Introduce Yourself

Kiliost

Arachnopeon
Hi guys!
New to both tarantulas and this board. Don't have a T yet, but I would love to learn more about them before getting one.
Cheers.

Pelorix

Arachnopeon
Hi guys!
New to both tarantulas and this board. Don't have a T yet, but I would love to learn more about them before getting one.
Cheers.
Welcome Kiliost! I've only ever had 5 different Ts, but I'd be more than happy to help answer any questions if I can. Otherwise you came to the right place. Lots of helpful and knowledgeable people here :)

Lekage

Arachnopeon
Hello!
I'm Jason and an addict...
My son was wanting a T, at the age of 3... 3 years later he was still talking about them and wanting one , which he received when he turned 6, a Acanthoscurria geniculata ( it's in his room I do all I also decided to pick up a sling aswell a Grammostola pulchripes. Now year later, and 2 more recent additions , a Megaphobema robustum 1 1/2"
And a 3/4" Lasiodora parahybana.
The White knee is around 4 1/2" now, and the Chaco is maybe 3". And a Dubai roach colony.
And now I find my self constantly looking at the pet stores, and on various websites. All the above Ts were ordered from Jamie's.
Really what to get next... hmmmm..

NukaMedia Exotics

#1 Tarantula Vendor in the USA! Ships Nationwide.
Hello!
I'm Jason and an addict...
My son was wanting a T, at the age of 3... 3 years later he was still talking about them and wanting one , which he received when he turned 6, a Acanthoscurria geniculata ( it's in his room I do all I also decided to pick up a sling aswell a Grammostola pulchripes. Now year later, and 2 more recent additions , a Megaphobema robustum 1 1/2"
And a 3/4" Lasiodora parahybana.
The White knee is around 4 1/2" now, and the Chaco is maybe 3". And a Dubai roach colony.
And now I find my self constantly looking at the pet stores, and on various websites. All the above Ts were ordered from Jamie's.
Really what to get next... hmmmm..
I think it truly is an addition lol. That's cool your son got into them at that age, never even crossed my mind to keep tarantulas until 19...

Sounds like you've already got a nice start to your collection, hopefully you can gleam some info from this forum because its pretty much the best source.

Krombop

Arachnopeon
Hi everybody my name is Kyle I live in New jersey i just recently decided to get into creepy crawlies with the proud purchase of a little dune scorpion. Im looking to purchase a few more various scorps and just want to learn all I can about keeping them happy and healthy.

Jersey girl

Arachnopeon
B5EC02D5-AB66-4FBA-BFB1-311B3D8D2555.jpeg
Hi everyone I am new here hoping to learn lots from all of you.
I have been collecting inverts for many years and have kept various species of roach, millipede, and stick insect, this is my new addition Incy.

Coradams

Arachnoknight
Hello, I got over my arachnophobia when I took a job with a children's science museum where part of my job is to run the animal program which (I didn't realize) includes handling a G rosea. I think I went into a minor shock when my boss put her in my hand in front 20 children. I had to get over it then and there! I have come to enjoy working with the T at work so much that my husband bought my a B. smithii (hamorii?) for my last birthday. We are also hosting a wolf spider that came in when the weather turned cold and refused to go back outside. I am thinking of getting an arboreal next.

etd311

Arachnopeon
Hi everybody! My name's Everett and I've been reading the boards for a while, and decided to join. I just (like yesterday) got a female Texas Tan, my first tarantula.

Denis Potvin

Arachnopeon
Hello everyone,

I hope everyone is well. This is an awesome site. The information provided here is extremely helpful...thanks to everyone for sharing. I'd like to meet fellow hobbyists with the same interests, maybe even hobbyists from my area.

My name's Denis and I'm from Ontario, Canada. I'm also new to the hobby. I've had arachnophobia all my life. My earliest memory is of being an infant in my crib and watching a spider slowly descending towards me. I felt helpless and I remember crying and flailing around. I must've scared the spider because when it landed on me it bit me . All I remember about the spider was that it was shiny black with shortish legs compared to its body which to me appeared huge. I've been terrified of spiders ever since. My spiritual adviser/physic advised me that I had to face my fears because my fears were holding me back and interfering with my life. I decided to take her advise and purchased my first spiders. I fell in love with the hairy little guys. Now my collection is growing all the time and I've even begun caring for scorpions too. Maybe someday I'll try centipedes and more animals.

Last edited:

Rik Cuddy

Arachnosquire
Afternoon all!

