1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TOPIC: Scorpion Enclosures

Discussion in 'Scorpions' started by skinheaddave, Jul 8, 2004.

1. K3jser

K3jser Arachnobaron

Advertisement
    I got them in Denmark, a friend of mine makes them and sells them, he got a shop allso, they are pretty cheap and good qvality.. so unless you live in denmark dont think they whould be cheaper for you to get :D but i bet there are lots of ppl out there that sells allmost the same..

2. huojin

huojin Arachnopeon

3. Emp set-up

Here is my simple Emperor set up for 1 male scorp.

plastic tank, about 40cm x 30cm.
    8cm deep coco-fiber substrate.
    1x plastic rock hide
    1x shallow water dish
    1x bamboo hide
    1x climbing stick in corner
    1x temp/hydro metre gauge

Temp is usually around 28c. Humidity around 70-80%
    Use a 100w red light for heating

4. Vaughan69

Vaughan69 Arachnosquire

Heres just a few of the new tank i built for my 2 emps, would love to hear what you think guys!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. johnson

johnson Arachnopeon

afs

hi,can someone post a picture of a gravid asian forest scorpion which the yellow spot embryo can be seen...thanks

6. alexi

alexi Arachnobaron

This might be a bad idea cuz of possible drowning, but i really wanted to try it. Got a couple of inches of false bottom, with about a 1 inch deep pool at the end and forest bedding with some frog moss, a coconut hide, and a rock to burrow under. As well as a fake plant to make things interesting. tell me what you think!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Hugo De anda

Hugo De anda Arachnopeon

Imperial Enclosure under progress

Hi guys,
    I want to share with you what is going to be the step-home of a young Emperor (Pandinus Imperator).
    I recognize it´s not the best it could have, but the emp seems pleased somehow and I´ll be giving some improvements to the enclosure from time to time.
    The measures of the 5.5g tank are WxLxH: 20cmx40cmx26cm or 8"x16"x12".
    It always have water available in a not-so-little bowl.
    I recently got the heatmat, which is low quality but does its work.
    I threw the thermometer inside and the scorp is guarding it as its prey so I guess it likes it.
    I just added the small coconut to play hide and seek, but he doesn´t seem to know the rules of this game really. I often play rock,paper,scisor but hes not very good at this one either.
    What you see at the side is an all-you-can-eat gourmet buffet.

Imperial Enclosure RP 1024.jpg

well, this is it, my first post. I promess to be brief next time.

8. frajer29

frajer29 Arachnopeon

Hello. Here are my terrariums for scorpions

First (45x25x25) for male Emperor Scorpion:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Second (30x25x25) for female O. Rugiceps

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Please comments and suggestions and possible

9. gromgrom

gromgrom Arachnoprince

ohio
    Pics will come later

i have a 20 gallon long for my two male and female lovers. Two beautiful emp's in a substrate that has sand mostly at the bottom, and 4-5 inches of coco brick dirt on the top. 3 little burrows and 1 big one that they both sleep in together (awww :} )

bark covers the burrows, two flat rocks for mating, a waterdish for basking, and a waterdish to house the superworms.