Genus Acanthoscurria

stonemantis

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
When I purchased Tiny from Botar he showed me an adult Acanthoscurria geniculata and he demonstrated with an artistbrush and it grabbed it just like it was food :)

stonemantis

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Apocalypstick said:
For some reason, just because you named it "Tiny".... I bet it will be viscious {D
I named it Tiny hoping that it will become quite large. It's already acting like it's the largest spider on the block. It's only 2" and it took down a 3" roach. :cool:

Darwinsdad

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I dont have any pics yet since mine wont be here for a while yet. Thanks for holding him/her Crystal ! I will try to put some up of the little one when it gets here.

ScorpZion

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
very nice t

did you raise that from sling? i have a tiny sling and hopeing it will grow fast, lol i named it pazuzu hehehe after the demon in the exorcist {D

stonemantis

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
ScorpZion said:
did you raise that from sling? i have a tiny sling and hopeing it will grow fast, lol i named it pazuzu hehehe after the demon in the exorcist {D
I raised Tiny from a 1" sling and now its 2.5" after 2 months. If it keeps growing at this rate it will be 8" by this time next year :)

ScorpZion

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
wow 1 inch

mine was shipped .25 of an inch so i think it will take it a year or more to reach an inch?

stonemantis

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
ScorpZion said:
mine was shipped .25 of an inch so i think it will take it a year or more to reach an inch?
As soon as I got mine I started to feed it every other day and it took 1 month and 6 days to molt to it's current size. It started with four small crix every other day now it's a superworm every other day. Since yours is only .25" I would stick with small meal worms or wingless fruitflies.

ScorpZion

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
hard to find

well the wingless fruitflies is hard to do but the meal worms i have, but right now i have ripped off a hind legg to a crick and droped it into the vial last i looked this morning it was on the leg munching, but i was thinking about prekiling a pinhead and drop it in there? what you think i am very excited about this t. i have an adult one on a leaf for my desktop hehehe.

stonemantis

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
ScorpZion said:
well the wingless fruitflies is hard to do but the meal worms i have, but right now i have ripped off a hind legg to a crick and droped it into the vial last i looked this morning it was on the leg munching, but i was thinking about prekiling a pinhead and drop it in there? what you think i am very excited about this t. i have an adult one on a leaf for my desktop hehehe.
I would safely say that you definately like the species :clap:
May it grow large and produce many offspring :)

ScorpZion

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
one more question

should i keep the substrate in the vial very moist because ive read that they suck moisture out of the soil? :wall:

stonemantis

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
ScorpZion said:
should i keep the substrate in the vial very moist because ive read that they suck moisture out of the soil? :wall:
I wouldn't keep it swampy just moist so that mold problems don't happen. Acanthoscurria geniculata slings mainly get their moisture from their food and condensation on the ground or the enclosure :cool:

ScorpZion

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
rgr that

i posted a pic of the little thing in the thread sling help if you wanted to check it out hrehehehe thanks for the advice be easy mang ;P

Jeff_C

ArachnoAddicted
Old Timer
My A genic after her molt last week:

This was one of my first 4 Ts (bought from Swift @ 1/4" on 12/02 ) and now it's around 5".

shogun804

Arachnogeneral
Old Timer
thats a nice photo of a really nice T jeff, i have two right now that are about .25" does this pic bring back any memories :}

Jeff_C

ArachnoAddicted
Old Timer
Yeah, these really guys start small. Here is my very first T picture (same T):

shogun804

Arachnogeneral
Old Timer
wow that penny really brings the size into perspective, it is always cool to see a sling like that, and then be able to look at where it is now. thanks for posting that baby pic :clap:

Mendi

Arachnowolf
Old Timer
Zebra, my A.genic just had himself a molt recently and we celebrated it with a pinky. He wanted to have some ale as well, but since he's not mature enough for that... I gave him a couple crickets instead

Last edited:

WhyTeDraGon

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
looks like he's gnawing on a thumb, lol. Are you missing one? :D
Very beautiful genic you have there. ;)