Enclosure/Terrarium Pictures

bunniebie

Arachnopeon
enclosure for young mature female Selenotypus sp. Platinum.
mostly, it's just a 3litre container from bunnings filled 2/3 of the way with coco-peat and some sphagnum moss. i love the little bridge i got for her hide though, it's a $9 aquarium decoration from city farmers.
IMG_6495.JPG IMG_6496.JPG IMG_6497.JPG IMG_6457.JPG IMG_6451.JPG

Nonnack

Arachnoknight
It's 40/30/30 (cm) glass, terrestrial, tropical terrarium for my L.parahybana.

And the back wall, its removable, great thing if you need to wash terrarium.

sweetypie

Arachnoknight

Old bedroom.
I cut grass, feed the pets, and have a place to sit down and relax away from home.

Nonnack

Arachnoknight
Sure, but it will be a little bit hard for me to explain it in English, but I will try my best;)
First i cut piece of paper, at size of back wall of terrarium, it was first layer of back wall. Then I covered it in assembly foam (no idea if its good translation). Put some bark ( I get it myself from freshly cut down trees, and dried it for months) and wait for foam to harden. Then cut foam to size of paper, and also cut some of it make it look more natural. Check if it fits tightly into terrarium. Then covered everything, except bark of course;), in black silicon, and put some very dry coco fiber on it. After it is dry i just check if foam is totally covered, if not i used some brown silicone and coco fiber to cover it, and glued some dry moss. Back wall goes very tightly into terrarium and is holding very still, no need of any extra glue or something.

I found video showing very similar technique, it is polish unfortunately, but you can at least see what I am talking about;P

Last edited:

jixie007

Arachnopeon
Thank you, and I understand perfectly. The same techniques are used here. The foam is called 'insulating foam' in english (although most americans call it 'Great Stuff foam' after a popular brand).

I've never seen a removable background, that doesn't permanently alter the tank. It looks good!

starnaito

Arachnosquire
Little enclosure for my Euthalus sp. yellow. (She has since made it her own and added some tunnels.)
IMG_20170924_190558_509.jpg

Chickenfeeder100

Arachnosquire
IMG_1199.JPG IMG_1200.JPG
My Hoffmannius spinigerus enclosure and if you look very closely at the second picture, you can see
Kyle kyleson. (My son named it from a gaming channel. It had lots of cussing though.)

starnaito

Arachnosquire
I found these nice acrylic containers at Target, drilled some holes in the lid, and made a nice home for my little G. rosea. :) Once you have Ts, it's funny how you start looking at every container as a potential tarantula enclosure. XD
IMG_20171125_141907.jpg

KeiraJ

Arachnopeon
Burrowing

This terrarium was designed for my Cyriopagopus Lividum.

12x12x12 exo terra enclosure.

Deep substrate and some minor decoration for aesthetic purposes.

**If I am going to have a pet hole at least I can have a good looking pet hole enclosure ;) **

Attachments

Saark

Arachnosquire
It's 30 cm (12 in) glass cube, made from 4 mm glass. Made it for my B. hamorii.
This looks pretty cool and would like to do something similar for my G. porteri and maybe a couple other Ts. Just wondering, what grass are you using and are you having luck with growing it or does is just die on you? That wouldn't actually be a bad thing though because the dry brown grasses would give a nice scrubland look to the tank. I also thought of trying some small succulents as well, probably in the 18x18x12 Exo Terra tank.