Any New Additions?

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
Update:
Picked up the slings from FedEx Depot this morning minus the A. bicoloratum. That is yet to be shipped by a different dealer.

The Thrixopelma cyaneolum is unresponsive. It appeared dehydrated. I had it upright in New enclosure. Minutes later I found it on it's back. I dripped a few water droplets on it's mouth. I believe it is molting. Keeping temps up high 70's to 80F.

Have to leave for work in 15 minutes. I have someone watching temps for me.

The breeder was made aware promptly. Hoping for the best when I come home tonight. I'm not nor would I give up on this sling. Nor I'm I looking for anything from the breeder. I knew the risk ordering in winter. Time will tell for this little guy. Hope to see that it completed it's molt tonight on return.

View attachment 462729
Sure looks plump enough to molt soon. Maybe just needs to warn up, too. Good luck!

Arachnophobphile

Arachnoangel
Is little one OK?
Unfortunately things do not look good. I got home from work a little while ago and the sling is in same position. It didn't molt or move. Tomorrow might be a better day but if it is still the same all I have left to wait for is the foul odor confirming it died.

It breaks my heart but these things sometimes happens. Shipping is hard on slings winter being the worse. The packing job was very good.

Thanks for asking though.

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
Unfortunately things do not look good. I got home from work a little while ago and the sling is in same position. It didn't molt or move. Tomorrow might be a better day but if it is still the same all I have left to wait for is the foul odor confirming it died.

It breaks my heart but these things sometimes happens. Shipping is hard on slings winter being the worse. The packing job was very good.

Thanks for asking though.
I am sorry 😞 its never easy to loose little ones . Yes unfortunately it is a part of the hobby but still doesn't make it easier... sending love n hugs 🫂

Arachnophobphile

Arachnoangel
I am sorry 😞 its never easy to loose little ones . Yes unfortunately it is a part of the hobby but still doesn't make it easier... sending love n hugs 🫂
Thank you....

It has me pretty down, didn't feel like updating on the sling tonight it just sucks. I still haven't thrown in the towel.

It's not over till it's over so I just wait, all I can do.

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
Thank you....

It has me pretty down, didn't feel like updating on the sling tonight it just sucks. I still haven't thrown in the towel.

It's not over till it's over so I just wait, all I can do.
I would be doing the same! please do not get down, it is an unfortunate thing but you are doing everything you can that shows your a good keeper , and the fact your not just giving in, makes you a great keeper . They couldn't be in better hands.

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
Picked up a little geniculata juvenile today. We've got one in the house already but I wanted one for my collection.
You have house geniculatas?!? I need to check this place out - I only have daddy long legs and black widows! 🤣

Arachnophobphile

Arachnoangel
Well unfortunately the T. cyaneolum not only passed but the G. pulchripes has passed as well.

What a tragedy, first and last time I'll ever order in winter.

At least the two microscopic slings are doing great.

My A. bicoloratum shipped today. Fingers crossed that FedEx doesn't drop kick the box, the buttheads.

Last edited:

Arachnophobphile

Arachnoangel
Another update:
Woke up at 7:50am and ran down to the FedEx hub to pick up the A. bicoloratum, it's literally like 3 to 4 minutes down the road, lucky me.

Rehoused the sling and it is slightly bigger than 1 inch. That's a helluva head start for an Aphonopelma. Gave it a mealworm and have it warming up.

I learned some inside information that I want to share with everyone who has slings shipped. The Memphis Tennessee hub is a main one that most packages go through. That hub is bad so use your imagination.

This video will display what to expect at the Memphis, TN. hub. It's at the end of the video.

20231215_092241.jpg

Last edited:

Woody72

Arachnopeon
This is the juvie B. hamorii I picked up a couple of evenings ago. She's in a rather small enclosure but I have 8 x 8 x 8 Exo Terras arriving for her and another of my juvies tonight:

PXL_20231213_204631310~2.jpg

Arachnophobphile

Arachnoangel
This is the juvie B. hamorii I picked up a couple of evenings ago. She's in a rather small enclosure but I have 8 x 8 x 8 Exo Terras arriving for her and another of my juvies tonight:

View attachment 462941
Stunning looking hamorii

I hate to be the bringer of bad news but the Exo Terra nano 8x8x8 are not a good choice for terrestrial T's. I've had one on the shelf for years as they don't work for them. You can't get enough sub depth for a juvenile.

You can angle the sub going up like a hill in the back but it's still not the best choice.

Maybe only keep it in there temporarily until you get a more suitable enclosure.

Matt W

Arachnopeon
Picked up an adult female Grammostola something-or-other (actaeon? iheringi?) from a collector on Craigslist. She is stunning! I put a quarter next to her here for size comparison:

1702914735135.png

She's been super sweet and docile until I tried to remove that quarter from her enclosure and she attacked with blinding speed and ferocity. "KEEP YOUR DIRTY TONGS OFF OF MY MONEY!"

Arachnophobphile

Arachnoangel
Picked up an adult female Grammostola something-or-other (actaeon? iheringi?) from a collector on Craigslist. She is stunning! I put a quarter next to her here for size comparison:

View attachment 463146

She's been super sweet and docile until I tried to remove that quarter from her enclosure and she attacked with blinding speed and ferocity. "KEEP YOUR DIRTY TONGS OFF OF MY MONEY!"
SCORE!!!!!!! Nice buy either one is a great find. Both have gone up in price and are hard to find.

Hopefully you got it for a decent price.

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +

View attachment 463146

That's not Grammostola iheringi or actaeon - that's Tlitocatl vagans. If it were either of the Grammostola species, it would have a mirror patch. Still a cool T.