Cyriopagopus. sp caresheet

Tescos

Banned
Old Timer
It's not your responsibility to decide which posts are appropriate and which are not and yet it is your responsibility to call people jerks for just answering a question it seems.:confused:

von_z

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
It's not your responsibility to decide which posts are appropriate and which are not and yet it is your responsibility to call people jerks for just answering a question it seems.:confused:
I give up. It is what it is.

FryLock

Banned
Old Timer
yes that being an answer to a question. nothing more.;)
I can't think of a good reply to that one so il paraphrase Bob.

Yes and how many times must the funny picture posts fly before were forever banned?.

The answer my friend is blowin in the wind {D

Tescos

Banned
Old Timer
niether. Its a Malayasian violet blue down the road third tree on the left form.;)

moose35

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'm just wondering why he needs to be so obviously surly. It's not my responsibility to decide which posts are appropriate and which are not, and last time I checked, having a bad attitude wasn't against forum rules, so what am I supposed to report anyway? I just want to know why the anonymity of the internet turns people into jerks.
maybe extreme knowledge in our hobby can come across a bad attitude. ........look up some of his posts...............

moose

phormingochilus

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
The Lampropelma violaceopes that Abraham described in 1924 is this species:
http://asianarboreals.googlepages.com/lampropelmaviolaceopes

Confusingly it is sold as Cyriopagopus sp. Blue, Malaysian variety (#1) and a Singapore variety (#2). The differences assumed to be subtle colour differences and in particular that the malaysian variety should have a olive/tan carapace, whereas in the Singapore variety it is dark bluish. Fact is that these differences are related to size and age. Thus old specimens has the dark carapace and a darker violet hue than younger specimens that will sport a paler carapace and a lighter violet hue. The same darkening with age is seen in C. schioedtei and P. everetti as well.

The "Lampropelma violaceopes" that Botar and Swift has for sale is this species:
http://asianarboreals.googlepages.com/ornithoctoninaeg.sp."haplopelmarobustum"

This species is as of yet unidentified, but has been attempted sold under a herd of names; Cyriopagopus sp. "Blue-femur", Lampropelma violaceopes and Haplopelma robustum. It has nothing to do with Singapore, but come from high altitudes in the central malaysian highland. As with every other species this also has it's own subtle variations depending on age and locality.

As for Abraham, he was the dude who described Lampropelma violaceopes. Who he was and all the other stuff, you will have to retrieve for your own interest as I have no idea.

Regards
Søren

hairmetalspider

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The Lampropelma violaceopes that Abraham described in 1924 is this species:
http://asianarboreals.googlepages.com/lampropelmaviolaceopes

Confusingly it is sold as Cyriopagopus sp. Blue, Malaysian variety (#1) and a Singapore variety (#2). The differences assumed to be subtle colour differences and in particular that the malaysian variety should have a olive/tan carapace, whereas in the Singapore variety it is dark bluish. Fact is that these differences are related to size and age. Thus old specimens has the dark carapace and a darker violet hue than younger specimens that will sport a paler carapace and a lighter violet hue. The same darkening with age is seen in C. schioedtei and P. everetti as well.

The "Lampropelma violaceopes" that Botar and Swift has for sale is this species:
http://asianarboreals.googlepages.com/ornithoctoninaeg.sp."haplopelmarobustum"

This species is as of yet unidentified, but has been attempted sold under a herd of names; Cyriopagopus sp. "Blue-femur", Lampropelma violaceopes and Haplopelma robustum. It has nothing to do with Singapore, but come from high altitudes in the central malaysian highland. As with every other species this also has it's own subtle variations depending on age and locality.

Regards
Søren
Awesome, thanks dude.

pinkfoot

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Hi Soren

Has any decision been reached as to what the correct name is now?

Cheers ~ :?

leswatson

Arachnopeon
Guys, Guys. I really could`nt care less who put what name to what, I would just like "your" expert advice on the care of this type of T {D {D {D {D

pinkfoot

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Guys, Guys. I really could`nt care less who put what name to what, I would just like "your" expert advice on the care of this type of T {D {D {D {D
Sorry man ~ we did kinda hijack the thread...!

I'm no expert, but I have several of these 'Blue thingies' and keep them as burrowing arboreals! Nope, I'm not being sarcastic, but until I learn more, I have mine in a taller than wide glass viv, with plenty of climbing material, but also with enough soil for ample burrowing to take place.

This far, at least two of mine have spun tubes from the surface to below ground, and they do seem decidedly more terrestrial as we have read in an earlier post. When I purchased them, however, the dealer insisted they were arboreal, hence the confusion.

Hope this helps...:cool: :D

Merfolk

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
They are indeed arboreal, but somehow reside at the base of the tree/branch and climb up to hunt.

Wild specimens in tall trees will ''burrow'' in deep crannies in the trunk, where the bark is half rotten and can be dug a bit like earth. They won't necessarely go down
to bury in the soil but will indeed seek a shelter from direct sunlight even more than most arboreal sp...