Kid kills 10-foot Albino Burmese Python

Draiman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Disgusting. I cringed when I read this. I certainly wouldn't have slapped the boy, but certainly getting hold of him (as well as the father) until the relevant authorities arrived would be about right. It is appalling behaviour for such a young child to exhibit, and letting him go without at least attempting to correct such behaviour would be irresponsible.

pnshmntMMA

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
that is the most rediculous thing ive ever heard. i hope that kid gets swallowed by an anaconda. i wouldnt have been able to restrain myself i would have ripped them apart, or at the very least sued their YOU KNOW WHATS off.

Mister Internet

Big Meanie Doo Doo Head :)
Arachnosupporter +
that is the most rediculous thing ive ever heard. i hope that kid gets swallowed by an anaconda. i wouldnt have been able to restrain myself i would have ripped them apart, or at the very least sued their YOU KNOW WHATS off.
Oh goody, another hormonal MMA "spokesperson"... another dose of exactly the kind of publicity fighting needs. :rolleyes:

See my earlier statements in this thread. Some people need a serious reality check.

IrishPolishman

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
That is a horrible horrible story. Sounds like the kid from the movie Cabin Fever. I would have been screaming at the pair if not worse.

Last edited:

Beardo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Oh goody, another hormonal MMA "spokesperson"... another dose of exactly the kind of publicity fighting needs. :rolleyes:

See my earlier statements in this thread. Some people need a serious reality check.
I concur.

As a fellow MMA practitioner and fan, it pains me to see Tap-Out wearing posers behave in such immature ways.

While I would be LIVID if someone were to kill one of my animals in front of, wishing harm upon a child is simply sick. An adult is a different story.

ThomasH

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
This following post is not to demean you in any way but to merely fill my curiousity and I truly apologize if this just isn't my place. I find it somewhat odd that I see people talk like this on the internet many times a day for the hour that I'm on. Yet have not witnessed this "strength, virgility and brutality" in person. Then again, I've only had a developed memory for less than a decade now and am told by good sources that I haven't the mental capacity of an adult. I may be wrong, as I make mistakes too. So my question for you, PnshmntMMA, is have you ever talked like you have been on this thread to another living human being in person? Also if I were to get ahold of your phone number and call you, would you be this tough?
Thats it.
Thank you for your cooperation,
TBH

Last edited:

ThomasH

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
While I would be LIVID if someone were to kill one of my animals in front of, wishing harm upon a child is simply sick. An adult is a different story.
My exact thoughts.
TBH

<EDIT> I just looked at your profile, PnshmntMMA, I find it quite disturbing that your words came out of a police officer and volunteer fire fighter's mouth.

cjm1991

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
maybe we should jump on that kids head and see what happens.
I couldnt agree more. I just now stumbled across this thread, but it is deeply depressing. I am truely sorry for the snakes owner, but for every action theres a reaction and I believe the reaction will get the kid in alot of trouble down the line. Hopefully he see's some kind of punishment for this aweful story I have read.

ThomasH

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
This thread has really started worrying me. The original story was sad when I read it over a year ago but hearing all these people talking about what they would like to do with the child is the most disturbing part. Who says the kiddo didn't have a learning disability? Who said the father intentionally tried to run away like a fugitive? He could have just fled because he felt like he was going to die of embarassment. We've all felt embarassment like this before, come on. I'm not saying what happened, I'm just saying that there is a possibility that these people aren't monsters. I pray to the good Lord that this is all just "smack talk" and no one would really do what they are saying. Children just don't have the intellect or chance to face lethal punishment like you all claim you would do. Amen.
TBH

Beardo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
One thing I have learned over my decade of experience with internet message boards is that the anonymity of the world wide web brings out "courage" and bravado in people that they would normally never allow to come to the surface in their day to day life.

I can just abut guarantee that nobody would have laid a hand upon the child were they present for this fiasco. I myself would have been so shocked that I could not have likely yelled "HEY! YOU KILLED MY SNAKE!" let alone act in a physical manner towards a small child.

ThomasH

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
One thing I have learned over my decade of experience with internet message boards is that the anonymity of the world wide web brings out "courage" and bravado in people that they would normally never allow to come to the surface in their day to day life.

I can just abut guarantee that nobody would have laid a hand upon the child were they present for this fiasco. I myself would have been so shocked that I could not have likely yelled "HEY! YOU KILLED MY SNAKE!" let alone act in a physical manner towards a small child.
Thanks DB, I'm beginning to reach that conclusion from online forums myself.
TBH

Tim Benzedrine

Prankster Possum
Old Timer
Hi, whoever you are. See the large, bold font my user name is in? That means you don't get to tell me what to do. Just thought I'd clear that up in case it wasn't already obvious.
Heh. I wondered if that would be brought to attention, but I really think that the less apparent, small-font "arachnoadministrator" would be a better indication that one's words should be chosen carefully. Not to say that mods or admins are (or should be) immune from dissent, but you REALLY want to stay within the rules when you go after one of them!

