People Kill Record Mako for no Reason

freedumbdclxvi

Arachnoprince
You get no beef from me regarding odd beliefs, sir. Not often someone is a proponent of Lamarckian ideas anymore, so it struck my fancy.

friendttyy

Arachnolord
You make a point but if we don't ? People say us teens (yes I am a kid aged13) are the luckiest generation but I don't believe it cause of all the chaos around us.

Tarantula155

Arachnobaron
You make a point but if we don't ? People say us teens (yes I am a kid aged13) are the luckiest generation but I don't believe it cause of all the chaos around us.
Why wouldn't we? Humans are evolving at this very second, every minute, every hour, every day. May not be much, but overtime it does make a difference.

Anonymity82

Arachnoprince
You get no beef from me regarding odd beliefs, sir. Not often someone is a proponent of Lamarckian ideas anymore, so it struck my fancy.
Pun intended?

---------- Post added 06-07-2013 at 11:19 PM ----------

Not sure who says that. Maybe where you live. When I was growing up it was "Kids have no respect anymore" and "These poor kids have to deal with all these restrictions and gang violence/school shootings" or "Rap is garbage!". They bragged to me about how awesome their lives were int he 70's etc... Of course then our grandparents were talking about living on rations during the war etc... My grandmother is 98 and she has some stories. It amazes me that when she was ten her older generations could physically remember the civil war and slavery!

Last edited:

Smokehound714

Arachnoking
I'll always defend the practice of fishing. Fishing made our species possible, and the answer is not to destroy a fishery with media propaganda, but rather to ensure the fishery is kept stable.

In california, purchasing a Fishing License funds other programs, like the white seabass breeding programs that help keep this species alive. They also breed Calfiornia halibut, and yellowtail as well!

However, PETA will never acknowledge that. They'd rather go to your child's school and tell him/her you're a sadistic murderer that gets perverse pleasure from gutting a trout.

They won't acknowledge that catch and release has excellent survival rates. PETA was also caught red-handed euthanizing their animals while bashing those that euthanize animals. Several chairmen and women of PETA are extreme hypocrites, often wearing leather items, and using insulin, which was made possible by testing on dogs.

And, sadly, portions of the california coastline are off limits to fishing thanks to PETA's influence. Do not let this propaganda ruin the lives of responsible anglers!

Akai

Arachnobaron
Trophy hunting a large shark pales in comparison to the senseless poaching of sharks merely for their fins. Shark fin soup is a prized delicacy in asia and sharks are caught and stripped for their fins and dumped maimed and overboard finless while still alive. It is really sad and scientist estimate that this practice numbers in the 6 figures of of sharks killed this way. I recently saw this documentary on this and it was very very sad. There is no regulation of this practice so who knows what the actual numbers are and it's not relegated to any one particular species of shark but what happens to get caught by these fishermen when they are chumming for sharks.

ShredderEmp

Arachnoprince
Trophy hunting a large shark pales in comparison to the senseless poaching of sharks merely for their fins. Shark fin soup is a prized delicacy in asia and sharks are caught and stripped for their fins and dumped maimed and overboard finless while still alive. It is really sad and scientist estimate that this practice numbers in the 6 figures of of sharks killed this way. I recently saw this documentary on this and it was very very sad. There is no regulation of this practice so who knows what the actual numbers are and it's not relegated to any one particular species of shark but what happens to get caught by these fishermen when they are chumming for sharks.
Yea, thats where my original 10 million came from. Its 100 million each year to ten humans each year. Some sharks are killed out of pure ignorance too. I hate it.

Anonymity82

Arachnoprince
It's a hard subject. I don't like animals being killed needlessly. I'm totally against wasting in any form. Sure, kill the shark but at least use the meat for something.

Edit:I have removed the clip as it is probably not appropriate for this thread.

Last edited:

Tarantula155

Arachnobaron
It's a hard subject. I don't like animals being killed needlessly. I'm totally against wasting in any form. Sure, kill the shark but at least use the meat for something.

I hope this doesn't offend anyone.
I remember that exact episode too, LOL great show. Of course it "can be" offending, it is some of the most racist show's on television.

I'm not sure the "Not so Spineless Wonders" allows such language. I know the "watering hole" does.

Last edited:

Anonymity82

Arachnoprince
I remember that exact episode too, LOL great show. Of course it "can be" offending, it is some of the most racist show's on television.

I'm not sure the "Not so Spineless Wonders" allows such language. I know the "watering hole" does.

Shhhhhh! Most people wont watch it! Don't call attention to it.

By this point I've forgotten which thread I was in!

Anonymity82

Arachnoprince
Hey, I removed the link, not sure how to remove it from your quote though. I think you have to do that.

friendttyy

Arachnolord
I used to fish untill i had no time and decided to keep all our catch alive in our pond now i have 1 Carp and some other redish,blueish ang goldenish fish.

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Requiem

Mention protecting animals and before the second page of the thread someone will be bashing PETA. And of course the other arguements will follow along. Not a protected species. For food. Not worth going into.

Take your average car and go for a half hour drive. The distance you will travel is greater than the breathable air above our heads. It's not an infinite resource but a very thin blanket. And most sentient beings agree it needs some protection. Provided the protection doesn't interfere with their owning and using any vehicle(s) they choose.

You lived in the oceans, my friend. Vast, great bodies of water. The most precious substance in the universe as any astrophysicist will tell you. But we are working on that. 100 billion gallons of water pollutants, industrial waste and sewage produced every day is rapidly turning the thing that makes our sky blue into a death trap.

Americans in particular are quick to jump up and defend their life styles. Mention vegetarianism and pretty soon someone will mention a nice juicy steak. But you need to understand what they are. ~24% of them are overweight. 1/10th of those are concerned about that. But only 1/50th of those are actively doing anything about it. That works out to one fifth of Americans are suicidal. Insane. Non compus mentus. What can be expected of a society as self and planetary destructive?

In the time that this thread has been going 33,000 people have starved to death. At the same time, edible food that would prevent every one of those deaths is thrown away every day.

I mentioned it a while back and got lambasted for it. George Carlin was right. Save the planet? The planet, a ball of dirt covered magma, is doing just fine. It will continue spinning in it's orbit without air. Without water. It's people that are going away. If it's any consolation magnificent Mako, wherever you have gone, we will be following shortly. In fact, on the planetary scale of time in less than a blink of an eye. A small irony. Many estimate we have about 100 years left at the present rate of environmental rape and destruction. Our greed appears to be insatiable. Our stupidity, astounding.

I'll let Jim Morrison sing the requiem.
What have they done to the earth? What have they done to our fair sister? Ravaged and plundered and ripped her and bit her. Stuck her with knives in the side of the dawn and tied her with fences and dragged her down.

Last edited: