm pretty open when its comes to music. My favorite being 90' S to early 2000' S rap and all rock music. Lastly I have 2, kids a 1 year old daughter and a 5 year old son.

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
I suppose sometimes I do and sometimes I don't.

See, I definitely look like a spider person in that picture. But in the picture below I'm totally normal looking.

It's in the lipstick. All spider people wear bright lipstick. Just ask @basin79. You should see his lipstick collection. It's right next to his basket tied to a rope, and lotion.