Kid kills 10-foot Albino Burmese Python

MasamuneX7

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I never considered using honed fighting skills on a child. You must have misunderstood me, because I said I would slap the kid, not destroy him. If the father touched me, I would fight back. He deserves punishment for not taking responsibility for it. A scolding would then be in place. You would want to see me locked up for helping someone? Put yourself in the kid's shoes and think about how you'd react if a random person slapped you, then gave your father a lesson on how he's done a horrendous job of raising you.

Hell if there are any medical expenses I'd pay for them. I would expect the father to actually thank me for that afterwards. You cannot say: "if i were the father you would get it for beating my kid" because you don't actually know what it's like to be a father of an annoying little brat like that do you? Apparently my words are too harsh, but how dare YOU raise a failure into the world? What is that kid going to be like when he grows up? He and his father are the menace to society, not me.

You look at these serial killers, rapists, child molesters... and you read about their backgrounds. See a commonality in all of them? See how they were either abused or weren't taught right? I could go on forever with the subject of irresponsible parenting.

As a matter of fact, I do talk like this in real life, and I have a very well-behaved 2 year old son. Unlike that father, I actually care about raising him properly.

Stylopidae

Arachnoking
Old Timer
C'mon, guys...what the kid did was obviously above and beyond wrong but how is assaulting a 10 year old any better?

There could be circumstances you don't know about, mental problems and such. I've seen some serious, scary stuff from the days I was a camp counselor and believe me when I say that there are some truly messed up kids out there and it's not always the fault of the parents.

Most of the time, but not always.

As much as I'd liked to have followed him to his car, would that really have been a viable option?

Leave all those reptiles unattended...especially when you just lost one of your favorites?

There's some fault on the exhibitor. When I do shows with my spiders, I always bring along at least one friend to help out. Plus, there's always one or two people who are more interested in the rest and offer to stick around and help out. I never let them touch the animals directly but I let them hang out and help with the presentation (putting stuff up, taking it down, etc.).

Don't get me wrong...nobody could ever anticipate something like this.

As for what should be done, I would have had someone follow them and get their plate number. Wherever they were at most likely had a security camera or two so it would be quite easy to follow them after the fact, as well.

Yes, the child should be punished. Yes, the father should be punished. At the very least pay for the snake (10 foot albino burmese pythons aren't cheap) and throw the toughest animal creulty punishments possible at them. This was an educational program and the toughest possible penalties should be applied, but neither is deserving of death. Especially if you take into account what I said earlier. The death penalty should not apply in this case. That is your emotions speaking. Jail time?

Well the father isn't responsible, so maybe for the child.

Counceling?

Definitely. For the entire family, with a focus on that child.

A physical beat-down for either party?

Hell, no.

Grow up and learn a bit about what happens in the real world. Things aren't always black and white...cut and dry.
I hate quoting myself.

You need to learn about how things work in real life, like Mr. I said. You have no information about the mental health of the child which is in itself is a perfectly good reason to completely dismiss you as a rational human being.

MasamuneX7

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I hate quoting myself.

You need to learn about how things work in real life, like Mr. I said. You have no information about the mental health of the child which is in itself is a perfectly good reason to completely dismiss you as a rational human being.
I suppose you carry that explanation onto the father as well? The root of the problem is after all, him. Counseling is something that should be accomplished at a later time. I am direct and to the point, so it would be imperative for the father and his son to know the severity of it at that time. I am well aware of the legal issues involved.

Last edited:

Hedorah99

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I can tell you one thing... if that was MY kid, and you even laid a finger on him, it wouldn't matter if you were Fedor himself... how dare you.
Please don't invoke Fedor's name! It will only displease him. We don't need Fedor recklessly ground and pounding random people on this site. Did you also know Fedor is the only fighter who can armbar a snake? Perhaps this is better for the MMA thread.

And I really think the beatings should not stop at teh child and father. Why not attack the mother, the guy who owned the liquor store that sold the $12 bottle of wine that lead to the conception of the child, the doctors who delivered him, etc etc etc...

I feel safer already knowing "the real deal" is on this site monitoring what injustices warrant random violence as a solution.

