Cyriopagopus. sp caresheet

Tescos

Banned
Old Timer
i kno u dont understand the lingo but for your terms that means there= COOL.
Then I would warm them up a little. Believe me I have been to where many of these species can be found and it is quite warm there!;) :D

FryLock

Banned
Old Timer
Then I would warm them up a little. Believe me I have been to where many of these species can be found and it is quite warm there!;) :D
Yes good advice that could well make them seem ill

seanbond

Arachnoking
Old Timer
lol!

so youv been there, COOL...im going to borneo for 3 weeks in jan, ill document my finds of course.

Tescos

Banned
Old Timer
lol!

so youv been there, COOL...im going to borneo for 3 weeks in jan, ill document my finds of course.
Nice. where abouts? I'm off again in June to revisit a few places I injoyed the last time I was there and off course some new areas for me.

von_z

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
You guys are lucky! I haven't been anywhere since I went to Costa Rica 4-1/2 years ago.....:(

seanbond

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Nice. where abouts? I'm off again in June to revisit a few places I injoyed the last time I was there and off course some new areas for me.
def sarawak, where are the best places to go to find some earth tigers? iv got 3 weeks to travel around to good places, were planning on jan but what would you recommend as far as being able to be there in the peak seasons? be nice to find some gravis females.....Phormingochilus everetti located in borneo?

Tescos

Banned
Old Timer
In almost the same words as a friend of mine (Soren) . Show a plane ticket and share information about any finds you make and I will share what I know (not a great deal yet but possibly a bit more after June) and I will be more than happy to help out.
All the best
Chris

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
You guys are lucky! I haven't been anywhere since I went to Costa Rica 4-1/2 years ago.....:(
i have left Texas 3 times in my life and still the farthest north i have been is Amarillo, Texas lol

scolex

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Man if I had only known better when I was younger! I have Been around the world and back. :mad: Mad cause I didn't bring anything back! Africa 3x just for starters. I guess I still have time since I am only 28 :? But then again if you live in TX there is no reason to ever leave you can have all the animals and guns you want!!! I think I need to pack my bags for TX!

GartenSpinnen

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Anywhere is there ACTUAL proof and not just hearsay that Lampropelma violaceopes is C. sp "blue"??? Can this be proven or is it just another falsity that will cause more confusion than is already in out there? Id like to know some sources....
-Nate

metallica

Arachnoking
Old Timer
so you want a better source then Volker von Wirth on this?? good luck.

von_z

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Is there any reason that people are so testy on the forum lately? Although, metallica, I will say that you do come across as a little 'uppety' and abrasive.

hairmetalspider

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Is there any reason that people are so testy on the forum lately? Although, metallica, I will say that you do come across as a little 'uppety' and abrasive.
I did a little research. From what I've found, they appear to be two different species altogether. Could be wrong but that's what I've found. *shrug*

All technicalities aside, they are two different T's. That's obvious from simple photos.

metallica

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Although, metallica, I will say that you do come across as a little 'uppety' and abrasive.
if you or anyone else doesn't like what i write, then just report it... or press the link in my signature.

FryLock

Banned
Old Timer
Short version long.

A man called Abraham finds big blue spider in Singapore names it as Lampropelma violaceopes as it's a nice colour and he thinks it best fits the genus Lampropelma, spider is found again in recent times enters the pet market were it's found to be a Cyriopagopus species (C. sp "blue").

But before hand another spider has been found and entered the pet market which due to the confusion that offen surrounds old papers (two spiders may have been included in the paper for L.v) had already been given title "Lampropelma violaceopes" (but iirc in this case only as a cheronym(sp) aka "working monkia").

Long version short.

Blue spider got two names, chap that named it got it a bit wrong had a big work load with freeing the slaves ect ect.

von_z

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
if you or anyone else doesn't like what i write, then just report it... or press the link in my signature.
Why do you have to be like that? Nobody is trying to insult you. I wasn't saying you were coming across that way on purpose. If you are looking for a fight, go somewhere else. This is supposed to be a friendly forum for exchange of ideas and information.

FryLock

Banned
Old Timer
Why do you have to be like that? Nobody is trying to insult you. I wasn't saying you were coming across that way on purpose. If you are looking for a fight, go somewhere else. This is supposed to be a friendly forum for exchange of ideas and information.
Eddy just tells it how it is, not everyone that seems a bit short at times means it in a surly way, also as he says you can just report posts if they offend ;).

P.s But i forgot he is good friends with Scott and Debby so don't expect to much!..

Last edited:

von_z

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Eddy just tells it how it is, not everyone that seems a bit short at times means it in a surly way, also as he says you can just report posts if they offend ;).

P.s But i forgot he is good friends with Scott and Debby so don't expect to much!..
I'm just wondering why he needs to be so obviously surly. It's not my responsibility to decide which posts are appropriate and which are not, and last time I checked, having a bad attitude wasn't against forum rules, so what am I supposed to report anyway? I just want to know why the anonymity of the internet turns people into jerks.