Species Cyriopagopus lividus (a.k.a. Haplopelma lividum)

Deschain

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Botar said:
@ Deschain - They cannot bite at this size for sure... they aren't even feeding yet. As for the size at which they can give a bite, I'm not certain. I would think they would need to be 1.5 inches or so to have mouthparts large enough to bite. I've never been bitten, so I hope to never know for sure.

Botar
I didn't know for sure, and thought that was the case. By the time they are big enough to bite, they should already be seperated right...so then I just have to worry about Momma. :D Thanks again for the info.

harrymaculata

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Deschain said:
Awesome! :clap: There are few things as cool as seeing hundreds of my favorite species in one spot! :worship:

ive just ordered a h.lividium and brachypelma vagan but i know enough about the latter i was just wondering if there is any infomation for looking after these aggressive beauties ive looked after my mates when he has been on holiday but its nothing like owning your own im well excited they come soon.

Schlyne

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Unforunately speaking from personal experience, a 3/4" tarantula can bite you. See http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?t=40967 for the gritty details.

From what I've heard, a bite from a baby rattlesnake can be worse than a bite from an adult. Supposedly the baby doesn't have very good "venom control" as opposed to an adult. I have no idea if the same thing would be true for inverts.

Last edited:

Ralph

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
this is a WC H.lividum.
u know ,China is near the Thailand.so ,there all H.lividum is WC.
so~~
i like this too.

Ralph

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
aaronrefalo said:
congra for the nice T....what is its leg span?...

Aaron
maybe 15Cm up
this H.lividum in Beijing.
i have been see it.

Joe1968

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I'm not sure if its the lightings but thats a very nice cobalt. lovely green tint. good pics. I wish I get to see mine that often.

Ralph

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Anthony said:
Very nice. Do you have any idea how old they are?
ya!
she was moult 3th after bought she.
and Mating with a Male H.lividum in my friend's house.