Who molted today?

MikeInNC

Arachnopeon
I was just about to go to bed (8/14/12 at about 11:00pm) when I thought, "I'm sure nothing's going on, and I hate to bother them, but I'll go see if the T's are out-and-about."

T's are in an IKEA bookshelf - one has the top shelf, one the shelf below.

Shelf-above T, nothing going on. I think he/she's waiting for her Friday feeding.

Bottom T......... Ummmm...... There's two T's in his/her hide. Hold on! He/she molted overnight (after eating this past Friday) and now there's a T with brighter spinnerettes (that's all I can make out - lol) and "Old T".

That was quick! I never got to see the sideways/upside down act. This T was, BTW, the one that wasn't eating for a while. The fact that he/she ate this past Friday threw me off once I saw into the hide tonight.

So, what do I do to get the old exo-skeleton out of the hide? Is it a potential mold/mildew/mite issue? I know I cannot disturb the T for two weeks (and have marked the feeding calendar for this T to note his/her situation).

After two weeks, do I disturb the T by ripping up it's hide to access the exo? Or???

Thanks for any feedback.

Also - I don't know if others have felt this (and I haven't read any of the other posts in this 90 page thread) but it feels almost like being a daddy - LOLOL

Later!

-Mike in NC

panterafreak21

Arachnopeon
After about four months maybe longer my obt finally molted. havent got a full on look yet but from what i can see she is very orange:)

AngryMothNoises

Arachnosquire
P.cambedgei sling molted this morning! Infact.... The hole time I was sitting at the desk were all my Ts are and yet I didn't notice it molt. XD

Its way over an inch now!

Simon83

Arachnosquire
Despite my b.boehmei juvie only eating last week I found her lying on her back last night. There was an anxious 4 hours on my part of her not making any kind of movement but eventually she started flexing and all went well. This was my first time watching a t of substantial size molt and it was an amazing experience...whoever had her before powerfed the hell out of he and so she seems to have grown a LOT.

Legion09

Arachnoknight
My A. versicolor molted this morning. was .75 inches...not sure his current size as she's still curled and moving ever so slightly....seems like he's eating the molt too...>.<...

Bugmom

Arachnolord
Yay! My first post in the molt thread!

Pogo the Togo (Heteroscodra maculata) sling molted sometime between 7:30 am and 11 am today. I haven't seen him yet as he's hiding in his burrow, but I found the exuvium shoved in a corner of his enclosure when I came home for lunch.
View attachment 107125 View attachment 107126

annabelle

Arachnosquire
My A. versicolor molted a couple days ago!

Went from this...

To this!

I didn't expect him to get his adult colors so fast!! :love:

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
2nd A. purpurea molted into 7th instar with nearly complete adult coloration! AWESOME!

cmack91

Arachnopeon
My Cyclosternum fasciatum molted some time last night:biggrin: it's probably a hair over 1" now. I will get pictures later of the two molts I have (including this one) and him so everyone can see the growth rate.

Edit: my Pterinochilus murinus should also be molting very soon, I can feel it lol.

thespiderguy

Arachnopeon
I had 9 Pink Salmon Bird Eaters molt in the last few days...

Also 1 P. Metallica molted. Still no adult colors yet...

Also had my B Bohemei molt into a mature male. Exciting!

MarkmD

Arachnoprince
I had my A,minatrix molt last week and my L,Parahybana last month and looks to be in pre-molt now.

freedumbdclxvi

Arachnoprince
My N chromatus is in the midst of molting.

edit: went to check on the chromatus, and I found my P muticus on its back.

Last edited:

Legion09

Arachnoknight
My P. irminia molted in her 3 week dissapearance...started showing herself today so I took it as a good opportunity to clean her home and take pics.

Went from 1.25" to 1.75". Pretty substantial jump. :D

cerialkiller

Arachnosquire
My chaco golden knee is molting as I type this I'm so excited , I hope it comes out ok

caught somewhere in time...

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
My P. irminia molted in her 3 week dissapearance...started showing herself today so I took it as a good opportunity to clean her home and take pics.

Went from 1.25" to 1.75". Pretty substantial jump. :D
Psalmopoeus grow really fast, yeah!