People Kill Record Mako for no Reason

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
"..because then I can show a video to you all how they slaughter innocent animals." Yeah but, what animals are there that are eaten and 'not' innocent." I know what you mean but, this food chain's been around for millions of years. We have to kill something to survive, we even have to kill plants, no way of getting around it. Strange, I agree it sucks, but it's just the way it is. But like pitbull lady said, the self-hate thing doesn't really do much. @pitbullady, years ago I heard on the radio that the younger generation were going to be taught this hate humanity mentality, I didn't believe it but I'm hearing it more and more. Not that that's the case here in this thread, but sure has that ring to it. Again, comes down from the UN, their Agenda21, trickles down through gov and into the schools.

Tarantula155

Arachnobaron
"..because then I can show a video to you all how they slaughter innocent animals." Yeah but, what animals are there that are eaten and 'not' innocent." I know what you mean but, this food chain's been around for millions of years. We have to kill something to survive, we even have to kill plants, no way of getting around it. Strange, I agree it sucks, but it's just the way it is. But like pitbull lady said, the self-hate thing doesn't really do much. @pitbullady, years ago I heard on the radio that the younger generation were going to be taught this hate humanity mentality, I didn't believe it but I'm hearing it more and more. Not that that's the case here in this thread, but sure has that ring to it. Again, comes down from the UN, their Agenda21, trickles down through gov and into the schools.
I am a lot more sorry for an animal getting slaughtered than a plant. Plants can regrow, animals cannot. To have the ability to stop eating meat and the fact you can live without it is more than enough.

Shrike

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
There are nutrients we get from meat that you cannot get from anywhere else (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ild-neglect-baby-died-vitamin-deficiency.htmlhttp://www.mnn.com/food/healthy-eating/questions/animal-or-vegetable-the-truth-about-protein ). I don't eat red meat or pork anymore although it is tempting. Mainly because I've decided I would not be able to kill the animal unless I was starving (actually starving) ,then even you're game :p. Although I'd feel bad killing fowl and poultry I know I could do it. I try to get free range, organic eggs and chicken/turkey meat when I can (stuff can be expensive!). I don't drink milk and avoid dairy for various reasons, but none are related to illness. I do not hate people who do eat and consume this stuff. What gets to me is that people will eat this stuff but refuse to watch a video on how this stuff is made because they feel bad for the animals. How can you consume it yet you can't even WATCH it let alone perform it?

Never giving up fish!
That's a crazy article, but you can definitely obtain vitamin A from a plant based diet. B12 is a different story. If you're not a meat eater it has to be obtained from a fortified food item like soy or almond milk (I think there are a few other sources as well).

I think the real issue with the meat-centric Western diet is portion control. We eat huge quantities of meat and empty calories while skimping on the healthiest stuff--fruits and vegetables. As for myself, I'm a happy omnivore. I eat vegetarian about half the week and drink almond milk instead of dairy milk. However, there are certain things I like to indulge in every once in while (cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeese). All things in moderation.

Crysta

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I wish this thread was posted under "the watering hole" because then I can show a video to you all how they slaughter innocent animals. As soon as you see how they treat and slaughter them, you'd turn or think about being a vegetarian/vegan.
most of those were killed by PETA people to get rep... and made by PETA people..
But i dont like the idea of suffering..in any form..
especially those amazon forests we will need to cull to be able to provide vegetables for everyone... if we didn't eat meat.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
That's a crazy article, but you can definitely obtain vitamin A from a plant based diet. B12 is a different story. If you're not a meat eater it has to be obtained from a fortified food item like soy or almond milk (I think there are a few other sources as well).

I think the real issue with the meat-centric Western diet is portion control. We eat huge quantities of meat and empty calories while skimping on the healthiest stuff--fruits and vegetables. As for myself, I'm a happy omnivore. I eat vegetarian about half the week and drink almond milk instead of dairy milk. However, there are certain things I like to indulge in every once in while (cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeese). All things in moderation.
Ooooh yeah, very important point. I even meant to type it earlier but forgot ...we eat too much in general. Food is too easy for us to get, too convenient, we just eat because it's there, we eat because "it's time to eat" whether we are hungry or not. I don't have an eating schedule, I just eat when I feel I'm hungry enough to eat and try not to eat after 7pm, I sleep a lot better. I heard a nutritionist say that it's better for us to always be just a little bit hungry, eat less, smaller portions to stop the blood sugar swings and all the other long term problems from eating too much. huh? ..oh yeah, dead shark, bummer, bet seals would love that picture though.

Hey Crysta, did you say something? hehe

Last edited:

Tarantula155

Arachnobaron
most of those were killed by PETA people to get rep... and made by PETA people..
especially those amazon forests we will need to cull to be able to provide vegetables for everyone... if we didn't eat meat.
Any evidence? Or are you assuming?
By the way, there are vegetable farms in North America that don't cut down ''amazon forests". Mostly farmed in the country, nothing but grass.

