Introduce Yourself

TLSizzle

Arachnoknight
Hello! I figure it’s time I introduce myself. I’m Tiffany, live just south of Houston TX.
I currently do not own any arachnids. Seemed to stumble across this site after looking for what my T was that I briefly owned years ago. Turns out it was an A. Hentzi. It was wild caught, didn’t seem too happy with me so I released it after a short while. That was before the internet was full of useful information. Hadn’t much of an idea on what I was doing.
Over the years I’ve grown to have some sort of arachnophobia. Not so much with T’s but when I look in the ‘True Spider’ threads I get the chills. Except for the cute jumpers of course. This site is helping me and along the way I’m learning a lot!
It’s great seeing a nice open community of people who adore and respect their species. So while I may not post a lot, I’m here!
See y’all around.

laservet

Arachnopeon
Hi. I'm Paul, live in SE Virginia. I'm looking into acquiring a tarantula (wife approval pending) and am finding this site a trove of info. I'm a companion animal and exotic animal veterinarian, have been doing it for 38 years. I've had tarantulas in the very distant past, wild caught in the western US. I've bred snakes (150 breeding pair at one point), chameleons and other nonbeginner lizards, amphibians, venomous snakes. What I haven't had in a very long time is something small, quick and venomous. I'll pop in with questions as they arise. One of my hobbies is macrophotography and one of my goals in having a tarantula is to get some nice close up macro shots. I've posted a few shots in the gallery, will add as time permits.

Again, very nice site!

Xhyce

Arachnopeon
Hello! I've been a member for a little bit but have never posted, so I figured I may as well hop in.

My name is Amanda and I live in Seattle, WA.

I've always loved animals and had cats for most of my life. As all my old feline friends passed away, I turned to Reptile keeping. I currently have a Bearded Dragon (Male - Goblin), a Leopard Gecko (Male - Ichabod "Icky" Crane), an Indonesian Blue Tongue Skink (Chicken Nugget), a Crested Gecko (Marigold), a Pinstripe Ball Python (Female - Nagini), and a Oketee Cornsnake (Female - Windshield "Winny" Wiper). I then ventured a tiny bit into Amphibians with a pair of Fire Bellied toads (Heckel and Jeckel), and a pair of Poison Dart Frogs (Moon and Sky). I also have a pair of naughty female (formerly feeder) mice (Janet and Sharon), a fluffy black Syrian Hamster (Male - Smokey), and the sweetest black Havana bun bun (Male - Ozzy).

By falling down a deep and mysterious YouTube rabbit hole, I found Tom Moran's videos and soon fell in love with Tarantulas. Between Tom and Petko, I could spend all day watching Tarantula videos. So my adventure began.. and failed and failed.. and then began again.

First, I did some rather poor research on Caribena Versacolor and had 2 slings die on me back to back. Tom's videos luckily set me back on track and after a couple of months, I decided I'd try again. So far, she's (assumed, sorry baby) doing wonderfully and has molted a few times and loves to scare the bejeezus out of me every time I feed her. I then picked up a Brachypelma albopilosum, or as I call him/her, Curly. Amazingly fast growing and so fun to watch. Genuinely seems at least curious and is always out and about causing a ruckus in it's enclosure. Then, I picked up a Pamphobeteus antinous. A bit more reclusive at first, it's just now starting to come out to sit in view. Most recently, I picked up a Lasiodora parahybana sling that has a whole lot of spunk.

Anyways, I'm glad to be here and have already learned a lot by just lurking the threads. I appreciate that this place exists and look forward to more knowledge and acquaintances that understand my liking of Tarantulas.

Opalesce

Arachnopeon
I'm Victoria and I live in Alberta Canada.

I've had a vast array of animals over the years, but never arachnids. I used to think they were kind of creepy, but a good friend of mine has recently acquired three and they've sparked an interest in me. Hoping to get one this summer/fall and learn things here before I make a final decision.

crunchr

Arachnopeon
Hi everyone! I'm Eros from Indonesia. I am new to this forum and new to T's.

I currently own a Blue-tongued skink, a dumpy frog, 4 leopard geckos, a sulcata tortoise, a crocodile skink, 2 siamese fighting fishes, a freshwater fish tank and 5 T's.
For T's, 1 B. Vagans, 1 N. Chromatus, 1 B. Emilia, 1 B. Alopilosum and 1 OBT.
I'm looking forward to expand my collection and meet new friends here.

Last edited:

AlynnBity

Arachnopeon
Hello,
I am new here and from Germany. I was first logged in to a German forum because I do not speak English that well. There, however, the help, activity and respect left a lot to be desired and today I have decided to try it here in this forum.
I'm going to use Google Translator for most communication, which has always worked very well for me so far. If there are any mistakes, please excuse me. Main thing you understand what I want to say.;)

I am a beginner in this area and have only started to be interested in these animals through my friend (who is a beginner himself). At first I was against it because I had this socially aroused disgust with these animals.
But already in July 2017, when I held the chosen Brachypelma hamorii on the way back in her can, I was more fascinated than scared. The curiosity became bigger and bigger and since November 2017 I have my own little monster, a 1.0 Brachypelma boehmei ♥
I will introduce myself and my tarantula in detail in a separate thread.
I am pleased to be here and I am curious how it is here.

