Who molted today?

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter +
Yesterday my beautiful boy Cupcake T albopilosus ometepe island form moulted. Caught me by surprise took a year between his last moults but only 6 months for this one , was 4 inches on the moult n everything was where it should be and he looks super floofy but no blue . I am still convinced they only get it once mature. 20230923_172100.jpg
Well done Cupcake 🥰

Pickle my phormictopus sp full green also moulted, first in my care, there was 1.5 inches on the moult which was left outside the burrow very neatly and am pretty sure is also a female 😊 I will wait till over 2 inches to be sure but looks that way to me . Again everything was where it should be and seems to have gone well. 20230924_074016.jpg
Girl bits?
20230924_071223.jpg
Not the best pic but fresh little legs and the moult left just outside for mum to get 😊 Well done Pickle 🥰

@NMTs Does Pickle look female to you? Know you have Hulk to be able to compare 😊

taranbandido

Arachnosquire
The Avicularia spiderling changed that yellow tone of tibia, patella and femur for this darker "dirty" color, I guess it's 99.9% in premolt?!🤔🧐
20230924_161012.jpg
I am used to the fact that the terrestrial ones take on more volume in the opisthosoma... I suppose that being arboreal there is a relationship with weight, support and habitat... My assumption... Thank you...

l4nsky

Aspiring Mad Genius
Arachnosupporter +
In the past two weeks..... Feels like everything lol
  • 0.0.2 Avicularia geroldi
  • 0.0.1 Avicularia rufa
  • 0.0.1 Avicularia minatrix
  • 0.0.2 Avicularia avicularia M2
  • 0.0.2 Avicularia variegata
  • 0.0.1 Birupes simoroxigorum
  • 1.0 Tapinauchenius rasti
  • 1.0 Tapinauchenius violaceus
  • 1.1 Phormingochilus sp Akcaya
  • 0.1.3 Phormingochilus sp Sabah Blue
  • 0.0.1 Cyriopagopus sp Sumatran Tiger
  • 0.1 Phormingochilus pennellhewlettorum
  • 0.0.1 Phormingochilus everetti
  • 0.1 Haplopelma doriae
  • 0.1 Chilobrachys sp Orange
  • 0.0.1 Poecilotheria rufilata

SpookySpooder

"embiggened"
Arachnosupporter
Everybody who molted felt pretty shy about it, so this is it.

20230925_015222.jpg
2 OBT
1 H. pulchripes
1 A. genic
1 P. irminia

CrazyOrnithoctonineGuy

Arachnoknight
There were two very major molts yesterday, but for some reason I forgot to post them.

First, my other Pamphobeteus sp. "Big Black"/cf. antinous juvenile molted.

Second, I had a SUCCESSFUL Catageus cf. longispina molt, complete with pictures. After losing one to a bad molt it's nice to know that my setup actually works in providing sufficient molting room, though I've noted some issues as well.

Today also saw molts from one of my Omothymus violaceopes "Pahang" juveniles, my male juvie Poecilotheria ornata and one of my S. calceatum slings.

MariaLewisia

Arachnoknight
The first of my six Psalmopoeus ecclesiasticus slings have moulted to L4, which means I can finally start sexing them accurately! My Psalmopoeus male-female ratio is terrible (my first seven were all male lol) so if I manage to get even one female out of these I'm over the moon.

20230926_203644.jpg

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
Skyler (D. diamantinensis) molted today. Oddly enough she grasped onto the lid of her enclosure and molted that way. I was a little confused at first! But she looks great and is growing quickly. IMG_20230926_130737046~2.jpg

SpookySpooder

"embiggened"
Arachnosupporter
One of my cork bark holes kicked out a molt while I was watering everything last night. Didn't have time to feed so I'll do it today or tomorrow.
20230928_011638.jpg

I wonder how they fit in there during/after a molt. Do they widen the hole before the molt with their fangs?
20230928_011700.jpg

Pedipalpable

Arachnosquire
64D2BAA8-F5CD-4FCB-A35B-FF0415F1D366.jpeg
3CBB64FC-72A2-4FB4-BC37-903C2BC536CE.jpeg
01642E9B-F655-4A1B-AE58-6DC29A838425.jpeg 6B7BFEF4-3D37-48E1-835B-470F23B8A6F6.jpeg
My Theraphosa stirmi sling molted this afternoon. Unfortunately, it was an upright molt, and the sling got all 4 of its right legs stuck, as can be seen in the first photo. Even if they don’t look stuck, the sling was not moving them at all, so I took that as a sign that they were stuck.

I helped it finish molting by dribbling lots of water on the area around the stuck legs using a pipette, and then helping it get the final, deeply stuck leg seen in photos 3 and 4 out by very carefully lifting it using the handle of a small paintbrush. Note that I did not flip the sling over. It ended up on its back due to all the flailing in response to being doused with water.
The sling can be seen with all 8 legs free in the last photo.

I have checked on it several times since, and it is on its feet and appears to be doing fine.

I also had several other (thankfully less eventful) molts happen over the second half of this month. There are too many photos to share in this one post so I will probably just create a personal photo thread and share them there at some point.
  • 0.1.0 Acanthoscurria geniculata “Squeaky” molted 09/11/23
  • 0.0.1 Hapalopus formosus molted 09/13/23
  • 0.0.1 Nhandu tripepii molted 09/15/23
  • 0.0.1 Tltiltocatl albopilosus molted 09/18/23
  • 0.0.1 Nhandu chromatus molted 09/20/23
  • 0.0.1 Cyriopagopus sp. Bach Ma molted 09/21/23
I find it interesting that all the molts this months have been within three days of one another, plus a week in the case the T. stirmi molt today.

Attachments

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter +
My girl Bauble moulted Chromatapelma cyaneopubescens juvenile female haven't took the moult yet she's on the side of her enclosure n I don't want her to try n bolt n hurt herself but already know she's female so no rush. Looks like all went well and shes even let me snap a pic in her new outfit 😊. She looks a little skinny but we will soon fix that once she's hardened n it looks like she put on good size too 😊 20230930_064340.jpg
Well done Bauble 😊 you smashed it 💙💚🧡

CrazyOrnithoctonineGuy

Arachnoknight
A number of molts happened over the past few days:

- One of my two subadult Ornithoctoninae sp. "Phan Cay"s (other has just gone into premolt)
- One of my Ornithoctoninae sp. "Haribon" juveniles
- The larger of my two Psalmopoeus irminia
- Both my Birupes slings
- My suspected Phormingochilus everetti juvenile (suspected because I was given this thing as a freebie P. sp. "rufus", and I have no idea what it actually is, though it being an everetti is one of the more likely options)

And some that happened today:
- One of the two Phormingochilus sp. "rufus" (this one being a juvenile and the larger of the two) that were mis-sold as P. everetti
- one of the two female Poecilotheria ornata juveniles I have; this is one one I first confirmed as female via carapace sexing, and now I've confirmed it with her molt as well.

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter +
My little man moulted last night. Trebor Extra Strong Mint juvenile male Acanthoscurria geniculata, looks like it all went well and once he is hardened and got a few meals down him will be getting an upgrade, definitely needs it after this moult as with all genics he has gone from ' ah viv will do one more moult ' to ' that's way to small ' in that one moult 😆 love the size jump on these. 20230930_190759.jpg
Chillin on his moult. All hail 🙌 n well done Trebor 😁.