Old Timer
Hi Drapion!
your enclosure is good!
She must live happily in your home.

Peter Grabowitz

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
part of my desert collection

some of my Androcthonus (crassicauda, australis and bicolor)
and Parabuthus mossambicensis inspected by Heteropoda Huntsmanspider

alex

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Nice collection Peter! But, don't they got anywhere to hide?

Peter Grabowitz

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
alex said:
Nice collection Peter! But, don't they got anywhere to hide?
noramaly they have pieces of bark and flat stones in their terrarium,
but so nobody can see them

Scorpfanatic

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
was the size of the conatiner you r using for them and no ventilation?? look pretty neat thougH!

Peter Grabowitz

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Scorpfanatic said:
was the size of the conatiner you r using for them and no ventilation?? look pretty neat thougH!
140x350x70mm, as ventilation many wholes, substrat grit/clay, sand or mix of all of them,
some flat stones and as usual pieces of bark.

Last edited:

r8frazer

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
30 Gallon... 30 x 15 x 15" ... Currently Just one Heterometrus Laoticus.. Soon to be more ;)

ScorpDude

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Scorpion corner

Heres "scorpion corner" where all my scorpions are {D

1. Scorpio maurus palmatus
2. Jungle isopods (so they aren't scorpions, what of it?)
3. Definatly another scorpion :liar:
4. Iomachus politus
5. Heterometrus laoticus
6. NZ mantids (they're scorpions... honest)
7. Liocheles australasiae (x4 :D )

Attachments

Crono

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Pandinus cavimanus enclosure

A little large but based on how active the scorp is I am not worried about it not finding food
Dave Mc

ThatGuy

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
kissthefuture said:
I'm come from Taiwan.... ^o^ this is my scorp.....;P

is that some kinda wire mesh between your rocks and substrate ? cuz if it is thats a great idea ! i think i might do that to my 20 gal Emp enclouser. plus i like the whole set up anyway looks great.

dGr8-1

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thanks for the opinion MattM. :) I'm planning to have a glass enclosure customized where H.spinifer and H.arizonensis will be divided by a glass in the middle. you think that's a good idea?

Scorpfanatic

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
hi there, definately not!!!! Hadrurus species are desert species and they require as minimu humidity as possible to their original living enviornment. where else emps need high humidity like more then 80%!!! you cannot keep them in the same tank and expect one side to be wet and one side to be dry.

you will end up witha mycosis infested hadrurus sps or a dried up emp :(

they r both very veey nice species so i suggest get them each nice tank and nice set up :)

best to start with finding out how big is appropriate for each species :)

dGr8-1

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
enclosure Reply for Scorpfanatic

Scorpfanatic said:
hi there, definately not!!!! Hadrurus species are desert species and they require as minimu humidity as possible to their original living enviornment. where else emps need high humidity like more then 80%!!! you cannot keep them in the same tank and expect one side to be wet and one side to be dry.

you will end up witha mycosis infested hadrurus sps or a dried up emp :(

they r both very veey nice species so i suggest get them each nice tank and nice set up :)

best to start with finding out how big is appropriate for each species :)
That's what i was thinking of.... i'm kinda stumped here...
I don't mean to disagree here... i would LOVE to hear what you have to say... :worship:
Presently, I have a B.smithi, A.chalcodes, and a H.spinifer. All of which, in my best knowledge, require a humid environment. Now if all three were to co exist... does that mean my room is high in humidity? I don't have a hygrometer that's the problem. I'v been wanting to ask you guys where you got those round thing-a-ma-jig. Anyway, on to our topic... so, it's not possible for them to co-exist in the same enclosure? even if i don't mist the H.arizonensis side? Am I starting to sound stupid here? :(

Scorpfanatic

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
well its not a very wise idea there. its really much better to have sperate tanks. you will get both scorps unhealthy and the worst is both of them dieing :(

JSN

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
yeah, it would seem to be too complex to try to replicate each species natural environment in the same tank, I mean, just simpilfy it by getting too different enclosures...in all honesty I've never really been a fan of the split enclosure thing...but hey, if your gonna do it, at least do it with species that like similar substrate...thats just my 2 cents on the subject, take it for what its worth...