Any New Additions?

SpookySpooder

"embiggened"
Arachnosupporter
The second half of my big order arrived today and I am very, very happy altogether!! I will not be getting any new Ts for a long time though 😅 this will put me up to about 70 spiders altogether, majority being slings. I definitely went a little overboard but I know I have the time and means to care for them & have gained a lot of knowledge this past year so I feel prepared.
I am also expecting to receive admonishment from the more seasoned keepers about getting ahead of myself as a still very fresh keeper of barely 1 year, and ready to accept that criticism. I really should have waited much longer between acquiring multiple new (to me) species. I will do my best by them, that is promised!

Anyways, last part of my big spending was for the following:

0.0.2 Nhandu tripepii
0.0.2 Cyriopagopus sp. Hati Hati
0.0.2 Augacephalus ezendami
1.0.0 Davus pentaloris (immature male, because in the distant future this species is what I'd like to attempt to breed as my first breeding experience. But being a young one it will give me more time to focus on these new species I'm keeping as well as make sure I am as prepared as possible to attempt breeding!)

And a mystery package that included:
0.1.0 Phormictopus cancerides (looks like maybe 4+ inches!)
0.1.0 Tliltocatl albopilosus
0.0.2 Nhandu chromatus
0.0.1 Nhandu coloratovillosus
0.0.1 Grammastola pulchripes
0.0.1 Stromatopelma calceatum
0.0.1 Pterinochilus chordatus
Where's the big group photo

Wenzer

Arachnosquire
Where's the big group photo
I can post a picture of the cups as soon as I'm home, might be kind of boring though since most of those are tiny tiny dwarf slings lol, just picked up my 2nd shipment and the drive is about an hour away 😅 stopped to grab a quick breakfast to eat in the car!
I can post a pic of the vials and tubs that came in the box today... But you won't be able to see the spiders lol

Wenzer

Arachnosquire
Fixed it for you.

I am gracious so I will give you time to post your spooders before throwing a tantrum... 😉
The grace period you've given me is wholeheartedly appreciated 😂 I will certainly get some pics once I'm home :) I'm a little bit in love with the Dolichothele mineirum slings I received, so I'll definitely have to get pics for you!

Denn

Dipluridae Enthusiast
Old Timer
The second half of my big order arrived today and I am very, very happy altogether!! I will not be getting any new Ts for a long time though 😅 this will put me up to about 70 spiders altogether, majority being slings. I definitely went a little overboard but I know I have the time and means to care for them & have gained a lot of knowledge this past year so I feel prepared.
I am also expecting to receive admonishment from the more seasoned keepers about getting ahead of myself as a still very fresh keeper of barely 1 year, and ready to accept that criticism. I really should have waited much longer between acquiring multiple new (to me) species. I will do my best by them, that is promised!

Anyways, last part of my big spending was for the following:

0.0.2 Nhandu tripepii
0.0.2 Cyriopagopus sp. Hati Hati
0.0.2 Augacephalus ezendami
1.0.0 Davus pentaloris (immature male, because in the distant future this species is what I'd like to attempt to breed as my first breeding experience. But being a young one it will give me more time to focus on these new species I'm keeping as well as make sure I am as prepared as possible to attempt breeding!)

And a mystery package that included:
0.1.0 Phormictopus cancerides (looks like maybe 4+ inches!)
0.1.0 Tliltocatl albopilosus
0.0.2 Nhandu chromatus
0.0.1 Nhandu coloratovillosus
0.0.1 Grammastola pulchripes
0.0.1 Stromatopelma calceatum
0.0.1 Pterinochilus chordatus

(Edit to prevent double posting)

Dwarf species are my favorites!! I think you'll like pentaloris, mine are very often visible when not molting, and bold personality for my 2 females :) panama is also on my wishlist haha!
I think I will! it is so stunning, doesn't seem anywhere near as reclusive as my C elegans or K brunnipes. I see you just received a nice collection of T's including a pentaloris, some lairy spiders in the mystery package too :p The S calceautum I used to have would threat pose its own shadow if it had the chance :rofl: fun times ahead!

Wenzer

Arachnosquire
I think I will! it is so stunning, doesn't seem anywhere near as reclusive as my C elegans or K brunnipes. I see you just received a nice collection of T's including a pentaloris, some lairy spiders in the mystery package too :p The S calceautum I used to have would threat pose its own shadow if it had the chance :rofl: fun times ahead!
They really are gorgeous little tiger strip spiders! I have 2 that turned out female already, and I had already considered if they were what I wanted to attempt as my first breeding, so was kind of hoping the 2nd would turn out male haha. Ah well, I guess that just means I have two females when the time comes in case one isn't receptive :) I probably won't try to breed/raise 2 sacs at once .. one sac will probably be about all I could handle at one time!