---------- Post added 06-06-2013 at 10:04 PM ----------

It started from sharks, to hunting, to food, to vegetarians, to PETA, and now food again. LOL

Last edited:

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I love vegetables , the go great with a nice rare steak..lol
NOW we're talkin! NOW I'm hungry. There are plenty of sharks, it's a big place btw. Well, there are cow lovers too, it would be the same general rant from those. I understand the rarity thing, but I doubt we have a clue to the number of sharks within a sps that are out there. Keep in mind the coelacanth, "experts" thought it was extinct for decades ...I mean for decades they thought it was extinct, thought it was extinct for around 60,000,000 years at least, then pops up in 1938. The ocean will be a mystery for a long time to come imo.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
lol, anywhooo, I read an article a while back where they had grown meat in a lab, I wonder if it would ever become efficient enough to make that work some day as a meat supply available in stores. That reminds me of petroleum engines verses electric motors in cars. Cattle/farm interests and lobbying might suppress technology like that in order to keep their personal cattle and slaughterhouses going. Yes, speculation in that oil co's suppress electric car tech but it makes sense, I've read stories about big companies buying patents to inventions that would "hurt" theirs, then file them away, under the rug; more efficient carburetors, things like that, I remember reading that in the 80's.

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Show me some links.

My brother in law is super health conscience and a pretty smart guy, scientist for the EPA. He was a vegan for awhile but he found some information that changed his mind. He doesn't do red meat but chicken and salmon occasionally too now. I don't remember what exactly he read but I'll try to ask him next time and remember to post it here.
http://www.vegsource.com. All the pros and cons, with numerous medical experts cited.
Just keep in mind, the worlds #1 cause of death virtually doesn't exist in vegans. (<.2% compared to meat and dairy munchers)

Last edited:

sugarsandz

Arachnosquire
I used to fish a lot but I'm not a fan of fishing anymore, I felt guilty the last time I put an earthworm on a hook and let the others free and i have never fished since. My point is that I won't hurt animals because I personally don't want to add to suffering but there is a problem with animals never having to suffer. What I mean is that animals die be it for food or by other natural causes and I say other natural causes because eating animals and veggies I should add is natural. Even vegetarians kill animals and please don't get mad before I explain. No matter what we do we are killing animals because anything we eat be it meat or produce takes up space on the earth. We plow forests to ranch cattle but we also do so to grow crops. When we destroy natural habitat we are killing animals, not just killing them but driving some into extinction so everyone at some level is responsible for the deaths of other creatures. Animals eat us when they get the chance, animals kill us for other reasons than food like because we get to close to their young or because we are dumb and get to close to take photos.

I know that eating meat or not eating meat is a personal decision and that is what makes it great, the right and ability to choose. I'm glad we live in a time where being vegan is very doable in most cities or eating bacon for every meal is an option for those who want to go that route. if we all ate the same thing we'd be worse off so I'm fine with people just doing what they want. There could come a day when we have to go back to getting food for ourselves the hard way and some of us won't be able to do that. I like meat but I couldn't skin anything and I like veggies but I am not good with a garden.

I guess my huge jumbled mess of word here is just me trying to say do what you do. Hats off to you who have the mindset to be vegetarians and same to those who choose to eat meat with or without a guilty conscience. I for one have seen many videos and looked through many articles on the slaughter of farm animals and animals used in science, I do feel great sadness for those animals and I always will. I might even try being a vegetarian again with better luck and I'll still feel bad for those animals but they are still going to be killed and people are still going to eat them. To be honest I feel bad for the crickets I feed my spiders but I know I can't feed them spinach so I treat the crickets I have with respect and feed them well and this might sound all Avatar but I thank them because I am thankful for them. I also treat meat with respect as strange as that might sound. No one will agree 100% on things, vegetarians disagree with what other vegetarians eat and so do omnivores.

As for the large female shark, I'm not one for pulling animals out of the wild for sport or food in some cases. We have farm animals for that and killing for fun kind of freaks me out. I have a hard time talking to people who hunt purely for sport because I feel like they might be one step from introducing me to the most dangerous game. I know that seems silly but I just get nervous around them. I mean I own a gun but it's purely for range shooting and the off chance that someone decides to violate me. I just don't have it in me to go out into the woods and kill something so I can stuff it. I'm a hypocrite but pretty much every living person is one with me so I find comfort in that, we're only human. I am a human that doesn't know when to stop typing because it's 3 am and I'm way past sleepy.

Anonymity82

Arachnoprince
I wish this thread was posted under "the watering hole" because then I can show a video to you all how they slaughter innocent animals. As soon as you see how they treat and slaughter them, you'd turn or think about being a vegetarian/vegan.
I've seen em all my friend. This is why I don't eat red meat or pork (for the fourth time I'm saying this, not sure you even read my posts) and try my best to eat cage free chicken and turkey, which I need to eat less of too. Not saying they're not slaughtered all the same but at least they're not factory farmed. We have a lot of local farms, some are cage free organic, around here that Whole Foods takes advantage of and I try to buy from them.

---------- Post added 06-07-2013 at 05:22 AM ----------

We could just farm veggies on the fields and structures (after we knock the down) where they farm cows and pigs, chickens etc...

sugarsandz

Arachnosquire
I've seen em all my friend. This is why I don't eat red meat or pork (for the fourth time I'm saying this, not sure you even read my posts) and try my best to eat cage free chicken and turkey, which I need to eat less of too. Not saying they're not slaughtered all the same but at least they're not factory farmed. We have a lot of local farms, some are cage free organic, around here that Whole Foods takes advantage of and I try to buy from them.

i have family who buy cows from local farmers and have them killed and butchered for them and they are set for a year depending on how much they use. It's better to know they had one cow instead of who knows how many others and the conditions they would've been raised in. Plus I notice a lot of people raising their own chickens, mostly for eggs but at least you'd know your chickens were well cared for so no guilt about the eggs. I'd like to raise some chickens when I have a good sized yard for eggs.

Tarantula155

Arachnobaron
I've seen em all my friend. This is why I don't eat red meat or pork (for the fourth time I'm saying this, not sure you even read my posts) and try my best to eat cage free chicken and turkey, which I need to eat less of too.

Notice how I said "then I can show a video to you 'all''. It didn't mean only for you, there are some people if not many that haven't seen how they slaughter these poor animals.

friendttyy

Arachnolord
If humans keep chopping down forests, we wont die of floods or fires or tsunamis or WHAT EVER THERE IS we will die of suffocation.

Tarantula155

Arachnobaron
As for the large female shark, I'm not one for pulling animals out of the wild for sport or food in some cases. We have farm animals for that and killing for fun kind of freaks me out. I have a hard time talking to people who hunt purely for sport because I feel like they might be one step from introducing me to the most dangerous game. I know that seems silly but I just get nervous around them. I mean I own a gun but it's purely for range shooting and the off chance that someone decides to violate me. I just don't have it in me to go out into the woods and kill something so I can stuff it. I'm a hypocrite but pretty much every living person is one with me so I find comfort in that, we're only human. I am a human that doesn't know when to stop typing because it's 3 am and I'm way past sleepy.
I'm with ya.

---------- Post added 06-07-2013 at 02:04 PM ----------

If humans keep chopping down forests, we wont die of floods or fires or tsunamis or WHAT EVER THERE IS we will die of suffocation.
There are a hell lot of forests around the world. Many that are not allowed to be chopped down. At the rate the world is changing(pollution, and whatnot) we are evolving(adapting) with it. By the time this world will have very little to no air, I think our bodies would be adapted to it.

Anonymity82

Arachnoprince
Notice how I said "then I can show a video to you 'all''. It didn't mean only for you, there are some people if not many that haven't seen how they slaughter these poor animals.
Gotcha ;D

Yeah, most people don't have the heart to watch those videos and also eat meat so they just don't watch the videos! Those videos are factory farms so buying locally if possible is better for the animal but the end result is the same, an animal dead before its time.

I used to be quite the carnivore but it was hard for me to eat red meat and pork after watching them strung up and sliced open while they scream in agony and fear. Heart breaking.

---------- Post added 06-07-2013 at 02:13 PM ----------

Don't worry. A comet will hit sooner or later.

Tarantula155

Arachnobaron
I used to be quite the carnivore but it was hard for me to eat red meat and pork after watching them strung up and sliced open while they scream in agony and fear. Heart breaking.
It rips me apart. Sometimes I think if I were there in person, I could break a tear. Yes they all die at the end, but a quick death is far better than getting tortured to death.

---------- Post added 06-07-2013 at 02:18 PM ----------

http://www.vegsource.com. All the pros and cons, with numerous medical experts cited.
Just keep in mind, the worlds #1 cause of death virtually doesn't exist in vegans. (<.2% compared to meat and dairy munchers)
Not surprising, not surprising at all.

Anonymity82

Arachnoprince

i have family who buy cows from local farmers and have them killed and butchered for them and they are set for a year depending on how much they use. It's better to know they had one cow instead of who knows how many others and the conditions they would've been raised in. Plus I notice a lot of people raising their own chickens, mostly for eggs but at least you'd know your chickens were well cared for so no guilt about the eggs. I'd like to raise some chickens when I have a good sized yard for eggs.

Well, like in Hinduism I believe that by eating animals you're also ingesting their suffering. Seeing how cells work in biology I can't imagine how their suffering could not directly relate their substance, thus ingesting negativity. A little out there I know but that's how I feel.