TOPIC: Scorpion Enclosures

6StringSamurai

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
kissthefuture said:
I'm come from Taiwan.... ^o^ this is my scorp.....;P
Nice set up there. I lived in Hsin Chuang for two years, what part of Taiwan are you in?

1 Emperor:

1 unidentified Centruroides:

JSN

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
damn, some of your enclosures are like like the four seasons for scorps...

JungleGuts

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
well got my scorps, heres the dune scorp setup(seems to like to sit on the arrowhead):

and this is what my asian forest is in only for a day or two till i can get it better set up(soil with a little mulch(i know i gotta change it):

JungleGuts

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
transfer

well i transfered my H. Spinifer out of the crappy plastic thing above^ into this 10g glass tank i found at walmart for $9.00! Ive payed over twice as much for half that size at petstores. Substrate is a little jungle earth with coco-fiber over it. The petstores live plants were dead so i may order something from black jungle. does anyone know if there are any bulbs that are good for a scorpion to fit the light fixture on top?

-dan

ScorpDude

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
JungleGuts said:
well i transfered my H. Spinifer out of the crappy plastic thing above^ into this 10g glass tank i found at walmart for $9.00! Ive payed over twice as much for half that size at petstores. Substrate is a little jungle earth with coco-fiber over it. The petstores live plants were dead so i may order something from black jungle. does anyone know if there are any bulbs that are good for a scorpion to fit the light fixture on top?

-dan
Your best using a heatmat taped to the side of the tank with polystyrene behind it if its not getting warm enough.

RottweilExpress

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Two imperators, 1.1.

Yes, I'm having slight moldproblems, but I'm currently finding a balance between ventilation, temp and humidity. Also, seen in the pic is a Bromelia orchidée, two succulus sp and a Hedera helix.

50*30*40 I'm planning to put a third imp in there. Possibly female.

Last edited:

LoganVivisected

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Emperor tank

Here is the 20 gallon my two emperors have been living in, they seem quite happy with it. All the plants are alive and lowlight heavy moisture plants.
front view

top view

left side with their water and rock hide that the female uses

more centerd view and rock hide

right side of tank, "wetter side" with the males burrow

him comming out of his burrow to check me out while i was taking pictures

and here is just a nice view of the substrate i use,(eco-earth, reptile desert sand,which is a great "cement", and non-fertilized potting soil).

and yes their is a heat rock in their, but dont fret, only gets used when its chilly out and the tanks temp has to stay up.

drapion

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
This is my P.cavimanus enclosure.It houses 1 female

Last edited:

ink_scorpion

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
drapion said:
This is my P.cavimanus enclosure.It houses 1 female
What a beautiful girl. Remember, not quite as much humidity as an emp. Otherwise a very nice enclosure!:clap:

drapion

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
ink_scorpion said:
What a beautiful girl. Remember, not quite as much humidity as an emp. Otherwise a very nice enclosure!:clap:

Thank you,the pic is from when I first made the enclosureso the substate was still moist.But now it has dried out alittle.

Ryan C.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
5gal

5gal tank that houses 1.1.0 P. imperator.

Side

Thanks,
Ryan