1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Enclosure/Terrarium Pictures

Discussion in 'Vivariums and Terrariums' started by Arachnoboards, Jul 31, 2005.

1. Advertisement
    Nice little setup, though pointless to put Irminia in there lol. Put my girl in a 12x12x18 and she rarely ever leaves cork round, no effort to explore from what I've seen!

RMJ, cool tanks man! Would love to see more and learn more about the set ups.

2. vespers

vespers Arachnobaron Active Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Dendrobates leucomelas vivarium
    24x18x36 Exo Terra

• Like Like x 8
  3. viper69

viper69 ArachnoGod Old Timer

Very nice Vespers!! Definitely inspires me to keep going in this direction. The more pics the merrier. Did the branch on the right develop plants on it? Or is it artificial cage furniture? Either way it looks very nice. What LED lighting system are you using?

• Like Like x 2
  4. vespers

Thanks, man...the branch is a tree fern log. The plant at the top is a black rabbit's foot fern (Davallia trichomanoides), and the small vines with round leaves growing down it are Peperomia prostrata. The small leaved vine growing up the log is Ficus pumilia 'Minima'. And there's at least 2 different types of moss growing on it. Except for one of the mosses, I planted those there myself and let them take off. The lighting is one of the 22" LED bars sold by Tincman Herps.

• Like Like x 1
  5. viper69

@vespers would you clear your inbox please. I'm sure it's full because of PM. I have saved all the info you kindly provided. I have a reply to send you based on the previous info and some additional research since last communicating.

Just let me know when it's not full.;)

6. vespers

Hopefully its cleared up some now, I wasn't exactly sure how to do it on this newer version of the forum.

• Like Like x 1
  7. viper69

It's NOT intuitive at all. I had to give Poec a crash course not long ago.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Hias

Hias Arachnopeon

Germany
    B. auratum and P. irminia

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  9. viper69

Very nice looking. I wish you had a build thread for these. Where did the irminia take up residence?

What did you use to make the background wall in both setups, and how did you do it?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Hias

Hias Arachnopeon

Germany
    Its very simple to build such Terras. Just go into the forest and look for "Things". The substrate is loamy soil (or earth?) from there. The background is also made of loamy soil. Simply press it down firmly.
    Maybe i will make a build thread for the next one :)
    For the irminia: I hoped she would build up her home in the barktube to the left. But no, she is hiding in front under the bough :D

Sry, if my english inst perfect. Its not my native language.

Btw: Thats my first Terra ever made for my G. porteri, but im not so happy about it.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 12, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  11. viper69

Danke

Your English is far better than my German ;) A build thread would be quite helpful. There are a lot of details we do in building that aren't obvious with the pictures.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2016
  12. Hias

Hias Arachnopeon

Germany
    Update: Now with Hedera helix.
    Her webbing is over the left plant.

Im happy now :)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 13, 2016
  13. vespers

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. IMG_0729.JPG Terrestrial

Grammostola pulchra In a 32 oz deli cup.

15. Oh I'm sorry that was totally an accident.Undid

• Like Like x 1
  16. no new post at this section?!

17. a great enclosure setup this is great for a rainforest tarantula right?!

18. vespers

This vivarium is for dart frogs though. You could possibly do something similar for an arboreal rainforest tarantula, with a few modifications. But that enclosure size would be overkill for any tarantula (Its 3 ft tall, 2 feet wide, and 1 1/2 feet deep).

19. its really large terrarium this is my rainforest enclo...the size is 12 Length x 8 width x 8 Height

Attached Files:

20. Terrestrial

Grammostola pulchra In a 32 oz deli cup.

Attached Files: