Cyriopagopus. sp caresheet

leswatson

Arachnopeon
Hi all, I`m hoping to aquire a female Cyriopagopus. sp "singapore blue" shortly, Just to up my knowlage of them would someone give me a few extra tips, ie best enclosures, temp/humidity, layout, substrate etc . Alot of info I`ve read seams to be contridicting so I`d sooner ask from someone who keeps them

icx120

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Alot of info I`ve read seams to be contridicting so I`d sooner ask from someone who keeps them
This is exactly what I found from pet store information and caresheets - You're doing the right thing by asking the people here.

Sorry I can't give you any specific information, I'm only an amateur myself -.-

Merfolk

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
According to that site, it's called Lampropelma violaceopes.

What the hell??? What's the real name of this???????????

phormingochilus

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
The real name is Lampropelma violaceopes, as this is the species name given to this species in 1924 by Abraham ;-)

Regards
Søren

metallica

Arachnoking
Old Timer
the site was made by the poster. Lampropelma violaceopes is what we have in the hobby as Cyriopagopus sp"blue".

as for Abraham, he is the person who described the species in 1924.

von_z

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
the site was made by the poster. Lampropelma violaceopes is what we have in the hobby as Cyriopagopus sp"blue".

as for Abraham, he is the person who described the species in 1924.
I've seen them advertised as two separate species, and the pics don't look alike either. Check out www.botarby8s.com or www.swiftinverts.com.

As far as Abraham, obviously he's the person who described the species. The question was who was he, as in some background information?

metallica

Arachnoking
Old Timer
botar and Kelly Swift are still using the hobby names. Volker von Wirth has seen the type of the Lampropelma violaceopes. he is certain that it is what we have in the hobby as Cyriopagopus sp"blue".

what is being sold as Lampropelma violaceopes (according to the description an arboreal spider) is in fact an undescribed burrowing spider.

seanbond

Arachnoking
Old Timer
iv got both spiders and they are all sick! anyone ever ordered from asian arboreals before? they got some rare stuff..

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
iv got both spiders and they are all sick! anyone ever ordered from asian arboreals before? they got some rare stuff..
if they are sick , i would ask for a refund or replacement. but that just me.