Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Vivariums and Terrariums' started by Arachnoboards, Jul 31, 2005.
Holy crap sTop the top enclosure is amazing! What's the species?
Betta cup enclosure for A. versicolor sling. The bottom moss is (I think) Thuidium delicatulum. The moss on the bark is some random tropical moss from my crested gecko vivarium.
The Grammostola desert nursery.
Keeping it simple. I've used a gold colored clay from the forest, leaving little roots and moss bits in (and oven baking to kill off anything living in it). It's too heavy to use in large amounts, but in these smaller amounts they love it. It's not dusty and looks desert like without using sand. Most of them dug out caves under the bark right away, then sculpted out landscapes around them that they bind with silk and change around every few days.
4 G. pulchra to the left, 4 G. pulchripes to the right. The pulchra on the top left is the only one that isn't really into digging around, at least for now, and likes hanging out in full view. the two larger 2.5"-ish pulchripes mostly stay up top as well. They're just hiding from being moved around for dusting.
my arboreal enclosures
its Lasiodora Striatipes sir...much appreciated that you like it
My Poecilotheria Metallica setup
can someone can show their Lasiodora sp. Striatipes Enclosure setup pls?!?!?!
My P. Pulcher setup... thought was female and then just hooked out
For female P. Rufilata
Update on the mini naturalistic vivarium for my Avic. versicolor sling. It looks a lot better in real life. idk why my camera likes to focus on the plastic when I try to take a side picture.
Terrestrial- 3-7/16" sq. x 4-7/16" h
Container: http://www.containerstore.com/s/clear-flush-lid-amac-boxes/d?productId=10028594&q=Clear box
Moss covered branches: Petco
I first used a sautor iron for the holes but they weren't even, so I used a drill to make them even.
These are great! Did you make these custom yourself?
Very simple aboreal Setup for a juvenil T.
size: 20*20*30 cm
T. stirmi set up - 36in x 18in x 18in with 4-6 inches (was deeper but has compacted over time) of coco fiber /potting soil mix. Hygrotherm hooked to red heat lamp and ultrasonic fogger with day temp at 84F with a 6 to 8 degree drop at night. Live plants are
Episcia cupreata 'Silver Skies' and Philodendron cordatum 'Lemon' The water dish was removed for cleaning. Can't say I've ever seen her drink from it though...
Dendrobates tinctorius 'Azureus' vivarium
36"W x 18"L x 18"H
Arboreal Set up.
Species: A. Avic
Cork Bark is completely hollow, and opens up in the bottom Left end as a viewing window into the Hide.
Hard to see due to my Crappy phone camera, but a few small chunks of moss throughout the Actual cork bark itself.
This is one I set up for my P. irminia for once she outgrows her current enclosure, hoping she either uses the cork tube or makes a web tube in the back corner
Rehomed my seemanni today
This one is based on a Hobby Lobby display case (5.5 x 6.5 x 8.5) and is my first attempt at an arboreal enclosure with minimal substrate. The current occupant is an S calceatum whose previous home was short of ventilation and decoration. (it was a rush build for a 3.5" T which was supposed to be a 1.5" T)
The base is a coco fiber sheet (find it in the hermit crab section) with about an inch of moss, a handful of coco fiber substrate, and a water dish. Along the back are a cork bark tube (open at both ends), a twig, and a section of plastic vine wrapped around the twig.
The vine, twig, and tube were hot glued into the enclosure, and so is the coco fiber sheet.
All in all I am pleased with the look but if I had to do it again I would distress the edges of the fiber sheet and use a vine which wasn't so beat up. (But I am going to wait for critiques before trying again, anyway.)