Introduce Yourself

lancealot2020

Arachnopeon
Hi All I'm Lance I'm very new to the forums. I used to have a couple rose hairs, wanting to get back into keeping them. I'm Canadian eh!! came searching to see how to sex them and here I'am

1929501_23334145446_8079_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Aestas

Arachnopeon
Hello,
I'm Aestas, living in Germany and I joined this forum a few minutes ago. I found it through google while looking a bit through tarantula informations and thought I might as well join.
A few years ago I owned a Brachypelma emilia female which I gave away to my former boss when he moved away.
A few weeks ago I started this hobby again (my current tarantulas are listed in my profile^^) and now I ask myself why I waited for so long to do so :D
If anyone wants to talk with me feel free to do so! :)

JackJackula

Arachnopeon
Hi my name is Jack and I'm from Nebraska. I've wanted a tarantula and have looked at this forum for many years and now that I'm in college I finally went out this April and got my first three Ts: G. pulchripes, P. cambridgei, and a P. irminia
All of them are slings under 1". I am definitely excited about being in this hobby and already have three more tarantulas in my shopping cart!

Tearsacid

Arachnopeon
Hilo from Texas everyone!

I'm a long time lurker here & glad to have finally joined up. I've been keeping arachnids, reptiles, marsupials, amphibians, insects, exotics, commons, plants, aquariums... and whatever else for 20+ years since I was a kid. I'm interested in all things natural & its truly amazing to find like minded people. I don't know about you guys but I usually don't get along well with non-animal lovers as friends & in relationships.

When it comes to tarantulas, I've only ever kept a few common terrestrials & random rescues from a friend. I gave them all away when I moved for work except for 1 tiny LP a few years back & shes still with me (or he). JUST 2 DAYS AGO I started back with a few tarantulas that have only been researched & dreamt of for years. Lol
It will be great to learn & get to know all of you =)

Hi Anne! I love those little moon/rainbow land crabs & I've had a few. 1 really interesting thing about them is that both spiders and crabs show a lot of common traits and are actually in the same Phylum! cool stuff

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
Picture is gone? curious maybe I was not allowed to post a picture? or maybe I have to post under sexing? please advise!!
This was due to some technical problems. That being said, here is where you should post sexing requests:

How to submit images:
  1. Click the above link.
  2. Click "Add Media" (near the upper-right corner).
  3. Select "Upload an image from your files" (should be selected by default).
  4. Click "Upload Image."
  5. Select the image file on your computer or phone.
  6. Add a title (preferably including the scientific species name) and description.
  7. Click "Save Media."

When attempting to sex a tarantula, you want to focus on the area between the first pair of book lungs (the pair closer to the head).
The bottom-left picture is of the inside of the abdominal exuviae to confirm the results of ventral sexing.

Daley

Arachnopeon
Hi,

My name is Daley, I am somewhere in my twenties and reside in the UK. I started to show an interest towards less commonly kept pets in my late teens and I have been an occasional lurker for quite some time now. I thought I would join this forum now that I have finally got my very first scorpion.

Nice to meet you all!

NateMesa

Arachnopeon
Hello all!
I found this page while looking up info on AZ Bark Scorpions. We have plenty of them in the back yard and I started to collect them in a 10 gallon tank. No we have gravid females and some babies running around. I just moved to AZ from the midwest about 1 year ago. I am completely green when it comes to scorpions. I don't like seeing them exterminated though. At first, I would catch 5-10 and release them way out in the desert. This is the first time I have had babies and mommys though. I want to learn about caring for them as I have no clue. Thanks in advance for all your help here. They are an awesome species!

Euscorpius

Arachnopeon
Hi,
I am Alessandro from Friuli, Italy. Always fascinated by little critters since I was a child, now I work as an explainer at a butterfly house.
My first pet-invertebrates were Phyllium giganteum (giant leaf insects), and I have kept quite a lot Phasmid species in the past. I also keep and breed tropical fish, some of them originating from puddles in the African Savannah that drain completely during the dry season.
One night I found an adult female Scutigera coleoptrata (house centipede) and... I just started collecting centipedes and scorpions like I do with orchids! Except those "arachnopets" are all WC, and I'm planning to breed them. My avatar picture is a little Euscorpius sp. glowing under UV light.
I have recently acquired a male Scolopendra dehaani (I sexed him using the "drowning method" I read about here) so after some weeks of lurking I decided to join the forum!

Jotunn

Arachnopeon
Greetings citizens,

I am Kristoff. Canadian powerlifter and T collector. It is a pleasure to be here.

Nikolas

Arachnopeon
Hello to everyone, we are from Greece and we have recently starting the hobby! Thank you for accept us in your community! cheers from Thessaloniki

bananahead

Arachnopeon
Hi everyone,

My name is Alex, and I'm a tarantula addict!!
I've been lurking here for a while. I spend a lot of time reading and gaining knowledge and I figured I should say hello! I currently keep 14 species. My last addition was a beautiful A. Avic from Jason (gottarantulas). Looking forward to adding more beautiful T's to my family. Take care everyone!

Last edited:

EmilyandPica

Arachnopeon
Hello from Montana! I,m a new tarantula owner and have had my little one about a week. She,s been hiding for 2 days now but i,m kinda just letting her do her thing. Hoping to gain some knowledge on the best ways to take care of her. She,s my baby...but only you guys could understand that. Happy I found this place.

Golmas

Arachnopeon
Hi my name is Dave I am just restarting in the hobby after missing it for a couple of years I was collection tarantulas for 10 yrs and due to personal reasons had to give up my collection so am now looking forward to learning a bit more about these fantastic creatures we have in the hobby

Swede Baboon

Baboons are life
Hey There !!

User formerly known as SwedeBaboon here ;)

Due to some events i got my email closed so couldnt reset the password etc etc so created a new account instead.

Howdy yall ;)

PS: Chris... im now a proud owner of a Queen ... PBUH :jimlad::jimlad::jimlad:

Ray Lence

Arachnopeon
Hi, folks)
My name is Stephan, but you may refer to me as Ray.
I live in Kyev, Ukraine
I'm 28, molecular biologist by eduation, researcher by occupation. My specialization is NACH-receptors and snake venom neurotoxins, mostly use of them in sphere of medicine and health care.
My hobbies are - travelling, 3D-graphics, painting, photography, moutain bike and music. Also I write short sci-fi stores and pop-science articles from time to time.
My spider is Brachypelma hamorii (Ex-smitti), a mexican red-knee "teenage' (L8) girl named Maria Huana (Basically she is Maria-Alberta-Diego-Huanna De la Serna, but I prefer to stick to "Maria" or "My little Spider Goddes" or "My Cute Abomination"). That nasty unpredictible werid-acting fluffy red-n-black little hybrid of ninja and sewing machine is my first ever spider.
Though as a biologist, I've got quite ok amount of theoretical knowledge, I sometimes desperately lack practice with spiders, so consider myself a newbie.

And thats basically all that comes to my mind right now. Nice to meet you all and thx for support I've already got from community)

Dragonqueen

Arachnopeon
Hey All,

Welcome to Arachnoboards. Please take a moment to introduce yourself. Let us know who you are and what brings you here.

Feel free to post a picture of yourself here.

This thread is for personal introductions only, please let us know what inverts you have here.

Hope you enjoy your stay :D

The Arachnoboards Team
I'm sorry I don't know how to use this yet! I'm Cheyenne a first time tarantula owner, I just got a Guyana pink toe her name is Eva. I finally became a member here after relying on you guys for all of my enclosure questions first week worries so thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:

MikeofBorg

Arachnosquire
Hello, my name is Mike. I from Lima OH. Or as we like to call it Little Chicago. Trust me, visit Findlay 30 miles north, skip Lima. LOL

I am 43. Married with 2 kids, 3 dogs, 5 cats, 1 bunny, 2 aquariums, 1 salamander and 4 Ts. The Ts are the easiest to care for by far, my Discus tank constantly needs water changes to keep nitrates down or Discus go belly up quick. Discus are just sensitive fish, plus they also need reverse osmosis water. Anyway I could go on for days about breeding and caring for Discus and German Blue Ram cichlids.

I spent 13 years in the United States Army. Been stationed in Korea twice 4-7 Cav (Custer's Regiment), Germany with 1-1 Cav, Fort Drum NY with 1-10th Attack Helicopter Battalion, Fort Campbell KY with 1-160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment (SOAR) and numerous TDYs to places like Panama, Costa Rica, Texas, Haiti etc.

I got into Tarantulas on a whim. I saw my male A. avicularia in terrible conditions at a pet store so I took him home.(I know a no no) I had seen them in the wild and messed with them in Costa Rica. They are the spiders that get in your house down there like house spiders are here. Kind of cool actually. I'm sure they find our spiders as fascinating as we do theirs. My collection has grown since that purchase 2 years ago to include an A. seemanni male, A. chalcodes female and my B. hamorri sling. Hopefully I can grow it a bit bigger, but that depends on the Mrs. LOL

Vsyop

Arachnopeon
Good evening, Martin from Toronto, Ontario Canada. Looking for information on Scolopendra and buying one. I have a house centipede that I've taken care for 2 years now. Ready to make the move on to a giant. Any help would be greatly appreciated !

Attachments

Storymaster92

Arachnopeon
My name's Jt been in n out of the hobby for some personal reasons but now I'm back again . Got t's, scorpions, several types of millipedes, baby giant Vietnamese, blue phase tiger centipede pill bugs. And plan to get more