1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Introduce Yourself

Discussion in 'Welcome To Arachnoboards' started by Arachnoboards, May 16, 2005.

1. Advertisement
    Hi All I'm Lance I'm very new to the forums. I used to have a couple rose hairs, wanting to get back into keeping them. I'm Canadian eh!! came searching to see how to sex them and here I'am

2. 1929499_24827925446_5016_n.jpg I no longer have this one but I'd like to hear the sex of this one?

3. Aestas

Aestas Arachnopeon

Germany
    Hello,
    I'm Aestas, living in Germany and I joined this forum a few minutes ago. I found it through google while looking a bit through tarantula informations and thought I might as well join.
    A few years ago I owned a Brachypelma emilia female which I gave away to my former boss when he moved away.
    A few weeks ago I started this hobby again (my current tarantulas are listed in my profile^^) and now I ask myself why I waited for so long to do so :D
    If anyone wants to talk with me feel free to do so! :)

4. JackJackula

JackJackula Arachnopeon

Hi my name is Jack and I'm from Nebraska. I've wanted a tarantula and have looked at this forum for many years and now that I'm in college I finally went out this April and got my first three Ts: G. pulchripes, P. cambridgei, and a P. irminia
    All of them are slings under 1". I am definitely excited about being in this hobby and already have three more tarantulas in my shopping cart!

5. Tearsacid

Tearsacid Arachnopeon

Texas
    Hilo from Texas everyone!

I'm a long time lurker here & glad to have finally joined up. I've been keeping arachnids, reptiles, marsupials, amphibians, insects, exotics, commons, plants, aquariums... and whatever else for 20+ years since I was a kid. I'm interested in all things natural & its truly amazing to find like minded people. I don't know about you guys but I usually don't get along well with non-animal lovers as friends & in relationships.

When it comes to tarantulas, I've only ever kept a few common terrestrials & random rescues from a friend. I gave them all away when I moved for work except for 1 tiny LP a few years back & shes still with me (or he). JUST 2 DAYS AGO I started back with a few tarantulas that have only been researched & dreamt of for years. Lol
    It will be great to learn & get to know all of you =)

Hi Anne! I love those little moon/rainbow land crabs & I've had a few. 1 really interesting thing about them is that both spiders and crabs show a lot of common traits and are actually in the same Phylum! cool stuff

6. Picture is gone? curious maybe I was not allowed to post a picture? or maybe I have to post under sexing? please advise!!

7. Ungoliant

Ungoliant Malleus Aranearum Staff Member

This was due to some technical problems. That being said, here is where you should post sexing requests:

How to submit images:
    1. Click the above link.
    2. Click "Add Media" (near the upper-right corner).
    3. Select "Upload an image from your files" (should be selected by default).
    4. Click "Upload Image."
    5. Select the image file on your computer or phone.
    6. Add a title (preferably including the scientific species name) and description.
    7. Click "Save Media."

When attempting to sex a tarantula, you want to focus on the area between the first pair of book lungs (the pair closer to the head).
    The bottom-left picture is of the inside of the abdominal exuviae to confirm the results of ventral sexing.

8. Daley

Daley Arachnopeon

UK
    Hi,

My name is Daley, I am somewhere in my twenties and reside in the UK. I started to show an interest towards less commonly kept pets in my late teens and I have been an occasional lurker for quite some time now. I thought I would join this forum now that I have finally got my very first scorpion.

Nice to meet you all!

9. NateMesa

NateMesa Arachnopeon

Hello all!
    I found this page while looking up info on AZ Bark Scorpions. We have plenty of them in the back yard and I started to collect them in a 10 gallon tank. No we have gravid females and some babies running around. I just moved to AZ from the midwest about 1 year ago. I am completely green when it comes to scorpions. I don't like seeing them exterminated though. At first, I would catch 5-10 and release them way out in the desert. This is the first time I have had babies and mommys though. I want to learn about caring for them as I have no clue. Thanks in advance for all your help here. They are an awesome species!

10. Euscorpius

Euscorpius Arachnopeon

Italy
    Hi,
    I am Alessandro from Friuli, Italy. Always fascinated by little critters since I was a child, now I work as an explainer at a butterfly house.
    My first pet-invertebrates were Phyllium giganteum (giant leaf insects), and I have kept quite a lot Phasmid species in the past. I also keep and breed tropical fish, some of them originating from puddles in the African Savannah that drain completely during the dry season.
    One night I found an adult female Scutigera coleoptrata (house centipede) and... I just started collecting centipedes and scorpions like I do with orchids! Except those "arachnopets" are all WC, and I'm planning to breed them. My avatar picture is a little Euscorpius sp. glowing under UV light.
    I have recently acquired a male Scolopendra dehaani (I sexed him using the "drowning method" I read about here) so after some weeks of lurking I decided to join the forum!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Chris LXXIX

Chris LXXIX Arachnoemperor Active Member

Dov'è la casa delle farfalle? :playful:

12. Euscorpius

Euscorpius Arachnopeon

Italy
    @Chris LXXIX è la Casa delle farfalle di Bordano.
    Che bello incontrare un connazionale da queste parti!

13. Chris LXXIX

Chris LXXIX Arachnoemperor Active Member

Da quando sono qui sei il terzo Italiano che incontro :)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Jotunn

Jotunn Arachnopeon

Ontario
    Greetings citizens,

I am Kristoff. Canadian powerlifter and T collector. It is a pleasure to be here.

15. Nikolas

Nikolas Arachnopeon

Greece
    Hello to everyone, we are from Greece and we have recently starting the hobby! Thank you for accept us in your community! cheers from Thessaloniki

16. bananahead

bananahead Arachnopeon

Hi everyone,

My name is Alex, and I'm a tarantula addict!!
    I've been lurking here for a while. I spend a lot of time reading and gaining knowledge and I figured I should say hello! I currently keep 14 species. My last addition was a beautiful A. Avic from Jason (gottarantulas). Looking forward to adding more beautiful T's to my family. Take care everyone!

Last edited: Jun 18, 2018 at 4:29 PM