Hedorah99

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I never considered using honed fighting skills on a child. You must have misunderstood me, because I said I would slap the kid, not destroy him. If the father touched me, I would fight back. He deserves punishment for not taking responsibility for it. A scolding would then be in place. You would want to see me locked up for helping someone? Put yourself in the kid's shoes and think about how you'd react if a random person slapped you, then gave your father a lesson on how he's done a horrendous job of raising you.

Hell if there are any medical expenses I'd pay for them. I would expect the father to actually thank me for that afterwards. You cannot say: "if i were the father you would get it for beating my kid" because you don't actually know what it's like to be a father of an annoying little brat like that do you? Apparently my words are too harsh, but how dare YOU raise a failure into the world? What is that kid going to be like when he grows up? He and his father are the menace to society, not me.

You look at these serial killers, rapists, child molesters... and you read about their backgrounds. See a commonality in all of them? See how they were either abused or weren't taught right? I could go on forever with the subject of irresponsible parenting.

As a matter of fact, I do talk like this in real life, and I have a very well-behaved 2 year old son. Unlike that father, I actually care about raising him properly.
Yes, and I'm sure its a great lesson that daddy went to jail for knocking the shellac out of a guy for trying to stop someone for beating his kid.

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I'm not just an internet warrior... I would have really grabbed the kid and slapped him hard. The dad would've probably tried to hit me after that, at which point he's in for a beating for not educating the kid properly, and for my own self-defense. There are not too many average joes who can fight an experienced mixed martial artist, and I'm not just BSing about it like people tend to do on the internet with everyone thinking they could kick anyone's ass and what not. I AM the real deal and I've been training in various styles for about 3/4 of my life.

Sorry, but I don't stand for anyone getting away scot-free for killing someone else's beloved pet. No, he's getting straight hard discipline right then and there, the father most of all. I would do it even if it weren't my snake and I were a bystander. If I had killed that guy's snake, my father would've beaten me on the spot in front of everyone and offered the guy a deep apology and compensation for it. The damn kid's lack of respect for life is disgusting and the dad has no sense of honor. Seeing how the dad reacted, it's no surprise his kid turned out like that.

Oh what, so I beat someone else's kid. Big deal. Physical injuries heal and are forgotten about. Even if the dad beat the kid at home (which he might not even do), it wouldn't do a damn thing. He'd go out and do something stupid again. The kid needs a beating along with his worthless dad out in public by a complete stranger for humiliation. That's not something he's going to forget about. What that snake owner felt, all the time he spent caring for his pet, he's not going to forget about how some random spoiled brat came in one day and smashed his snake's head in when he was trying to spread the love. So sue me for caring about having good ethics.
martial arts are not going to help you. While you were hitting the kid, you would have had my cane across your neck. BTW its not just a cane, it would remove your head from your shoulders.
However if it was my kid you would have to pull me off the kid before you got the chance. He would have a sore butt. But i got news for you , you would have died on the spot if it was my kid, and you attacked him. Period.
Grow up, people like you are what gives martial arts a bad name.

MasamuneX7

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
martial arts are not going to help you. While you were hitting the kid, you would have had my cane across your neck. BTW its not just a cane, it would remove your head from your shoulders.
However if it was my kid you would have to pull me off the kid before you got the chance. He would have a sore butt. But i got news for you , you would have died on the spot if it was my kid, and you attacked him. Period.
Grow up, people like you are what gives martial arts a bad name.
It only takes one hit.

Do you mean to tell me you were never hit by your parents when you were young? It's amusing that you all react this way online, yet if the incident were to occur to you, you'd attempt to kill me for slapping your kid when your kid killed my snake? You have issues then. I'm not killing your kid. I'm not even pummeling your kid. I'm slapping him. I'm letting him know that what he did was wrong. It's education. And you're going to kill me for doing that. Ironic that you should say I'm giving martial arts a bad name when you'd be willing to kill me instead of accepting your son's fault. Wow, how passive society has gotten now. YOU are perpetuating the problem.

Last edited:

MasamuneX7

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Please don't invoke Fedor's name! It will only displease him. We don't need Fedor recklessly ground and pounding random people on this site. Did you also know Fedor is the only fighter who can armbar a snake? Perhaps this is better for the MMA thread.

