Any New Additions?

WizardTheSpinoMan

Arachnopeon
Just got a G. Pulchra for Christmas. The lil thing is only an inch and a half. Unfortunately unsexed, but I'm gonna call it a she since I'm optimistic for a female. Also the breeder said that he's leaning towards it being a female. But yea. Already in love with the little gal.
Hope to trade in a Costa Rican Zebra for a GBB soon as well

Arachnophobphile

Arachnoangel
Just got a G. Pulchra for Christmas. The lil thing is only an inch and a half. Unfortunately unsexed, but I'm gonna call it a she since I'm optimistic for a female. Also the breeder said that he's leaning towards it being a female. But yea. Already in love with the little gal.
Hope to trade in a Costa Rican Zebra for a GBB soon as well
The breeder is full of it. They can lean all they want on a sling that size being a female but it's horse 💩 they have no clue.

If you have a stereo microscope or some kind of decent microscope then it's possible to sex at those sizes. Without one, nope you be guessing for quite a while.

However I'm rooting for you that it turns out female. If it doesn't males are long lived with this species so it's still a win.

Last edited:

WizardTheSpinoMan

Arachnopeon
The breeder is full of it. They can lean all they want on a sling that size being a female but it's horse 💩 they have no clue.

If you have a stereo Microsoft or some kind of decent microscope then it's possible to sex at those sizes. Without one, nope you be guessing for quite a while.

However I'm rooting for you that it turns out female. If it doesn't males are long lived with this species so it's still a win.
Yeah it was just a guess. No confirmation yet. But yeah fingers crossed definitely. Always wanted one of these so I'm hoping I get lucky

Arachnophobphile

Arachnoangel
Yeah it was just a guess. No confirmation yet. But yeah fingers crossed definitely. Always wanted one of these so I'm hoping I get lucky
I hope you do too. The G. pulchra I wanted as my first T back when I first got into tarantulas. They were too pricey for me back then and things turned out different.

Problem I have is my want list is bigger than the amount I can actually have.

Westicles

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
My first irminia. I've had my P. cambridgei for s

Absolutely beautiful no doubt, but there's something about my P. cambridgei that takes the cake in regards to most beautiful aboreal! But hey, beauty is in the eye of the beholder!!
I may change my opinion on that once the vittata gets its adult colors! Lol!!

Arachnophobphile

Arachnoangel
My big female P. irminia is one of my favorites. The beautiful jet black with the orange tiger stripe abdomen and orange chevron markings on the legs are striking.

I am very fortunate as mine is always out. She is very chill and instantly retreats with the slightest enclosure disturbance.

I will warn though that it's deceiving. I never get over confident with her. I know damn well if I let my guard down and stick my hand in there she could come flying out and tag me.

Westicles

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
My big female P. irminia is one of my favorites. The beautiful jet black with the orange tiger stripe abdomen and orange chevron markings on the legs are striking.

I am very fortunate as mine is always out. She is very chill and instantly retreats with the slightest enclosure disturbance.

I will warn though that it's deceiving. I never get over confident with her. I know damn well if I let my guard down and stick my hand in there she could come flying out and tag me.
Amen! Same here with my cambridgei. She's always out and about and rarely gives me any trouble, but there's been a time or two where I wished I was wearing a diaper! Lol!!!!