Genus Acanthoscurria

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
I got it with a bunch of other spiders, it was not labeled as anything. I think he thought it was another A. seemani. I am waiting for her to molt so I can send it to Rick West, but I just thought they looked so similar! A. insubtilis would make sense, they are fairly common are they not? I've seen them in pet stores here.

aftershock

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Say hello to one of my favourite tarantulas! She's a big booty gurl and will hopefully produce an eggsack within a a few weeks.

Enjoy!

Fred

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Very Nice A brocklehursti. She has an enormous abdomen. Good luck on the sac

rosehaired1979

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Nice! I am getting one in a few weeks it will be a sling but I been wanting one for a few months now :D

aftershock

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Thank's!!

dkny_stylez: No, not mites, it's water. I sprayed her tank just before I took the pic.

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
rosehaired1979 said:
Nice! I am getting one in a few weeks it will be a sling but I been wanting one for a few months now :D
Kristen, Since I already have A brockelhursti, your's is safe from me (for now) :D

Nice spider Aftershock!! I just got a sling while back and it is growing fast. I should have gotten this species sooner.

Greg Wolfe

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Acanthoscurria brockelhursti

These are gorgeous!! A must have in any collection. Here is mine. :D

aftershock

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Freshly molted female, eating a roach.

Succesfull breedingattempt.

The male becomes food.

After numerous roaches, one male for dinner and her abdomen full off eggs, she's getting pretty fat...

She's beginning make a web for the eggsack.

Here she's laid the eggs.

Eight hours later she's finished and the eggsack is ready.

NoS

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Good lord her abdomen was full.
Congrats.

Beccas_824

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I liked the order of the pictures-it told a nice (or not so nice at one point) story of her becoming pregnant and laying the sac. best of luck with it! :)

Socrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Aftershock, how long did it take from the time you mated her until she produced that sac? And did you do anything spectacular or extraordinary to induce her to lay a sac?

She sure looked massive....don't they make pretty large sacs as well, like over 1,000 or so? :)

Best of luck to you and your pretty girl.

---
Wendy
---

Becca

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Fantastic pictures and congrats on the eggsac, hope everything goes well and that you end up with lots of babies {D