Wild Tarantulas In Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
thank god i found this.... haha

so are we officially putting this to rest, or....
i need some closure here ;P

pce
dave

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
also, rick doesn't post here much.. or.. at all really.
and, i can fully understand why. I think he's said why he hasn't, also....

so thats why he's just a lowly peon :)

pce
dave

pelo

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Originally posted by lam
Here is my theory in the matter. 20 thousand years ago, people already had pets tarantula. When a number of them decided to cross the Bering Strait, which was frozen due to the ice age, some brought the tarantulas with them. How did the tarantulas survive the cold weather? Basically, those nomads kept the tarantulas inside their coats. You can pretty much guess the rest.
>damn...coffee came out my out my nose from laughing....thanks Iam...lol....under their coats.... in their loin cloths...couple in their mukaluks.....too funny...I want some of what you been smokin'...lol..;)

Last edited:

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I noticed you're back. Cool. Last time you were here you completely left the entire board hanging by a thread (no pun intended) about what may have been a very important discovery in the arachnid world.
Anyhow, since you're back now, I think we'd all be very grateful if you could disclose any information about the theraphosid sp. you say were recently discovered up there.
What have Dr. Adler's studies revealed about them as of yet. I imagine there has been (or still is) some serious studying going on indeed. (People have tried to contact Dr. adler for any possible info but he's impossible to reach, it's as if he doesn't exist. He must really like to lay low, huh?) Are they truly lacking urticating setae like you first described?
I'm sure you understand what suspense we've been in after hearing there may be an undescribed therephosid as far north as Kamloops.

Please don't leave us in the dark any longer man, it's torture.

Atrax

Sean

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Originally posted by Atrax
I noticed you're back. Cool. Last time you were here you completely left the entire board hanging by a thread (no pun intended) about what may have been a very important discovery in the arachnid world.
Anyhow, since you're back now, I think we'd all be very grateful if you could disclose any information about the theraphosid sp. you say were recently discovered up there.
What have Dr. Adler's studies revealed about them as of yet. I imagine there has been (or still is) some serious studying going on indeed. (People have tried to contact Dr. adler for any possible info but he's impossible to reach, it's as if he doesn't exist. He must really like to lay low, huh?) Are they truly lacking urticating setae like you first described?
I'm sure you understand what suspense we've been in after hearing there may be an undescribed therephosid as far north as Kamloops.

Please don't leave us in the dark any longer man, it's torture.

Atrax
yes id be intrested in knowing 2

Last edited:

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hi Sean. It is not my intention to scare anyone off by any means. I (and I'm sure many others) really would like to know as much about this breakthrough information as possible. Heck, if it were me who had discovered a new theraphosid, especially in a place where they are not even known to exist period, people would never get me to shut up about it. :)

See ya.

Atrax

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I just called Dr Adler at UCC and he has informed me that he has named the species, Amenopus Adleri and that it does indeed lack urticating setae. The species also has very potent venom. Dr adler recently went searching in the same area and he has found numerous specimens of the same species. We now have multiple males and multiple femlaes. I will keep you posted about his breeding results.

Phillip

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
any pics?...

Surely this mysterious species has been photographed by now. At least I would hope so. When are we going to see pics?

Phil

Steve Nunn

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by JacenBeers
I just called Dr Adler at UCC and he has informed me that he has named the species, Amenopus Adleri and that it does indeed lack urticating setae.
Umm, Jacen, Amenopus isn't a theraphosid genus. It isn't a tarantula. Amenopus isn't even a mygalomorph genus. And Adler(??) named the species after himself??

Go hide again till you can come up with better stories Jacen, this one is old and boring to be frank. I was hoping you'd come back with new stories, I'm kinda let down.

Felkon

Arachnopeon
Why does JacenBeers's posts scream 'gullibility' ...? :p ?

Seriously though, I thought this Adler guy didn't exist. If you are making this stuff up for kicks, that's pretty cruel.

Lopez

Arachnoking
Old Timer
It is not common practice to name a species after yourself.
Generally, the scientific name will be taken from a particular feature of the spider (Ephebopus cyanognathus, Brachypelma albopilosum) or after a noted taxonomist, explorer, or arachnologist (Haplopelma schmidti, Ceratogyrus marshalli)

Why bother making half-assed crap up? I don't see the point :?

Don't forget, storytellers, there are some extremely knowledgeable members of this forum who won't hesitate to tear your tale to shreds ;)

Last edited:

Kugellager

ArachnoJester of the Ancient Ones
Arachnosupporter
Is that Turkish? No wait...the addy ends with an 'nu' what country is that?...norway?

John
];')

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
Originally posted by Lopez
)

Why bother making half-assed crap up? I don't see the point :?

Don't forget, storytellers, there are some extremely knowledgeable members of this forum who won't hesitate to tear your tale to shreds ;)
because that's what he does.....that's ALL he does!

(blatently stolen line from Terminator)

Everyone should know by now there are certain people on the board that you have to completely discount pretty much everything they post. Only problem is, sometimes the people that haven't been here that long don't know which ones they are!

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
thats hungarian. If you study languages or linguistics, you can tell right away by the front vowels with double accents and the accented high vowels with umlauted short vowels within the same word. There's only one language that can have one word containing a double accent, an umlaut, and an accent, with 2 front vowels and 1 back vowel ;) The big kicker, though, was the double accent over a vowel. Thats VERY indicative of a Central European Uralic language..... and Hungarian?? Man, that languge kicks my butt. If you don't study languages or linguistics, now you can confidently describe the defining features of a european uralic language! I don't know what that'll bring you in life, but.. um.. maybe it'll be on jeopardy one day ;)

also noted as one of themost difficult languages to learn based on the amount of conjugation a verb can go through (there's more than 20 different cases a verb could be translated in, combined 2 different forms of a plural, 4 different class systems, 14-15 vowels, 4 different tenses, 3 posessor cases, 15 different suffixes that have to be conjugated based on the OBJECT of the sentence, unlike english... after all that, its commonly noted by linguists (in pretty much any paper you read on hungarian or magyar) that there are about 55,000 different ways to conjugate 1 freaking verb.). Although, based on a new way the language is shifting, some people are saying there's over a million ways to conjugate... i'll stick with 55,000 which is still an amazingly large number.

and norway is .no.
Hey at least you can learn something out of this post instead of reading people yelling about jacen... either one is entertaining for me, i'll admit... =D

:)
pce
dave

Last edited:

Maggie

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
:rolleyes: We have all heard the story of "crying wolf"....thats what this reminds me of. Just my opinion.;)

nemesis6sic6

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
yes

It does remaind me of the crying wolf because there was this guy that cried out tarantula when it was "wolf" spider. :p
any ways have anice day
geo

belewfripp

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I was going to stay out of this thread, but I had to point something out. You'll notice that the morphological features he says were used to identify this spider as a theraphosid are the exact same basic features Sam Marshall points out in his book. Marshall of course is a professional arachnologist, and listed those three as a basic list for the novice -- not as criteria to be used for doing taxonomic analysis. Either some folks no one can find any trace of are doing a very poor job of researching an animal most likely already known to science or someone is making stuff up out of thin air and doing a lousy job of it.

Adrian

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by Sean
LOL....harsh this thread will be closed soon im guessing
im not sure how it lasted this long.. praise to jacen for that i suppose...

i mean, its now turning sour -- and linguistics? What fool posted that junk? ;)

im not sure..i mean, there's always a chance that its true. who can say at this point, ya know. We can say its probably fake, but theres the possibility its real.

peace
dave

Status
Not open for further replies.