After reading his post. I checked PnshmntMMA's profile too, and like BoaConstrictor, I found the idea that his occupation was in law enforcement to be a tad disquieting. It also raises the question of why that profession was chosen.
Having said that, the thing to keep in mind is that people often use hyperbole in reaction to stories like the one in this thread.. I try not to do it, but I'm sure I've reacted in a knee-jerk fashion myself when something has upset me. Heck, I may have even done so in this very thread,
The problem is, with the anonymity of the 'net, it is very hard to tell if somebody is just engaging in outrageous indignation, or is really a psychopath that would beat a minor for harming a snake.

The kid deserved some sort of punishment, probably a pretty severe one. Whether such a punishment should have been meted out in a physical manner is debatable, but the question of whether it should have been dealt out by an angry stranger is not. Restitution is definitely in order. Along with maybe a side-order of counseling.

Last edited:

JColt

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
<EDIT> I just looked at your profile, PnshmntMMA, I find it quite disturbing that your words came out of a police officer and volunteer fire fighter's mouth.
I work in a Police Dept and you would be surprised what some officers thoughts are. I remember thinking when I started there how nice and professional it was going to be. Boy was I wrong!

ThomasH

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
After reading his post. I checked PnshmntMMA's profile too, and like BoaConstrictor, I found the idea that his occupation was in law enforcement to be a tad disquieting. It also raises the question of why that profession was chosen.
Having said that, the thing to keep in mind is that people often use hyperbole in reaction to stories like the one in this thread.. I try not to do it, but I'm sure I've reacted in a knee-jerk fashion myself when something has upset me. Heck, I may have even done so in this very thread,
The problem is, with the anonymity of the 'net, it is very hard to tell if somebody is just engaging in outrageous indignation, or is really a psychopath that would beat a minor for harming a snake.
Nice observation and good point. I think almost everyone is guilty of those actions at some point in his or her life. I know that I've subjected others to reactions like this and I have also been subjected to these reactions. Some of the things said on this thread were just over the line and out of control, were a little upsetting and barbaric. Some things you just don't say.........ever!
TBH

Tim Benzedrine

Prankster Possum
Old Timer
Thanks for the praise concerning my post, guys. Of course, I apparently I could have said it better because it was loaded with annoying little typos, which I fixed.:eek: Nothing that changed the content, of course.

cjm1991

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I dont see how someone could honestly do that to someone elses pet though, you know? What kind of parenting does that poor kid have :?

<edit>

Last edited by a moderator:

Tim Benzedrine

Prankster Possum
Old Timer
He's right. While it's fine to debate something that is not current, the only purpose making it personal will serve is to get the thread locked.:embarrassed:

pnshmntMMA

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
all i can say is this kid needs help. he has no respect for life, or the property of others. SERIOUS help... if it were my kid hed be punished, and id try to educate him on how snakes are beneficial to the envirnment. i retract my previous statement of beating the kid, i typed before i thought. no tv for a year haha. i wouldnt blame the father so much, kids can easily wander away from a distracted dad. i sure hope the owner recieved monetary compensation, not that that would take away from the loss of a beloved pet....

pnshmntMMA

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
This following post is not to demean you in any way but to merely fill my curiousity and I truly apologize if this just isn't my place. I find it somewhat odd that I see people talk like this on the internet many times a day for the hour that I'm on. Yet have not witnessed this "strength, virgility and brutality" in person. Then again, I've only had a developed memory for less than a decade now and am told by good sources that I haven't the mental capacity of an adult. I may be wrong, as I make mistakes too. So my question for you, PnshmntMMA, is have you ever talked like you have been on this thread to another living human being in person? Also if I were to get ahold of your phone number and call you, would you be this tough?
Thats it.
Thank you for your cooperation,
TBH
this is the internet, i come here for info on how to care for my pets, place online orders, check email, and update my ipod. its not the real world. i make a dumb statement about some deadbeat kid, and get flamed. i personally, could not care less, its the internet. it doesnt affect my real life. i have no problem talking trash to someones face if they deserve it believe me. but to give out my phone number online...no thanks. internet threats are sad man just let it go. if someone on here says something anyone else doesnt like just let it go its fake. i deal with tons of idiots everyday at work, trust me a friday night 11-7am beat shift in baltimore gives you the opportunity to get trash talked and threatened all the time. im not worried about some dude on a bug forum. enjoy your day.