Cyriopagopus. sp caresheet

Merfolk

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I agree, but we should see pictures of other species confirmed as Lampropelma as well as other Cyriopagopuses and compare real time. No other Lampropelma realy seems to be one!

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
IMO "singapore blue" should be cyriopagopus sp. singapore blue. It looks very similar (from the same family) as c. schroderi(sp?) where as the other species that is seen labled as L. violaceps looks a little less "related". I realize this is a very unscientific analysis but if you look closely at pics the shoe seems to fit. and I love it when you can send one species to a different family to fill that gap and then another species drops into it's place so the name isn't going obsolete, We were just talking about the wrong spider for a bit there. There's my layman's two cents. Wish I would have paid more attention to classification and nomenclature(again sp?) when I was in school.
Keep out a watchful eye because I do believe L. v. will be moved into the genus Cyriopagopus sometime in the future ;). Possibly be called Cyriopagopus violeceps? We will have to wait and see.

As for the "old" L.v. being sold by dealers thats another story. I dont think anyone is really for sure what the heck it is LOL

Merfolk

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
That other Lampropelma thing could be solved simply. If other Lampropelmas are confirmed to be all arboreals and this one is a burrowing specie, it doesn't belong in this genus. In my opinion, Singablue looks more Cyriopagopus to me. I've seen a Lampropelma sp 'Borneo' being close, but also a L. nigerimum (spelling???) looking very different. ButI need to know if those sp are described properly.

dtknow

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Whoa that girl is 5 inches?

Here is mine. She's still got mostly baby colors. When I get home I'll measure her(but she will likely have molted by that time)

kcpzpr

Arachnopeon
Yes, about 13 cm legspan, 5-5,5 body freshly after moult. You`ve got a nice looking T there:clap: I`ve checked dates of instars, one every 2-3 months.

phormingochilus

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
The Cyriopagopus resolution is entirely depending on if the identity of the type species C. paganus is being identical to what we refer to as Cyriopagopus today. The same applies to the Lampropelma genus where the type of L. nigerimmum need to be examined and redescribed. This work is in progress.

Regards
Søren