I have a K. brunnipes too but haven't had C. elegant yet, definitely one I'd love to own in the future though! And H. formosus, kinda feels like those two are 'mandatory' if you keep dwarf species 😅

Honestly despite having 2 Poecilotheria species already, I feel a bit more wary about the S. calceatum. I think since they're known to be more flighty and skittish, maybe? My Poecilotheria Ts are actually pretty calm now that they're settled in.

I'll get back to this thread in a little while, going to drive home now, pictures to come soon 😁

Denn

Dipluridae Enthusiast
Old Timer
They really are gorgeous little tiger strip spiders! I have 2 that turned out female already, and I had already considered if they were what I wanted to attempt as my first breeding, so was kind of hoping the 2nd would turn out male haha. Ah well, I guess that just means I have two females when the time comes in case one isn't receptive :) I probably won't try to breed/raise 2 sacs at once .. one sac will probably be about all I could handle at one time!

I have a K. brunnipes too but haven't had C. elegant yet, definitely one I'd love to own in the future though! And H. formosus, kinda feels like those two are 'mandatory' if you keep dwarf species 😅

Honestly despite having 2 Poecilotheria species already, I feel a bit more wary about the S. calceatum. I think since they're known to be more flighty and skittish, maybe? My Poecilotheria Ts are actually pretty calm now that they're settled in.

I'll get back to this thread in a little while, going to drive home now, pictures to come soon 😁
They really are! I hope you eventually get a successful breeding project going for this T, I'm sure the minute slings are adorable.

My C elegans I've had for nearly 3 years now, and this photo I will attach below is generally the scope of what you see for 95% of the year. It is confirmed female and has a glacial like growth rate. I dug it up once just to see how it was doing, probably around a year and a half after I got it, it was fine, plump abdomen, I then ascertained this would just be the way it goes with this spider, and I've left it be. I will include a photo from when I dug it up. Have only seen it a handful of times since, and even when I do see it, its often just legs poking out of a tiny burrow. My friend keeps one in identical conditions, even using the same clip top pot that I do, and his goes through phases where its exactly like mine, but other times when it has elaborate burrow system with multiple entrances and is on show a lot more. The only difference is his elegans sex is unconfirmed. I'd still buy this T again knowing how reclusive it has been. My K brunnipes behaves exactly like my friends elegans, around half the year its completely sealed away, the rest of the time it has multiple open burrow entrances.

H formosus is certainly on my radar. I want to eventually get a "large" and a regular as slings and see how they grow side by side (obviously separate enclosures).

I too would be a lot more weary of S calceatum than any of the 5 Poecilotheria sp I have owned.

The C elegans set up; aka my #1 pet hole/dirt container.
elegans.jpg

The photo I took after I had dug it up.
elegans 3.JPG

Wenzer

Arachnosquire
They really are! I hope you eventually get a successful breeding project going for this T, I'm sure the minute slings are adorable.

My C elegans I've had for nearly 3 years now, and this photo I will attach below is generally the scope of what you see for 95% of the year. It is confirmed female and has a glacial like growth rate. I dug it up once just to see how it was doing, probably around a year and a half after I got it, it was fine, plump abdomen, I then ascertained this would just be the way it goes with this spider, and I've left it be. I will include a photo from when I dug it up. Have only seen it a handful of times since, and even when I do see it, its often just legs poking out of a tiny burrow. My friend keeps one in identical conditions, even using the same clip top pot that I do, and his goes through phases where its exactly like mine, but other times when it has elaborate burrow system with multiple entrances and is on show a lot more. The only difference is his elegans sex is unconfirmed. I'd still buy this T again knowing how reclusive it has been. My K brunnipes behaves exactly like my friends elegans, around half the year its completely sealed away, the rest of the time it has multiple open burrow entrances.

H formosus is certainly on my radar. I want to eventually get a "large" and a regular as slings and see how they grow side by side (obviously separate enclosures).

I too would be a lot more weary of S calceatum than any of the 5 Poecilotheria sp I have owned.

The C elegans set up; aka my #1 pet hole/dirt container.
View attachment 461310

The photo I took after I had dug it up.
View attachment 461311
What a gorgeous little lady!!!

I have now returned with some of the requested pictures @SpookySpooder haha. I'll get more of the new spiders soon, unpacking at the moment!

Can I just say how beautiful and big this girl is?! Here's the P. cancerides female easily pushing 5 inches right now; I never really saw the appeal of the big tarantulas personally, but honestly she might be changing my mind, and not even full size yet 😍

Super calm and gentle, too! She actually crawled right out and onto my arm while I was opening the tub she came in. I don't choose to handle but wow, what a sweet girl!

She's sitting in this enclosure temporarily, I need to add more substrate as you can see haha
20231122_121945.jpg
20231122_122616.jpg

Dolicothele mineirum about 0.33 to 0.5 inches:
20231122_121252.jpg

Holothele longipes, think this one already molted and maybe slightly larger than 0.5 inches:
20231122_120947.jpg
20231122_120910.jpg

Heterothele vilosella, about 0.33 inches(?):
20231122_120758.jpg
20231122_120743.jpg

Heterothele gabonensis 0.25 inch sling (I'm not sure why it keeps showing as the full screenshot lol, it's cropped but doesn't load that way for some reason):
Screenshot_20231122-120421_Gallery.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

SpookySpooder

"embiggened"
Arachnosupporter
Great choices and great pictures too!

I am pleased by your pictures so I won't report this back to the secret T keeper society when we have our monthly meeting. 😌

Wenzer

Arachnosquire
Great choices and great pictures too!

I am pleased by your pictures so I won't report this back to the secret T keeper society when we have our monthly meeting. 😌
What a relief 😂 also just noticed I labelled the Dolichothele as diamantinensis, but that one is mineirum!

Edit: a couple more pics, the first is N. tripepii and second is N. coloratovillosus :)

20231122_124717.jpg
20231122_134453.jpg

Last edited:

fcat

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
Forgive me, I have sinned
PXL_20231125_012002249.jpg

In my defense, one of the employees commented that he hadn't seen me in months. I try to make appearances to maintain relationships with the employees, even if I don't agree with the owner/practices since it's the employees that take care of the tarantulas. I haven't bought one from this store since my 5th tarantula, this is 109. Who knows if it's really an anax, it's hungry though.

Are these not the chelicerae of a happy tarantula??? Do the ends justify the means??? I broke all the rules. I am sorry...

PXL_20231125_022748222.jpg

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
man, i have been looking for Neoholothele fasciaaurinigra on all the expos i have been to and never found someone selling them, i am jelous!

Though today i did treat myself to some other fascinating organisms i had my eyes on to quickly get over the disappointment XD

Scolopendra dehaani "red leg"
View attachment 460300

& something special, only the planty friends will fully appreciate:
Pachypodium brevicaule

i know i know, spiders only sheesch, i will do better next time :troll:
Beautiful centipede!

Marcostaco

Arachnobaron
Ordered 10 Pamphobeteus sp. araña pollito

These will be the last ones I buy, I promise!
What a lie this turned out to be.

Recently got :

2.1.2. Poecilotheria metallica
1.0 Poecilotheria smithi
0.1 Poecilotheria rufilata
0.1.1 Aphonopelma bicoloratum
0.0.2 Hapalotremus hananqheswa
0.0.2 Hapalotremus perezmilesi
0.0.2 Hapalotremus marcapata
0.0.2 Hapalotremus sp. incapirqa

Last edited:

l4nsky

Aspiring Mad Genius
Arachnosupporter +

Recently got :

1.0 Poecilotheria smithi
I must be psychic!
I'm just going to call you on this now and save us both the time in the future :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: .

CrazyOrnithoctonineGuy

Arachnoknight
Not a T, but got one of my dream arthropods (and one of my favourite animals period) in the package today.

True Scolopendra gigantea (Isla Margarita locale). A species I had wanted for over a decade. A bunch of people in the ROK have decided to breed this locale of this species this year, and though I’d thought I’d missed my chance I finally ended up getting a lucky break…

This thing is already the second largest centipede in my collection (my S. sp. "Mahalona"/"Sulawesi Red" is a bit larger, and my recently deceased Ethmostigmus sp. "Mindanao Blue Leg" would have been around this size if it hadn't had a failed molt a couple weeks back), and it's only in its second instar. Pretty sure it's going to quickly become the biggest arthropod in my collection in general rather soon.

Last edited:

Tbone192

Arachnoknight

Recently got :

1.0 Poecilotheria smithi
I can relate, started with 7 tarantulas and said no more. I now have 16 T's, 5 true spiders, and feeders galore. Truly among the most crippling addictions out there lol.

On another note, I just realized today that my Eratigena agrestis is actually just a large Tegenaria domestica but has very nice iridescent blue on the legs. Only noticing when she came out of her funnel to mate, she then had a nice dinner with her mate. Rip spider Chad.
20230922184457_IMG_3872~4.JPG

Note: the only tools I use on pictures in post are adjusting lighting and clarity. I do not mess with contrast or saturation.

Last edited:

Denn

Dipluridae Enthusiast
Old Timer
3 new additions today!

Hogna carolinensis - Carolina Wolf Spider - CB 0.6cm - 0.0.1 - Multiple images as so small was kind of needed.

hc 1.jpg

HC2.jpg

Cyriopagopus lividus - Cobalt Blue - CB 2.5cm - 0.0.1

CB1.jpg

Chilobrachys guangxiensis - Chinese fawn - CB 3cm - 0.0.1 -
This spider was an impulse buy considering I already have Chilobrachys huihini 0.1.2 and they are rather similar, I like Chilobrachys though so why not :p

CG1.jpg

Really happy with the additions. Have wanted another C lividus for a while as my old one which was WC died in 2014, I had her 6 years but who knows how old it was when it passed.