Warm greetings from Germany:)

KeetahSpacecat

Arachnopeon
Hello, my name is Keetah! I live in Pennsylvania and I have been keeping millipedes for over a year now. I've been wanting to branch out and find other milli friends. I have a few on twitter I talk to, but it'll be nice to find other people who love these rollie pollies as much as I do :3

Nutcracker

Arachnopeon
Hi, I am Kyle and live near Dallas, TX. I have just started back into the hobby after a 20 year lapse. I caught an A. Hentzi when I was a pre-teen and it was killed by my mother. She also killed my Spectacled Caiman around this same time. I got back into the hobby by my young son expressing a lot of interest in spiders.

It has been a month or so but we have a C. cyaneopubescens, C. versicolor, and an A. seemanni. The first two are about 1" and the A. seemanni is about 5". I am suspecting we were sold a near MM but have not had a clear view under it or a molt yet.

Glad to be on the board now instead of lurking around.

Dstnfx

Arachnopeon
Hello I’m Dustin and I live in Kentucky. I’m new to the hobby, got an interest for tarantulas from my wife, who has kept a Chilean rose for nearly 12 years. I have just obtained my first T which is a pink toe. I’ve came here to learn more and make friends in the hobby.

RippiArts

Arachnopeon
Hi all, my name is Alena and I've just signed up to Arachnoboards few minutes ago and am trying to find my way around at the moment.

I do not actually have any tarantulas nor do I really plan on having any in the future, living ones that is... However I have started making crochet tarantulas last year as a hobby.
Knowing nothing about tarantulas I am dependent on google search (which is very confusing at times) and I thought it would be great to get an opinion/advice/inspiration from real tarantula enthusiasts.

P1030418.JPG

That's me in a nut shell, just an artsy person making tarantulas.

Nutcracker

Arachnopeon
Hi all, my name is Alena and I've just signed up to Arachnoboards few minutes ago and am trying to find my way around at the moment.

I do not actually have any tarantulas nor do I really plan on having any in the future, living ones that is... However I have started making crochet tarantulas last year as a hobby.
Knowing nothing about tarantulas I am dependent on google search (which is very confusing at times) and I thought it would be great to get an opinion/advice/inspiration from real tarantula enthusiasts.

View attachment 274294

That's me in a nut shell, just an artsy person making tarantulas.
Very nice work!

tarantulaguns

Arachnopeon
Hello!
I'm new to the forum. I got my first tarantula three years ago, a B. Albopilosum female. A year later I got my G. Pulchripes, and now I have slings of the following: Bumba cabocla, E. Murinus, B. Vagans, G Rosea, A. hentzi, B. Smithi, G. Pulchra, and a mystery species from Fear Not Tarantulas!

Edit: I also have been keeping reptiles for over 6 years and have quite an extensive collection

Keke713

Arachnoknight
Hey guys name Chris! New to the hobby and to the board! Im 29 and live in Pasadena Texas! (Outside Houston) if anyone lives in this area plz feel free to message me!

fluffykitten

Arachnopeon
Hello there! I'm Alice & I live in northern Virginia. I'm new to the forum and I really like tarantulas; they remind me of tiny fluffy kittens. I actually have a terrifying fear of centipedes, but I'm hoping I can get over my fear of centipedes and actually own a pet centipede one day. It's nice to meet you all and I look forward to discussing centipedes and seeing all your arachnid pets! B)

Turkish Bread

Arachnopeon
Hey there! I don't own a spider yet and I never have before but I really want one and will probably get one soon but I just wanna know how to take care of a spider and which one to get for first timers. And I would like to make some spider loving friends as well

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
Hey there! I don't own a spider yet and I never have before but I really want one and will probably get one soon but I just wanna know how to take care of a spider and which one to get for first timers. And I would like to make some spider loving friends as well
Welcome! If you want advice on which species to get, feel free to start a thread in Tarantula Chat.

EulersK made these videos highlighting some beginner species:

Tomoran also has these recommendations for beginner species:

AngelDeVille

Fuk Da Meme Police
Hey all,

I had a beloved Chilean Rose and an Emperor Scorpion many years ago before the interwebz, or at least before I was on it.

My 5 year old had gotten me back into the hobby!

We jumped off the deep end with a Lasiodora Parahybana sling we purchased locally, and while shopping online for supplies.... I now I have a Nhandu Chromatus sling on the way....

We are looking forward to watching them grow into beautiful adults.

I had never realized the varieties of Tarantulas available.

Rmille34

Arachnopeon
Hey! I've been on this page for YEARS but never had a reason to post. I've recently acquired some scorpions and tarantulas and decided that I needed to up my knowledge base. I educate kids and families about our local reptile species here in Texas and keep inverts on the side. I also currently have hissing cockroach and red runner breeding tubs going for food and education! Thanks!! Looking forward to increasing my knowledge base with all of you!