I'm Rik and not new to the bug thing, but seem to have developed a hankering for a T. Have a few other animals of various descriptions, but the closest to a T are the two scorpions I have at the minute.

Been going over the forums and YouTube, as looking for a decent first time terrestrial T (already have the enclosure, just need to setup). After something that isn't just a pet hole!

Hannah Zoo

Arachnopeon
Hi I'm Hannah,

I currently own 2 Ts, and originally bought my a avic to get over my personal fear of Ts. I wanted to do this because I am a reptile enthusiast and will eventually be doing educational programs in schools. I thought, "If I can get kids over the fear of snakes then I should do the same with spiders, right?"

Now I own two Ts (A avic, C cyaneopubescens) and have plans to get many more. The reason why I fell in love with them is because of feeding. Just like my snakes, the feeding is an adrenaline rush! Tarantulas are the coolest "fish" I've ever owned and I love just how low maintenance they are, similar to my snakes
My plans (T purchases wise) is to get into dwarfs. I plan on getting a K brunnipes, C perezmilesi, and N incei this year. Possibly adding a Homoeomma species to my collection if I come across one.

I am studying Tarantulas in my free time, and hope to become a future advocate for these creatures :)

go dubia run

Arachnopeon
Hi,

I have the dubia roaches colony mainly for my tokay and crested geckos. With tarantulas/scorpions' feedings, I can put up my dubia roaches in extra use to maintain my roaches' population and filling up my man's cave with the inverts pets.

I would love to expand my "cold-blooded" collections into tarantulas and scorpions with my geckos and frogs/toads. I'm pretty familiarized with tarantulas as I have owned an pink toe and mexican red rump when I was younger; presumed they are males as I didn't have them lasted for more than two years.

Forward to learn and meet you all, perhaps making new friends and networks.

ahimoto

Arachnopeon
i am not new in tarantulas world. i had few sucsesfully parings ( C.C and Cembrige ) but at that moment i am growing 2 sons :) and P.Ornata.

Candybeetle

Arachnopeon
Hello, my name's Kelli, I'm from Ohio. I've always had an interest in insects/arachnids every since I was a small child, but was never really allowed to own them because of family member's irrational fears. Well, thankfully I'm an adult now and finally I have the opportunity to get into a hobby I've always wanted to be a part of.

I'm new to tarantulas, but not new to owning exotics. Snakes are my #1 passion, but Ts are quickly becoming my #2. I currently have one T, an A. Avicularia picked up at my local reptile expo a little over a month ago. (And let me just say - the vendor sure wasn't joking when he said this would become an addiction! haha.) I've already learned so much in the small amount of time I've had her, and have quickly acquired a newfound respect not only for these creatures, but for the hobbyists who care for them as well.

I hope to grow my collection as time goes on and learn as much as I can about these amazing animals!

KAK999

Arachnopeon
Hello everyone!

My name is Kailee, I am 25 years old. I’ve been obsessively reading forums on this site ever since I first decided to get a tarantula (about 6 months now), and now I’m 5 months into owning a b.albopilosum (she’s my first!) and she’s been growing and eating like a champ.

I joined because I figured why not, I spend enough time on here anyway!

I’ve already started thinking about my next T and really leaning towards the lasiadora parahybana because I want something big and impressive looking.

I’m excited to be a part of the T-loving community since nobody else ever wants to hear about my tarantula xD

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
I’ve already started thinking about my next T and really leaning towards the lasiadora parahybana because I want something big and impressive looking.
Welcome! If you're looking for other suggestions for what to get next, feel free to start a thread in Tarantula Chat.

GrizzlyBeare

Arachnopeon
Hi all
I’m Sooz/Suzy
New to here
Ive not managed to find a tarantulas anonymous group so I guess this is the nearest thing?!?

MrP

Arachnopeon
Hi everyone, the name's C.P. I'm new to the forum and tarantulas. I can't wait to get my own T. I have so many questions about where to begin.

Squalle

Arachnopeon
Hey all, my name is Squalle. I had a couple Rose Hairs when I was younger. Now I'm getting back into the hobby again. I'd like to make some friends in the hobby from other countries. I'd like to maybe see about getting some spiders that I can't find here in the US (Ohio). I would like to get a Redback or two and a Brown Recluse.

I've always been amazed by spiders. I've never killed them when I find them. They've always went outside (much to my wife's displeasement). They are fun to watch and I hope to have a large collection soon.

JANK

Arachnopeon
Hello, I joined hoping to find some uncommonly kept species from Australia/New Guinea.

Last edited by a moderator: