1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Enclosure/Terrarium Pictures

Discussion in 'Vivariums and Terrariums' started by Arachnoboards, Jul 31, 2005.

1. HybridReplicate

HybridReplicate Spectrostatic Arachnosupporter

US
    Advertisement
    Mini helmet case? It's a great size. I very much like the interior design!

Construction-wise I worry that there may not be adequate ventilation. I ended up adding a great number of holes after mine was a stagnant bog.it will help with convenience & containment to cut the lid about 1/3 of the way up & install a hinge. @CyclingSam has a tutorial:

Nicely done!

2. CyclingSam

CyclingSam Arachnopeon

Here is a little more in-depth tutorial I did if you are interested. These are pretty self explanatory though. making it so the lid can open freely is the only tricky part.

3. user 666

user 666 Arachnosquire Active Member

Arboreal

Here is my second arboreal enclosure based on a Hobby Lobby display case (5.5 x 6.5 x 8.5). This one has the same basic build as the first, only with more air holes, an extra vine, and a different water dish.

It is going to house an avic which is arriving today.

Attached Files:

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. X3MIST

X3MIST Arachnopeon

Manila
    10"Wx10"Hx24"L Terrestrial enclosure with magnet locks, hasp locks, drop down door and setup.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  5. HybridReplicate

HybridReplicate Spectrostatic Arachnosupporter

US
    Wow. Custom made?

6. X3MIST

X3MIST Arachnopeon

Manila
    Yes

7. user 666

user 666 Arachnosquire Active Member

This is my second terrestrial "show case" enclosure.

It's based on a Hobby Lobby mini helmet display case (5.5 x 6.5 x 8.5) with about 3" of substrate. There is a lot of moss, parts of 4 different plants from Hobby Lobby, and underneath the plants is a cork bark hide.

This was built for an M robustum. It wasn't suitable for that fossorial species, so I took the plants out and added more substrate. But I didn't want to let this work go to waste.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Yolotli

Yolotli Arachnopeon Active Member

IMG_8209.JPG
    Terrestrial with leaf litter
    Heterometrus petersii
    Started experimenting with putting leaf litter on the substrate to better simulate a forest floor.