Introduce Yourself

Eternalhour

Arachnopeon
Hi all.
I live on east coast of Australia. I breed phasmids, have a couple of snails, a few species of scorpion, various marine inverts and recently treated myself to a Selenotypus Exevale sling. I would love to get a Phlogius Goliath, a Phlogius Blue Leg and a Selenotypus Sp.4 next.
I'm a sucker for the babies, scorplings and slings are among the most adorable creatures on this planet. I am a bit obsessed with arthropods and unfortunately don't know anyone apart from my two year old daughter who shares my obsession.

Sterls

Arachnobaron
Hey guys!

I've been into exotic pets for nearly all my life, the first pet I can remember us having was a free roaming iguana. I've mostly been into snakes up to this point, but recently started dipping my toes into tarantulas.

Currently I've got an Aphonopelma hentzi and a Chromatopelma cyanopubescens, and have fallen in love, borderline addicted. Been browsing the forums for awhile and figured it was time to introduce myself.

Looking forward to learning all there is to know about spiders, and maybe even some other inverts.

MagpieFX

Arachnopeon
Hi there,
I'm Luke, I'm 27 and live in Christchurch in the UK, with my partner and her 2 little girls(I also have 3 of my own close by) little crazy with ADHD and PTSD, I'm a veteran who now spends his nights playing on train tracks, I've kept lizards in the past but I've always been very wary of arachnids but sat down and binge watched the dark den, and set my mind to keep my own animals.

I've recently bought my first Brachypelma albopilosum and am here to interact with others and make sure I'm doing the right things with "Freddie" apologies the kids had to name him.

Egliderider

Arachnopeon
Hi everyone!
I'm Scott from MN And I'm new to Arachnoboards and the hobby. Got a Grammostola Pulchra a few months ago and am very excited to watch it grow and mature and eventually add a few more T's now that I'm hooked

I learned about Arachnoboards from Tom's Big Spiders and will have to learn my way around here. Nice to have a go to place for good info as I'm trying to learn as much as I can about T's.

My avatar is my G. Pulchra (Ripley) and it was the first time I'd seen it in over a month and I was excited to see that it grew so much after a recent molt.

mathieucloutier5

Arachnopeon
Hello everybody!
My name is Mathieu, im from Quebec,Gatineau, I just got in the hobby a few months ago, I own a Grammostola rosea, a A. geniculata, a H. maculata and a C. versicolor. I hope finding alot of advices and tips on here :)

M3rcurY176

Arachnopeon
Hi everyone
My name is Andi and i'm from Indonesia. I recently entered this hobby in January of 2018 and started with a Grammostola Pulchripes. As i got into the hobby, i got more and more tarantulas. I usually read anything about tarantulas here, whether it's about breeding reports or bite reports. I'm looking forward to socializing more on Arachnoboards;)

Egliderider

Arachnopeon
Great choice! Welcome to the cult of pulchra.
Thanks! They certainly are beautiful T's with that velvety black color. And now that I'm hooked, I just picked up a 1/2" B. Boehmei sling and have a list going for future T's to add to what I'm sure will be a growing collection.

BladeGypsy

Arachnoknight
Hello Arachnoboards. My name is Gypsy. I am excited to be a new member on this forum. Subsequently, I am also new to the hobby. I purchased my first T a couple of weeks ago, A. chalcodes, sexed female with about a 4'' legspan. her name is Brunnhilde, or 'Hilde for short. Hoping to learn a lot here and delve in to the hobby even more. See you all around. :)

Christoph27

Arachnopeon
My names Chris im 27 and live in TN.
Im new to the hobbie and recovering arachniphobe. Started with an A.avic sling then things kinda escalated from there.
I now own 3 Ts and multiple wild caught true spiders... I believe ive become an addict and am seeking knowlege and input from like minded people to help keep my inverts happy and healthy.

Draqon

Arachnopeon
My nickname is Trey, I haven't gotten anything yet, looking to get started in the hobby and saw that this was a good place for information and such. Thinking about getting a Poecilotheria Regalis but after some research found out it's not for beginners. So now looking for a better beginner T to start off with before I try my hand at the Poecilotheria Regalis.

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member

gymreaper

Arachnopeon
May be a little late to the party! Im alex, im 23 in Birmingham UK, used to have a Poecilotheria metallica but sold to a friend when my partner got pregnant (accident waiting to happen with an ornamental species). Recently bought a Asian Forest Scorpion who gave birth to 25 slings a week later!

Pepajasmin

Arachnopeon
Hey people,

I’m pepa,from the West Midlands,England,I’ve been into tarantulas for over 2 years now and finally got to own my first last year in September,
People think it’s abit crazy but my first baby was a OBT and I’m now currently looking into owning another species aswell

I’m still new to all this, and welcome any advice, just drop me a message!

Talk later!

gymreaper

Arachnopeon
Hey people,

I’m pepa,from the West Midlands,England,I’ve been into tarantulas for over 2 years now and finally got to own my first last year in September,
People think it’s abit crazy but my first baby was a OBT and I’m now currently looking into owning another species aswell

I’m still new to all this, and welcome any advice, just drop me a message!

Talk later!
West mids gang gang

CommanderBacon

Arachnobaron
Hello! My name is Jen, I live in Los Angeles, and I'm relatively new to keeping spiders. I got my first T at a bug fair two years ago and now have six tarantulas, a wolf spider, and a jumper. When I am not tossing crickets to their doom, I work in merchant services, watch sumo, play video games, and draw. I'm also a big fan of comics and Japanese history.

Currently focusing on collecting dwarf and small species and picked up my first C. elegans this weekend :) Saw a beautiful T. seladonia, but don't have $700 so....

Yashua

Arachnopeon
Greetings my name is Yashua, Originally discovered the hobby through an elementary school principal. Had a very big run of bad luck in life and reached an all-time low lost the love of my life and all that stuff and somehow threw the ashes ended up getting myself my first 8 slings and its kept me going.

my cute little Grammostola pulchra playing around in his moss

Brachypelma albopilosum enjoying pre-hulled burrow "Already 4x the size"

Chromatopelma cyaneopubscens "GBB" in comfort high corner of enclosure checking on the way too big cricket "Everyone else got butchered cricket" I gave the GBB a full one because it seemed down to eat just playing it all by ear right now.

Will be uploading a time-lapsed feeding video, GBB babies seem to give the best show feeding time mine holds onto the prey for some time to confirm death then does this little happy dance above the prey and then dives into the meal.