And I really think the beatings should not stop at teh child and father. Why not attack the mother, the guy who owned the liquor store that sold the $12 bottle of wine that lead to the conception of the child, the doctors who delivered him, etc etc etc...

I feel safer already knowing "the real deal" is on this site monitoring what injustices warrant random violence as a solution.
I like how you compounded everything I said to dramatize it, even a joke about Mr. Emilianenko.

Yes, I do wonder what kind of injustices warrant random violence as a solution, when everyone here has said they'd want my head for merely slapping their kid. What shall I do? Stand there and take your punishment because it's not right of me to fight back, when you, the father, are the core of the problem?

Trust me, I have no reason for hitting or "educating" any of your kids, because obviously you're all competent enough to accept responsibilities for their actions from reading your posts, but the problem in your logic is that you don't look at it from the perspective of that specific kid's father and if you had a son like him. You don't look at it from the perspective of a guy who just "hits and runs".

Stylopidae

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Oh, my god. Assaulting a potentially mentally ill child and someone defending their child from the attack are two completely different things.

Do you ever read your posts out loud?

Try it sometime.

BishopiMaster

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
matamune i think your forgetting something about what martial arts is all about.
it IS self defense, and usually teaches someone to be well disciplined and seriously use it under life threatening conditions. Martials arts is a very dangerous art and under limited circumstances should one use it offensively.

On a sidenote, i think you/and/or other people should not get themselves into stuff they could have very easily avoided

MasamuneX7

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Oh, my god. Assaulting a potentially mentally ill child and someone defending their child from the attack are two completely different things.

Do you ever read your posts out loud?

Try it sometime.
Everyone and their mother writes off a problematic child as mentally ill without taking blame for their actions. Child doesn't want to read? ADD. Another excuse there. Look, there are few mental illnesses that can actually be attributed to genetics, that is, without environmental influences. Whose fault is it that the child has problems like these? A child's brain exhibits much plasticity. Gee, I wonder what went wrong there, did he automatically develop it after living a relatively happy and well-behaved life? I am a student of genetics as well as a part-time martial arts instructor, so if you feel so inclined to discuss the subject of "mental illnesses" I am happy to do that with you.

I read my posts outloud as I type.

matamune i think your forgetting something about what martial arts is all about.
it IS self defense, and usually teaches someone to be well disciplined and seriously use it under life threatening conditions. Martials arts is a very dangerous art and under limited circumstances should one use it offensively.

On a sidenote, i think you/and/or other people should not get themselves into stuff they could have very easily avoided
Thank you for being calm in your post. I do understand what martial arts is about, it's just that my correcting the kid has no bearing on my martial arts experience or discipline. Most of these people here just think I'm going to KO or guillotine the kid when I say he needs to be slapped, and just as I said earlier, what am I going to do if the dad rushes at me? Stand there and take the hits? He knew very well what his kid did was wrong, and he should by any measure of logic, know that I didn't slap the kid for no reason.

One thing I've always had as a practitioner is a sense of honor. I absolutely cannot stand anyone who doesn't take responsibility for their actions.

Last edited:

AneesasMuse

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
It is a terrible shame that Scott's snake was killed by this child and the father just walked away, not apologizing or compensating or anything. It really, really is.

No one here knows the situation with that child.... only the child's actions on that particular day and with that particular animal.

But after following this thread and getting up to this point, today... I finally have to post. If I were there and it had been my child... (this would NEVER be the case, I assure you).. and someone from the bystanding crowd approached my child, even after such a grievous offense.... and so much as threatened physical contact with him.......... there would be some MOTHER ARTS on YOUR behind, I assure you! I wouldn't kill you unless you put my child's or my own life in danger, but I would make you remember to NEVER ever attempt to put your hands on another person's child again. That is not your place! It is NOT YOUR PLACE to do that regardless of the scenario. And I thoroughly understand your frustration for the animal, as I have a Zoo here in my home and I would be beyond wicked mad if someone did something to one of my "babies"... but DO NOT touch my children and expect to draw back, fully intact.

I have to agree with the other posts here, as well... to the one boasting about the all powerful knowledge of martial arts, etc. ...you have sadly and sorely missed the discipline and total concept of the system(s) you claim you have studied.

