Who's Behind the Computer - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragyn5

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Here is a photo of me. My hubby is a photographer, so he made me look good.

Heidi

Attachments

Keith Richard

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
DHunter said:
It's nice to run into another member of the Comfort Clan.:)
Likewise. Are you of Scottish descent? I'm born and raised in Glasgow now residing in SF.

Sheri

Arachnoking
Old Timer
DHunter said:
Well I have not posted a great deal, but I do check in & read quite often.
I spend my spare time Rockhounding, cutting cabochon gemstones, making jewelry, & shooting.
.{D

Shooting what? Rockhounds? What are they? Like... mountain goats?

DHunter

Arachnopeon
Keef said:
Likewise. Are you of Scottish descent? I'm born and raised in Glasgow now residing in SF.
I've been told I've got some Scottish on one of my grandfathers side, but I'm having trouble finding out what clan due to a name change when they came to the U.S.

I wear kilts because they are so much more comfortable than pants plus they just plain look cool. Hopefully if there is Scottish in the family I can eventualy find out so I have an excuse to get another kilt, with the family tartan.

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
DHunter said:
I've been told I've got some Scottish on one of my grandfathers side, but I'm having trouble finding out what clan due to a name change when they came to the U.S.

I wear kilts because they are so much more comfortable than pants plus they just plain look cool. Hopefully if there is Scottish in the family I can eventualy find out so I have an excuse to get another kilt, with the family tartan.
I have been meaning to get our tartan from my father. I'm 1/4 Scottish (other 3/4's Germany, Sicily and Spain in case anyone gave a damn) descended from Clan Campbell and Clan MacGregor. Sometime back me and my father were supposed to get the full suits made but it never came around. Kinda pricey. Soon I guess.

G

Last edited:

Keith Richard

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
BileDrunk said:
I have been meaning to get our tartan from my father. I'm 1/4 Scottish (other 3/4's Germany, Sicily and Spain in case anyone gave a damn) descended from Clan Campbell and Clan MacGregor. Sometime back me and my father were supposed to get the full suits made but it never came around. Kinda pricey. Soon I guess.

G
Gary, I'm probably wrong (history not being a strength of mine), but weren't the Campbell and MacGregor clans sworn enimies? I'll see if I can find out.

DHunter

Arachnopeon
Sheri said:
Shooting what? Rockhounds? What are they? Like... mountain goats?
I'm a rockhound. I wander the mountains, deserts, & underground mines around here collecting minerals & gemstones.

Here are some examples of things I've collected as specimins & some that I've collected & cut into gemsotnes.

This is a chunck of quartz I brought out of a mine. It has visible silver & lead smashed into & onto it & even has a hole with silver crystals inside it.

On the left are emeralds. the green ones were imported, the red ones were found here at topaz mountain. Red emeralds (bixbite) are one of the rarest gemsotnes.

On the right are some sunstones we found then cut.

This is a piece of moss agate that I cut.

And last a star garnet from Idaho that I cut & mounted for my brother. His birthstone.

Hope that helps you understand what rockhounds do. We can be identified in the field by looking for people with thier backsides in the air & thier heads under a rock. Just be nice & check to see if said rock has fallen on them.{D

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Keef said:
Gary, I'm probably wrong (history not being a strength of mine), but weren't the Campbell and MacGregor clans sworn enimies? I'll see if I can find out.
Not sure, I wasn't there ;) lol I have a vague recollection of hearing something about that though.
I'm just going by the family books. I'll have to talk to my father to get the specifics.

G

Sheri

Arachnoking
Old Timer
DHunter said:
\Hope that helps you understand what rockhounds do. We can be identified in the field by looking for people with thier backsides in the air & thier heads under a rock.
Not when wearing the kilt though. Right? :D

Thanks for the explanation, I had never heard the term before.

bugsnstuff

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
descended from Clan Campbell and Clan MacGregor.
you can have your own personal little clan war in you head, lol

i'm from MacGregor myself and seeing as the Cambells stole the MacGregor seat (Inverary Castle) I can love you as a brother whilst driving a dirk twixt your shoulderblades, lol

GootySapphire

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I've got quite a bit of Scottish in me. My last name is McLean, it was McLane or something along the lines of that spelling originally but our ancestors changed it. I believe the McLeans run the castle of Duart.

Socrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
GootySapphire said:
I've got quite a bit of Scottish in me. My last name is McLean, it was McLane or something along the lines of that spelling originally but our ancestors changed it. I believe the McLeans run the castle of Duart.

Ok, now let's see a picture of you in a Kilt. :D

---
Wendy
---

Keith Richard

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Sheri said:
Not when wearing the kilt though. Right? :D
It all depends upon which way the Sporran is being worn Sheri ;-)

I'll look out another pic in "war dress" when I get back home at the weekend.

edesign

AB FB Group Moderatr
Old Timer
Keef said:
That's an awful long response to a simple question. My point is that this is all totally subjective......a matter of personal opinion.........one guy's chicken is another guy's beef etc etc. I'll refrain from going any deeper since we're way OT for this particular thread. I will admit to having most of Slayer's releases.

Oh, and in response to your last point, YEAH, every time hands down....but that's my opinion ;-)
lol...ya, i can be longwinded sometimes. I'll let you answer the question next time, save everyone some reading since I was trying to say something similar :D

i'm part scottish as well...don't know how much, my great grandmother was a MacGilvary (not sure on spelling).

Flogger

Arachnopeon
Okey.

Here's me, in all my glory :cool:

Taken in december 2005 and for you people who don't get the sign it says "reserved".

Status
Not open for further replies.