Enclosure/Terrarium Pictures

Arachnoboards

Arachnoboards Team
Staff member
Post 'em here folks!

It would be excellent to have a virtual full-color catalogue of different methods for housing our collections.

Here are the rules for posting:

1) NO banter or conversation. Any off-topic posting will be deleted.

2) Provide a brief description, the size of the enclosure (if it's not obvious from the picture), and specify which species it was designed for.

3) In the subject line please specify; Arboreal, Burrowing, or Terrestrial to make scanning the various pages more efficient. If there is something totally unique with your design, feel free to modify the subject. Example;
Terrestrial with pirrana pond

4) If you need more information on a specific terrarium, private message the poster, rather than starting a new thread asking about a terrarium, or inquiring in the enclosure thread.

Enjoy! We look forward to seeing your contributions! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

becca81

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Terrestrial

5 gallon tank

Designed for juvenile T. blondi. 60/40 peat moss / vermaculite substrate, cork bark, artificial leaves, and buried flowerpot hide.

Designed for sub-adult B. smithi. 60/40 peat moss / vermaculite substrate, glazed ceramic water dish (so it will not leak), and flowerpot hide.

Last edited:

becca81

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Terrestrial

"Tupperware"-style containers - Martha Stewart brand, purchased at KMart, stackable.

Designed for large slings / juveniles. (I've used this for P. murinus RCF, B. vagans, A. hentzi, A. geniculata, and T. blondi)

Typically 60/40 peat moss / vermaculite substrate, small water dish (some type of lid), and small flowerpot hide (can be purchased at arts and crafts stores).

jbrd

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Terrestrial

36X18X16 breeder tank with sliding top screen, designed for a T.blondi, six bricks of bed-a-beast with rocks from New Mexico and plastic plants. Exoterra hide with a half log buried under that reaching to the far corner. Large plastic water dish.

Terrestrial set-up for G.rosea.
20X10X12, regular ten gallon tank with pull off top screen with two half logs and a piece of drift wood with holes drilled into it for plastic plants. two bricks of bed-a-beast. Ceramic water dish.
The rosie has since did alot of excavating to suit her needs lol

becca81

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Arboreal

10 gallon tank

Standard 10 gallon tank with hinged screen lid. There are 3 screen clips used, two on the sides and one at the top. The two on the sides are hot-glued into place.

I recommend using plexi-glass or packing tape (sticky side facing out) to decrease ventilation *slighty*.

Designed for sub-adult A. avicularia. 100% vermaculite substrate, cork bark, artificial flower stem, water dish glued to side (near top) and another water dish on the floor.

Small display cubes
(purchased at arts and crafts stores such as Michael's)

Designed for A. avicularia slings. 100% vermaculite substrate, artificial flower stem.

Last edited:

becca81

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Terrestrial Spiderlings

Small display "cubes" - purchased at an arts and crafts store such as Michael's.

Some have 100% peat moss substrate, some have 60/40 peat moss / vermaculite substrate (recommended), small piece of cork bark, and/or small flowerpot hide.

jbrd

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Terrestrial to semi-Arboreal

4X4X5 Plastic enclosure for a C.cyaneopubescens from Michaels. Many holes drilled for ventilation. One cup of 60/30 bed-a-beast and vermiculite small water dish and a dragon for exercise.
Has since webbed up the enclosure and favorite perch is between the wings behind the neck.

jbrd

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Terrestrial

This is a 2.5X2.5X5 plastic enclosure from Michaels that work great for my G.aureostriata (shown in pic) and P.murinus slings. Again i used a 60/30 of bed-a-beast and vermiculite, enough for burrowing or climbing Added some air holes for circulation and plastic plants for decorations.
This set-up has worked great for the ten slings so far.

shogun804

Arachnogeneral
Old Timer
1). Large critter keeper set up for C. cyaneopubescens.

2). Semi arboreal, one large rock halfway into peat moss for support, one artificial plant secured with hot glue, one rock under artificial plant all used for a webbing base. substrate 100% dry peat moss, one deep water dish.

Attachments

Last edited:

shogun804

Arachnogeneral
Old Timer
1). 10 gallon tank, turned on its side (vertical) set up for P. regalis

2). Arboreal. 2 pieces of cork bark held together by hot glue and a grove cut out by me so they fit together better, a few fake plants secured by hot glue to the cork bark, one large water dish including rocks for prey that might fall into it, plexi glass front hinged lid with .25" holes drilled in it. 100% dry peat moss for substrate, secured with "sticky" hooks and rubber bands.

Attachments

shogun804

Arachnogeneral
Old Timer
1) Small Critter Keeper, set up for A huriana.

2). Arboreal 1 artificial plant secured to bottom with hot glue, also hot glue leaves to various points of enclosure. 100% dry peat moss for substrate, 1 water dish secured to leaf with hot glue. lid taped sticky side out for added humidity and to keep peat moss for falling out.

Attachments

jdcarrel

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
exoterra terrarium for my regalis and the other in the last picture is for a b. smithi. I have also added some cork bark later to the regalis terrarium. ;)

shogun804

Arachnogeneral
Old Timer
1) various sling enclosure with a L parahybana on the side :}

2) Arboreal(first pic) & Terrestrial(second pic) all contain 100% peat moss for substrate arboreals have either a slice of cork bark for webbing purposes or artificial plant. terrestrails just have dry substrate some will make a burrow others will just hang out, none of these have water dishes i regularly feed, and I mist twice a month for the occasional added humidity and for hydration purposes.

Attachments

Last edited:

shogun804

Arachnogeneral
Old Timer
1) set up for P irminia, 5 gallon hexagon tank.

2). Arboreal 100% peat moss (dry) water dish to be added. various sizes of artificial plants secured to bottom and sides of tank with hot glue for climbing and web structure purposes, lid is a 2 piece plexi glass 1/2, and 1/2 cover that came with tank. 1/8th holes drilled for ventalation

Attachments

Rounder

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Arboreal

A setup with a 5.5 gallon turned on end for my P. regalis, I used 2 pieces of wood with some vine wrapped around for looks with about 2" of peat moss for substrate. The water dish looks like a leaf and is visible in pics 1 & 2. I used hotglue on most everything to keep it stable.

Last edited:

Rounder

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Arboreal

1 gallon rubbermade container for my P. cambridgei. 3-4" of peat moss with a piece of corkbark. I use this setup for several for my Avics as well. There are holes drilled in the sides as well as the top.

Fred

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
For M robustom. Large Critter Keeper, 3-4" or potting soil, half a flower pot and artificial silk plants.

odinn7

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Burrowing

The pet hole...10 gallon tank set up with peat moss for H. lividum.

Attachments

Last edited:

brachy

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hi all
I account some spiders in glasses of olive but cucumber {D Thats are not very practical. I like small plastik boxes.My smaller slings iz in this thanks. Bigegst are in normal terrarium. For me is very important as the in terarium are lots of matrilas, stiks, plants, cortex and atc.

becca81

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Some of mine...

(adults, juveniles, and some slings)

(slings)

(adults) $2.50 from Wal-Mart