MasamuneX7

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
It is a terrible shame that Scott's snake was killed by this child and the father just walked away, not apologizing or compensating or anything. It really, really is.

No one here knows the situation with that child.... only the child's actions on that particular day and with that particular animal.

But after following this thread and getting up to this point, today... I finally have to post. If I were there and it had been my child... (this would NEVER be the case, I assure you).. and someone from the bystanding crowd approached my child, even after such a grievous offense.... and so much as threatened physical contact with him.......... there would be some MOTHER ARTS on YOUR behind, I assure you! I wouldn't kill you unless you put my child's or my own life in danger, but I would make you remember to NEVER ever attempt to put your hands on another person's child again. That is not your place! It is NOT YOUR PLACE to do that regardless of the scenario. And I thoroughly understand your frustration for the animal, as I have a Zoo here in my home and I would be beyond wicked mad if someone did something to one of my "babies"... but DO NOT touch my children and expect to draw back, fully intact.

I have to agree with the other posts here, as well... to the one boasting about the all powerful knowledge of martial arts, etc. ...you have sadly and sorely missed the discipline and total concept of the system(s) you claim you have studied.
I believe you misunderstood me. I would not use martial arts for any reason other than to protect someone or myself in the case of a life-threatening situation. The situation in discussion does not call for use of martial arts, it calls for disciplinary measures, and in the case that the father attacks me, I have no choice but to counter. You don't seem to understand that if you had a problematic child, you likely would not react the same as you are currently, especially after such a serious wrongdoing, and ESPECIALLY after you took off running without so much as an apology.

AneesasMuse

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
We all understood you perfectly, here.. which is why you're getting the response you're getting. You seem to think you have some right to put your hand on someone else's child for a wrong that you have witnessed... and YOU DO NOT!!! Bottom line! You keep trying to twist this to make you seem like a victim now... just like a child... I'm finished with it. I made my point. Be careful about putting your hands on other people's children.

MasamuneX7

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
We all understood you perfectly, here.. which is why you're getting the response you're getting. You seem to think you have some right to put your hand on someone else's child for a wrong that you have witnessed... and YOU DO NOT!!! Bottom line! You keep trying to twist this to make you seem like a victim now... just like a child... I'm finished with it. I made my point. Be careful about putting your hands on other people's children.
Let me put it to you: violence is not the answer to violence. This is not violence, this is discipline.

The child needs education and guidance. The moment the father said "This is why I don't take you anywhere" it told me straight off that the kid has done something this serious before and that it came as no surprise to the father. What does that tell you about what the father has done since then? So I have no business putting my hand on someone else's child? He has no goddamn business fathering this kid.

I'm twisting it now? Since you are all, from what I can tell, responsible and caring people, I fail to see how you would be able to put yourselves in that guy's shoes and still act as you are now. Not even a "sorry" before leaving. Now Scott has to bear with the fact that no one even had the selflessness to pursue and stop them, and thus doesn't know who the culprits were.

You all saying you would not handle me disciplining your questionable child, you either do not quite understand what that says about yourself and/or you have not yet begun to think on a societal level. Humans are generally selfish or tend to only think about those in their own close-knit groups. As far as I can say, if your child has been doing this so much and you've abstained from seeking counseling and therapy for your child, then someone else, such as I, have every right to do what you're not doing. Why should I care? I told you. I'm a father myself. I don't need my son or any other children I may have in the future growing up around kids like these. You are making this society worse for all of us. Our future lies with our children.

Last edited:

Stylopidae

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Wow! You read from a genetics textbook a few times a week and that makes you qualified...how, exactly?

I worked at an overnight camp as a councelor for nearly half a decade. I've worked with hundreds of children. Believe me when I say I'm far more qualified than you are to make my claims.

I've seen bad parenting. I've seen mentally ill. I've seen abuse. I've seen trauma. I've seen and heard things which would leave even a monster like you with nightmares for weeks. You do not know what is going on with this family and that alone should keep you from jumping to any conclusions.

You have no idea what you are talking about and the ignorance in your posts is at a level which I can only refer to as incredible.

John Apple

Just a guy
Old Timer
Ignorance is bliss....that being said ..., so is hitting someones else kid for damaging your animals or property.
I can remember once my truck window was broke and I cought the culprit. He was an eleven year old child. I held the kid brought him to his parents house and they paid the damage to my vehicle and I am sure that kid got it good from his parents. long story short the kid mowed my lawn for a summer and I am sure could not sit down for a week after his folks got him.
I remember back many years ago my older son was accosted at a park by some people of ethnic origin, I went there confronted the people [who were all adults bragging of thier fighting background to my face] and walked away with a fat lip and a broken hand. They were much worse off as the police broke it up and took two to the hospital before jail. Like I said it doesn't matter what ya know but what your in it for. Defending our kids should not even be questioned. If ya know what ya know and the father came at you for slapping his kid you could put him on the ground or tie him up without hurting him bad as he is just defending his [somewhat irregular] child. Smart people do not tell what they know or brag, we learn
Some of us don't like to let others know what we know unless we are backed into a corner as our abilities could seriously hurt a body

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
It only takes one hit.

Do you mean to tell me you were never hit by your parents when you were young? It's amusing that you all react this way online, yet if the incident were to occur to you, you'd attempt to kill me for slapping your kid when your kid killed my snake? You have issues then. I'm not killing your kid. I'm not even pummeling your kid. I'm slapping him. I'm letting him know that what he did was wrong. It's education. And you're going to kill me for doing that. Ironic that you should say I'm giving martial arts a bad name when you'd be willing to kill me instead of accepting your son's fault. Wow, how passive society has gotten now. YOU are perpetuating the problem.
are you too stupid to read taht i would have spanked the kid myself? You have no right to touch my kid at all. period. so yeah you should die for attacking a child. anyone who attacks a child is deserving of death. A parent spanking thier child is not an attack but you slapping my child is. and you are the problem

John Apple

Just a guy
Old Timer
are you too stupid to read taht i would have spanked the kid myself? You have no right to touch my kid at all. period. so yeah you should die for attacking a child. anyone who attacks a child is deserving of death. A parent spanking thier child is not an attack but you slapping my child is. and you are the problem
Some people just can't see the face in the mirror looking back at them:?

MasamuneX7

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Read the last paragraph of my last post.

Ignorance is bliss....that being said ..., so is hitting someones else kid for damaging your animals or property.
I can remember once my truck window was broke and I cought the culprit. He was an eleven year old child. I held the kid brought him to his parents house and they paid the damage to my vehicle and I am sure that kid got it good from his parents. long story short the kid mowed my lawn for a summer and I am sure could not sit down for a week after his folks got him.
I remember back many years ago my older son was accosted at a park by some people of ethnic origin, I went there confronted the people [who were all adults bragging of thier fighting background to my face] and walked away with a fat lip and a broken hand. They were much worse off as the police broke it up and took two to the hospital before jail. Like I said it doesn't matter what ya know but what your in it for. Defending our kids should not even be questioned. If ya know what ya know and the father came at you for slapping his kid you could put him on the ground or tie him up without hurting him bad as he is just defending his [somewhat irregular] child. Smart people do not tell what they know or brag, we learn
Some of us don't like to let others know what we know unless we are backed into a corner as our abilities could seriously hurt a body
Restraining someone in real life is not as simple as it sounds. Even with experience, real life is not a drill. It is not as easy to just tie him up without hurting him bad. You're right, geniuses are never self-proclaimed.

Wow! You read from a genetics textbook a few times a week and that makes you qualified...how, exactly?

I worked at an overnight camp as a councelor for nearly half a decade. I've worked with hundreds of children. Believe me when I say I'm far more qualified than you are to make my claims.

I've seen bad parenting. I've seen mentally ill. I've seen abuse. I've seen trauma. I've seen and heard things which would leave even a monster like you with nightmares for weeks. You do not know what is going on with this family and that alone should keep you from jumping to any conclusions.

You have no idea what you are talking about and the ignorance in your posts is at a level which I can only refer to as incredible.
By student, I meant that I'm a scientist who has not yet received his PhD. I do research. I don't read from a textbook. See your own writing in bold.

I've seen a person get blasted out of an apartment building from a natural gas explosion and fall to his death. That is more than anything you can provide me, but that's a different subject. See your own writing in bold.

Your preaching is sickening. I'm a monster to you? Some counselor you are.