Who's Behind the Computer - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beardo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Here is a picture of me from this past summer when myself and some friends went herping/hiking down in the Red River Gorge in KY....my friend in the pic is a very docile Cowsucker (or Black Ratsnake to you non-KY folk)....

edesign

AB FB Group Moderatr
Old Timer
BLS Blondi said:
Slayer is the BEST live band on the planet. Period.
i still have not had a chance to see them live :( Time is running out too ... dammit! :wall:

Gesticulator

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
edesign said:
Gesticulator... <snip>When he pulled forward he looked back and saw me with (of course) a tire track on my forehead and my finger cut off.
<snip>
OUCH edesign, you were lucky it was only a finger!

Sheri

Arachnoking
Old Timer
DavidBeard said:
Here is a picture of me from this past summer when myself and some friends went herping/hiking down in the Red River Gorge in KY....my friend in the pic is a very docile Cowsucker (or Black Ratsnake to you non-KY folk)....
Very nice! :clap:

Ohhhhh I want summer back...

edesign

AB FB Group Moderatr
Old Timer
keef said:
what criteria and logic did you apply to arrive at this very bold statement?
...and here we go.......

i would surmise that being the premiere speed metal pioneers from the early early 80's, still going strong (some may argue this...) over 20 years later, known for their crushing music, wild concerts, crazy mosh pits, fanatical fans, etc. etc...that could have a little to do with it. I don't think anyone who is in to metal will argue that point with you very much.

Now we can sit here and argue til we're blue in the face and become mentally retarded from lack of oxygen...we all know there is no such thing as "best". But within their genre and probably across quite a few others, I doubt many would stand close to the pure energy and chaos from one of their shows. Sure...Rush has done some very good concerts, The Who, Garth Brooks, Metallica, Yes, and so on and so forth. But not quite on par with what Slayer concerts are supposed to be like. BUT...there are even more extreme bands out there with even more extreme crowds/pits, but their popularity is nowhere near the level that Slayer attained and has managed to keep for over two decades.

You do not go to a Tom Petty concert to get an adrenaline rush, to enjoy reacting in a fairly extremely physical way to the music, to cause general mayhem...i'm not saying his concerts are not good (never been, but i do like his music), but I highly doubt the energy level is near what it is at a Slayer concert. Then again...after a few doobies I wouldn't be worried about moving or doing much of anything at all but sitting back and listening to the music either lol. Sweet...

So...do we really want to get in to this debate? :) I know where this is going...

btw...were you going to argue that The Beefhearts have better concerts? ;)

Last edited:

edesign

AB FB Group Moderatr
Old Timer
DavidBeard said:
You and me both Sheri! Winter sucks lol.
keef said:
what criteria and logic did you apply to arrive at this very bold statement?
:D

me...i love winter, when there is plenty of snow and mountains around anyway

DavidRS

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
kellygirl said:
Alright, so I am officially a WBTC whore... promise I won't post anymore pics for awhile. But I felt semi-cute at the wedding last night so I will share these last 1. :8o

-Kelly
I was so dumbfounded by the picture, after 2 days I finally figured out what WBTC meant.

Scott C.

Arachnofloater
Old Timer
edesign said:
.........You do not go to a Tom Petty concert to get an adrenaline rush, to enjoy reacting in a fairly extremely physical way to the music, to cause general mayhem...i'm not saying his concerts are not good (never been, but i do like his music0........
You're right about that. You go to listen to him in an arena full of smoke....the fun kind :D

DHunter

Arachnopeon
Well I have not posted a great deal, but I do check in & read quite often.
I spend my spare time Rockhounding, cutting cabochon gemstones, making jewelry, & shooting.

When rockhounding in the desert I come in contact with scorpions from time to time & have always been facinated by them. Thanks to this site I have learned a great deal about them & have now started yet another collection.;)

So here's a couple pics of me.

Although this site does seem to have a very diverse membership, It looks like I'm it's first kilted bug lover.{D

Socrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
DHunter said:
Although this site does seem to have a very diverse membership, It looks like I'm it's first kilted bug lover.{D
Nice pics, thanks for sharing.

If I'm not mistaken, "Keef" posted a picture of himself in a kilt about a year or so ago. :)

---
Wendy
---

Keith Richard

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Socrates said:
Nice pics, thanks for sharing.

If I'm not mistaken, "Keef" posted a picture of himself in a kilt about a year or so ago. :)

---
Wendy
---
Indeed I did Wendy.....you have a great memory, thanks.

Kugellager

ArachnoJester of the Ancient Ones
Arachnosupporter
kellygirl said:
But I felt semi-cute at the wedding last night so I will share these last 1. :8o

-Kelly
DAMN GIRL!
Semi-cute? Boy is than an understatement!

I agree...you should no longer post in here...send them all to my e-mail...maybe you could send me understated ones where you think you are "semi-sexy" :D

John
];')

Keith Richard

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
edesign said:
...and here we go.......

i would surmise that being the premiere speed metal pioneers from the early early 80's, still going strong (some may argue this...) over 20 years later, known for their crushing music, wild concerts, crazy mosh pits, fanatical fans, etc. etc...that could have a little to do with it. I don't think anyone who is in to metal will argue that point with you very much.

Now we can sit here and argue til we're blue in the face and become mentally retarded from lack of oxygen...we all know there is no such thing as "best". But within their genre and probably across quite a few others, I doubt many would stand close to the pure energy and chaos from one of their shows. Sure...Rush has done some very good concerts, The Who, Garth Brooks, Metallica, Yes, and so on and so forth. But not quite on par with what Slayer concerts are supposed to be like. BUT...there are even more extreme bands out there with even more extreme crowds/pits, but their popularity is nowhere near the level that Slayer attained and has managed to keep for over two decades.

You do not go to a Tom Petty concert to get an adrenaline rush, to enjoy reacting in a fairly extremely physical way to the music, to cause general mayhem...i'm not saying his concerts are not good (never been, but i do like his music), but I highly doubt the energy level is near what it is at a Slayer concert. Then again...after a few doobies I wouldn't be worried about moving or doing much of anything at all but sitting back and listening to the music either lol. Sweet...

So...do we really want to get in to this debate? :) I know where this is going...

btw...were you going to argue that The Beefhearts have better concerts? ;)
That's an awful long response to a simple question. My point is that this is all totally subjective......a matter of personal opinion.........one guy's chicken is another guy's beef etc etc. I'll refrain from going any deeper since we're way OT for this particular thread. I will admit to having most of Slayer's releases.

Oh, and in response to your last point, YEAH, every time hands down....but that's my opinion ;-)

DHunter

Arachnopeon
Keef said:
Indeed I did Wendy.....you have a great memory, thanks.
Well I must have missed that one. I stand corrected.

It's nice to run into another member of the Comfort Clan.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.