Who molted today?

Tortuga

Arachnoknight
B vagans sling looks like it just molted
F0991BD9-2FCE-4BC9-AA1A-798066912E07.jpeg

and my Phiddipus regius just molted too :)

Last edited:

Tenebrarius

Arachnoangel
three days ago my P met molted. IT IS INSANE HOW BLUE THIS SPIDER IS. just so beautiful. I'll post a picture later.

scott308

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Last week my B vagans sling and my A chalcodes molted. Something didn't look right on the chalcodes. I realized the abdomen was not the same color as the rest. I was able to remove the molt from the abdomen with a pair of forceps and a syringe of water. Unfortunately, one pair of book lungs did not molt properly, either. It looks like the other pair are ok. I put her in an ICU for a few days, hoping the extra humidity might loosen up the bits of molt. Anyway, other than one deformed leg, she looks to be doing fine so I put her back in her home. I'll be sure to keep an eye on her.

Feeding everyone tonight, had a few more molts:

O schioedtei
C darlingi #2
20190824_200430.jpg
G pulchra
B albo "Honduras" sling

WolfSoon

Arachnoknight
My second H. chilensis male matured one month after the first, and he’s a noticeably larger MM. #1 is sooo tiny!
Also my little A. minatrix girl surprised me with a molt.

Euphoric Arboreal

Arachnopeon
Woke up this morning to a freshly molted A Genic sling. All limbs are intact, now I’m waiting for her to leave the hide so I can grab the molt and give it a measure. She looks to be over an inch long maybe an inch and a half, but I’m just guesstimating.Pictures coming soon!!!

Last edited:

Kitara

Arachnodemon
So my eyesight is really, really bad and I didn't have my glasses on. I called my daughter over because I thought her spider looked very strange this morning. Too many legs and in very odd position. I said either she's molted or I think we have a problem.

Well, we've got another successful molt on our hands. :) This is #2 in our care and I can't wait to measure her. She was 1.25" before molt so I'm expecting at least 1.27" lol (she is a g. pulchra).
20190826_070929.jpg

Brachyfan

Deactivated account
I bought 4 t's at the expo this weekend and 3 have molted in the 3 days since I got them.

Grammastola pulchra 1"
Brachypelma auratum 1/2 "
Brachypelma hamorii 1/4 "

All three molted insanely fast too. Not sure if this is normal to have all 3 molt like that. But at least they are growing!

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member

Arachnophoric

Arachnoangel
Just came home from vacation to the following welcome-home molts;

0.1 Theraphosa stirmi, who is now MASSIVE with room yet to grow and will definitely need rehoused before her next molt. Blown away by just how much size she gained, I'll have to measure her molt and see if it'll give me a better idea of just how big she is now.

C. marshalli sling, who unfortunately remains unsexed as the cats ate the molt when I was busy with something else. :grumpy:

And last but not least, the N. incei slings are already molting AGAIN, into 3rd instar! Growing like dang weeds, it'll be "fun" wrangling them into their own enclosures!