Who molted today?

Osmo

Arachnosquire
Came home today to my rescure project rose hair that i bought from petco cause she was injured was building a web bed. I thought this was a good sign cause ive heard it can be a sign of a molt incoming. 15 minutes later she was under the webbing upside down working her magic!!!

So excited, my first molt!

Legion09

Arachnoknight
Came home today to my rescure project rose hair that i bought from petco cause she was injured was building a web bed. I thought this was a good sign cause ive heard it can be a sign of a molt incoming. 15 minutes later she was under the webbing upside down working her magic!!!

So excited, my first molt!

That's a dude....he made a sperm web and is laying out sperm on the web to fill his pedipalps...

Osmo

Arachnosquire
That's a dude....he made a sperm web and is laying out sperm on the web to fill his pedipalps...
I call her a she because i didnt know what she was. So it wasnt a molt? Interesting. I was hoping for a molt because he has a broken bottom foot on one leg.. damn petco and their shitty care.

Legion09

Arachnoknight
I call her a she because i didnt know what she was. So it wasnt a molt? Interesting. I was hoping for a molt because he has a broken bottom foot on one leg.. damn petco and their shitty care.
It's alright...I arbitrarily give a gender to my T's as well until confirmed one way or another....however with yours, you can see those hooks on his front legs, on their underside? That's a definite sign of a mature male.

This means he ready and willing to find himself some ladies! Loading up for a night on the town! :D

Also for future reference, they usually lay on top of the mat instead of under it when molting. ^_~

Osmo

Arachnosquire
It's alright...I arbitrarily give a gender to my T's as well until confirmed one way or another....however with yours, you can see those hooks on his front legs, on their underside? That's a definite sign of a mature male.

This means he ready and willing to find himself some ladies! Loading up for a night on the town! :D

Also for future reference, they usually lay on top of the mat instead of under it when molting. ^_~
Since he is a mature adult male does that mean he wont molt again? How long until he dies? Im just glad I was able to save him from the horror of petco.

Legion09

Arachnoknight
Since he is a mature adult male does that mean he wont molt again? How long until he dies? Im just glad I was able to save him from the horror of petco.
Generalizing information I've garnered from reports and posts online and here.....he has anywhere between 6 months to a year (average) from the time he last molted. Most likely will die before his next molt. If he does make it to his next molt, it will most likely kill him. I'd see if there are any hobbyists around you in need of a mature male G. rosea for a breeding project, otherwise, just expect him to keep doing what he's doing. They generally don't eat as much and wander quite a bit...

Osmo

Arachnosquire
Generalizing information I've garnered from reports and posts online and here.....he has anywhere between 6 months to a year (average) from the time he last molted. Most likely will die before his next molt. If he does make it to his next molt, it will most likely kill him. I'd see if there are any hobbyists around you in need of a mature male G. rosea for a breeding project, otherwise, just expect him to keep doing what he's doing. They generally don't eat as much and wander quite a bit...
Are there any sources out there for hooking up with people for breeding?

Vickyrose620

Arachnopeon
My L. Parahybana molted about 3 days ago, it just came out searching for food today! I was hoping to sex it but it crumpled its molt :( being being that its molted in less than a month im starting to,think its male :( on the.bright side its starting to get its adult coloration. Im really digging the pink hair!

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
The A. azuraklaasi girl molted today morning FINALLY! (took her long enough...over 1 month premolt and staying in her webtunnel!)

P1020553.JPG

She looks to be around 4" now...we'll see.

z32upgrader

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My OBT molted last night with his exuvium buried deep in the webbing. Thought it was gonna be hell retrieving it, but it didn't move from its position deeper in the webbing. Lucky I guess.

Hydrazine

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Not my T (I'll get mine on saturday) but...I visited the LPS (assuming the abbreviation means local pet store) which is quite well equipped and has knowledgeable staff, even one guy designated and dedicated for the T section - they have lots of CB juvies and slings which is IMO better than having WC adults - and I noticed their G. aureostriata (or is pulchripes the preferred scientific name?) was about to molt, lying on a web bed upside down. What a sight. Didn't end up buying anything (but I'll go back there Saturday afternoon) but had a nice chat about Ts (and other, crappy pet stores) with the lady who runs the store. I'm really glad I found this LPS.