Avic Versicolor/Peru Purple/ Hybrid Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Then, why would you sell them if so much research is going on? Surely you will have an aweful lot of studying even with a full sac.
Yeah and next thing you know, his next study will be:

What happens when I breed two hybrids?
What happens when I breed a hybrid to a nonhybrid?
What happens when I bread a hybrid and then fry it up in my frydaddy?

OP, it's best just to not breed them. Then you won't have to worry about anything.

Singapore_Blue1

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
you really think that will make much difference?
look, its very Nobel of you to be honest
but its irresponsible that is not very helpful thing to do, even knowing so
here is a possible scenario
You will get lucky in produce bunch of mixed spiderlings
then,
you will give them to the "right" folks you think (many of them)
All people are different, some very responsible and some just dont give a dam
and even sometimes plain simple mistakes happen mislabel, "mystery" spiders, etc, those mut's will be in that category
Am sure water will find cracks to escape trough, its happened before and it will happened again
You cannot vouch for other people in the hobby, folks come and go, all the time
but what we experiment can leave a print in this hobby, sometime not a good one
Anastasia

You have very valid points there...Do you consider yourself trustworthy...Your one of the people that I would consider but I am sure your not interested. The point I am making here is that there are some on this site that have been here a long time and do have the correct intentions.

---------- Post added at 03:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:00 PM ----------

OP, it's best just to not breed them. Then you won't have to worry about anything.
First do you know the future...then quit that speculation.....Whatever I decide to do afterward if this is successful will be carefully thought out and all of the above ideas are just plain dumb...:embarrassed:

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
First do you know the future...then quit that speculation.....Whatever I decide to do afterward if this is successful will be carefully thought out and all of the above ideas are just plain dumb...:embarrassed:
What about all your speculation? Crossbreeding in the first place is just as dumb as the points I made. And someone who is so willing and open about crosbreeding is just as likely to do my above points (except the last of course). I wouldn't put that past anyone who just crossbreeds. But I guess you're right, we're wrong.

And by your logic, my points are just as valid for study.

Lifespan of the offspring of a hybrid, or if they become more or less tolerant of heat and cold, etc....

AbraxasComplex

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Your quite the smart a** aren't you....If you can't see any other reason for study other than just what colors will come from it then you are obviously ignorant.

Yep I'm the most ignorant smart a** you will ever meet... must be all those pretty colours distracting me from gettin learned real good. :rolleyes:

Singapore_Blue1

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
What about all your speculation? Crossbreeding in the first place is just as dumb as the points I made. And someone who is so willing and open about crosbreeding is just as likely to do my above points (except the last of course). I wouldn't put that past anyone who just crossbreeds. But I guess you're right, we're wrong.
What points did you make that I didn't answer? Again your judging what I will or won't do needs to stop....

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
What points did you make that I didn't answer? Again your judging what I will or won't do needs to stop....
I'm not judging anything and I did not say that "you" will or won't, but think about the people you sell them to.

Side note, why did you even start this thread?

LV-426

Arachnobaron
there is always resistance from the staus quo when you wanna push the envelope. I have no problem with the OP doin his experiment as long as he is responsible, he does have to watch out who gets these hybrids. It may be best for the OP to keep a few and destroy the rest.

Singapore_Blue1

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Ok I started this thread because this will be the thread I post all of my information on..Including the video of the breeding....if she lays a sac...which may not even happen...If there are viable offspring...which may not happen...And finally the analysis of the offspring...Now as I said if they are sold they will be sold to only those with intentions of study period. Also it will have to be someone that I trust with this sort of thing.. I may not sell any at all...just depends on how many I would get from the sac...

Anastasia

Arachnoprince
Old Timer

That can take quite of bit of time and work and resources and keeping right data and many many more I didn't even mention
will you do that? or point who will be right person to do such,
then more questions coming
how he will be doing it, and collect information
and will he ever finish any of projects?
or he just will get sick and tired of it (his GF left him or sumthing like dat,
and give all animals away, because he dont give rats ass anymore

You have very valid points there...Do you consider yourself trustworthy...Your one of the people that I would consider but I am sure your not interested. The point I am making here is that there are some on this site that have been here a long time and do have the correct intentions.

---------- Post added at 03:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:00 PM ----------

I do, and as a rule I stay by my word, that is why I think of consequences
what happens if I do such and such
that is thinking ahead, just coming sense

CombiChrist

Arachnopeon
I would certainly be interested in the results. But I agree with Arachnomancer about the destroying of the offspring.

Singapore_Blue1

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Also as a note I am planning on working with a local university on this so I am planning on getting as much help and resources as possible

AbraxasComplex

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Also as a note I am planning on working with a local university on this so I am planning on getting as much help and resources as possible
To stir the pot... I call bullcrap.

You would have mentioned this at the very beginning to justify your experiment if this was the truth. You've already said you were sending most of them to a major supplier:

Thats simple a major dealer that is wanting them strictly for study period...

Last edited by a moderator:

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Oh look, another fool thinking it's a good idea to crossbreed. :wall:

I don't care if you think you're a 'noob' or not...you are acting like one.

Irresponsible? Check.
Name-calling? Check.

If you want to be stupid, keep it to yourself. The responsible members of this site really don't want to read this crap anyway.

Did you know it's possible to keep records of all of this stuff in private? That spares you from everyone on the boards thinking you're an idiot, and it spares the rest of us from confirming it.

The only reason you're posting here is because you want attention. If you were truly doing it for 'research purposes', there would be no reason to broadcast it on a public board.

In case you haven't figured it out yet, I disagree with your decision to try to crossbreed, and I'm disgusted that you're trying to make a profit from it as well.

CAK

Arachnoknight
Old Timer

Irresponsible? Check.
Name-calling? Check.

If you want to be stupid, keep it to yourself. The responsible members of this site really don't want to read this crap anyway.

Did you know it's possible to keep records of all of this stuff in private? That spares you from everyone on the boards thinking you're an idiot, and it spares the rest of us from confirming it.

The only reason you're posting here is because you want attention. If you were truly doing it for 'research purposes', there would be no reason to broadcast it on a public board.

In case you haven't figured it out yet, I disagree with your decision to try to crossbreed, and I'm disgusted that you're trying to make a profit from it as well.
As Kathy quite eloquently put it in xhexdx's singature... I agree with xhexdx!

:D

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer

Irresponsible? Check.
Name-calling? Check.

+1. Also why would a major dealer want them? To study? No. To sell. It's all about money.

satanslilhelper

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
It sounds like someone was bored and wanted some attention so they started this thread. Oh, wait!! That sounds like a troll to me.;P

Anastasia

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally Posted by Singapore_Blue1 View Post
To stir the pot... I call BS.

You would have mentioned this at the very beginning to justify your experiment if this was the truth. You've already said you were sending most of them to a major supplier:
Quote:
Thats simple a major dealer that is wanting them strictly for study period...
Oh no.... there it goes
some new hobbyist end up with Avicularia Sp Tennessee

Status
Not open for further replies.